RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, one woman yelling that she had no way to know the park was going to open early and that when she arrived the boarding passes were already gone. Sounded like they were unable to provide her any compensation. Not sure what she wanted.
Next thing you know she is going to complain about the x-wings that she didnt even know about...

The way i see it is that Disney is stuck in the age and time of when you needed to line up for concert tickets. Everyone knew you needed to get there hours and hours early to buy the good seats, or any seats for that matter.

Thus people are mad when they get to the park at a normal opening time and arent able to do the newest thing. But Its not even remotely new that disney has been opening the parks much earlier than posted times for new rides and new lands.

... , but are you willing to pay a fee of $10 per person to ride the brand new ride? Most people will probably avoid the financial penalty.

2 1/2 years later, FoP can take over 3 hours. Hagrid had horrendous wait times. Without VQ, RotR would have way longer wait times than 4 hours. If its 4 or 6 or 8 hours of wait, you wouldnt pay a $10 per person penalty to skip that? Which I believe is a rare occurrence since you have a 2 hour window.

Next thing you know she is going to complain about the x-wings that she didnt even know about...

The way i see it is that Disney is stuck in the age and time of when you needed to line up for concert tickets. Everyone knew you needed to get there hours and hours early to buy the good seats, or any seats for that matter.

Thus people are mad when they get to the park at a normal opening time and arent able to do the newest thing. But Its not even remotely new that disney has been opening the parks much earlier than posted times for new rides and new lands.
You know, not everyone who goes to WDW knows about the DIS, or has access to that kind of historical information. She made plans based on what she was told (a 9am opening) and that was changed without her being told. I think she has every right to be upset.

Sayhello

Is there any advantage at this point to having magicbands in order to book into VQ for this ride? If not I’ll skip them and stay with the cards. Thanks!

Are you suggesting Disney follow the concert model and charge $$$ for popular activities? Charge enough so demand matches capacity
$200 a ride? $500? Let conceirage guests get their vq the night before from their conceirage? Vq slot included with every light saber purchase?

Disney doesn't have the capacity to meet demand . This system is as good as anything else

You know, not everyone who goes to WDW knows about the DIS, or has access to that kind of historical information. She made plans based on what she was told (a 9am opening) and that was changed without her being told. I think she has every right to be upset.

Sayhello
Agreed. It’s very unfortunate, especially for those trying somewhat to unplug on their trip and not reading the DIS OR Twitter regularly.

Sayhello

I agree. The reality is that a real queue would never be 4,6,8 hours long because (almost) no one would tolerate that wait and waste their entire day in a queue.

I agree. The reality is that a real queue would never be 4,6,8 hours long because (almost) no one would tolerate that wait and waste their entire day in a queue.
I'd like to present Exhibit A, Anna and Elsa meet and greet in Epcot. Back before they built their permanent location they were regularly drawing 5 hour (I believe) waits.
Do you not remember the waits for FOP? People will wait that long.
But they might not wait that long a second time which is why one BG per person would potentially have merit. 🤔 💡 😉

Uhhh...to add to the already built list. I remember their being a wait for the villains I think it was on one of the 24 hr day that was 10+ hours or something like. Or something really over the top. @SouthFayetteFan has a point that they probably wouldn't do it a second time for obvious reasons. But the point is there have been lines that have topped well over 4 hours in the past.

Sayhello

Yes that really stinks.

On the other hand if they didn't open early, those early arrivers would have been ahead of her anyways, just maybe not in the park and spilling into the parking lot.

But they might not wait that long a second time which is why one BG per person would potentially have merit. 🤔 💡 😉

True lol. I really think Disney did this the best they possibly could have (save for not being clear with opening times and reliability) with a very popular yet unreliable ride. People are bound to be disappointed because it just can't get through as many people as it should be yet.

Not necessarily on the bolded part because everyone's line-tolerance is different. With VQ, as a poster mentioned earlier, there is no pain-point. People with younger kids may not get in a 4-hour stand-by line, but they will get in a boarding group because...why not? The poster above mentioned that he'd gotten to the park two hours before park opening and his return time ended up conflicting with candlelight processional plans. That's a lot of hours to wait to ride when you get there two hours before opening. I can't imagine that a stand-by line would have been as long of a wait.

I think the big issue here is ADRs. You need to make a decision on those "other plans" 24 hours prior to avoid ADR cancellation fees. Their other plans may be less important than riding ROTR, but are you willing to pay a fee of $10 per person to ride the brand new ride? Most people will probably avoid the financial penalty.

I totally agree with this :)

For the ADR thing though, as long as it isn't when the ADR time is or one that you've prepaid, you can modify it and change it to a future date and then cancel it. I had a plan to buy tickets for MVMCP the other day, but decided it was too cold. Had a Plaza reservation, but wasn't going to go to MK anymore since we decided not to do the party. Just modified the reservation, swapped it to a different day and then cancelled it. A DRC person told me this over the phone years ago.

It's tough with this being so unpredictable, but you've got to be willing to leave yourself open if you want to ride it but the ride is going to be around for many, many years so even if it isn't this trip...

For the ADR thing though, as long as it isn't when the ADR time is or one that you've prepaid, you can modify it and change it to a future date and then cancel it. I had a plan to buy tickets for MVMCP the other day, but decided it was too cold. Had a Plaza reservation, but wasn't going to go to MK anymore since we decided not to do the party. Just modified the reservation, swapped it to a different day and then cancelled it. A DRC person told me this over the phone years ago.

It's tough with this being so unpredictable, but you've got to be willing to leave yourself open if you want to ride it but the ride is going to be around for many, many years so even if it isn't this trip...

That's interesting! I'm surprised they are the ones who actually gave you the work around lol.

We've had luck having an in person CM cancel for us and waive the fee with something that was our own fault not Disney's. I would guess it wouldn't be too hard to have a CM waive the fee when it was a BG conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!