Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

Omg right!!!! Fun fact I bought a pair of $17 shorts on Amazon because I wanted to test out a kind with two side pockets but I didn't want to spend too much on a test. And I liked them and they became my marathon shorts!

I was oogling those pockets in your picture, but thought that was perhaps a bit creepy. I will now be scouring amazon for new shorts (even though I should be getting winter gear at this point).

That Goofy medal was freakin' awesome. Just sayin'. It nearly tempted me for a minute there but I think I have my FOMO under control. You, on the other hand, just need to do it!!

tenor.gif

I was oogling those pockets in your picture, but thought that was perhaps a bit creepy. I will now be scouring amazon for new shorts (even though I should be getting winter gear at this point).

Turns out sticking multiple gels and backhup headphones in my shorts makes me look a little "hippy" in pictures. They are actually the brand baleaf. The fabric was fairly thick and compression-y so they may have been too hot for a really warm day. I was actually looking at trying the inknburn similar length shorts with pockets but kept balking at the price tag. But they are so cute I probably will cave for next summer.

Roxymama is back! WDW Marathon Weekend training has begun!!! And also chocolate! Everything is Ducky!

giphy.gif

It's been a hot minute since I updated you with a new training journal entry. So I'm happy to announce that a new training plan has commenced this week! My plan is weekly updates on how I'm doing (because it's going to be winter soon and I'll need someone(s) to hold me accountable to get all my runs in!) Plus it's shopping season and everyone needs a little enabling in their lives.
So Come Join Me Again!!!

giphy.gif

I've now taken just slightly over two weeks off from running after completing my first marathon in Chicago. That went something like this.

Few days after: Very hard to stand up or sit down without feeling the burn in my quads. Annoying sportsbra chafing at record annoyance levels. Big toenail slightly red.
About a week in: My legs feel normal! Chafing getting better! Toenail decidely purple and bruised area growing! But I can't feel it anymore as an ouch when I walk. But I'm getting a cold.
Next week: This cold SUCKS. Had to stay home from work one day. Legs are fine. Body is fine. Toenail is starting to turn brown but still in tact and hasn't left me yet.
Early this week: pretty much feeling better save for some annoying nose blows. toe nail is still brown but still with me and now it's time to get ready to run.

Throughout the whole two weeks this was me....
giphy.gif

Did y'all know that Taco Bell is now on grub hub in my area? My stomach does. Is Pizza for a third time in one week a good thing? To say that I've used my lack of wanting to move as a reason not to cook and my marathon finish as a reason to reward myself via my belly is an understatement. But I'm resetting and getting back into my better runner girl habits now.

giphy.gif

So here's what's next for me.
Roxykiddo's birthday (halloween spooky baby!)
Lots of parties and fun surrounding that! And cake!
November 4th Hot Chocolate 15k in Chicago. Followed by early Thanksgiving downtown at my cousin's building. I raced this one two years ago as my first attempt at getting a good disney corral position and it was very successful 1:33:06 (10:00 avg) and I raced that one hard. Last year I ran it several weeks after recovering from an A race and kind of took it easy with a pace group until the end but improved 1:31:22 (9:49 avg.) This year I've got just over a week to run again before doing it and I literally have no idea how it'll go or what I'll do until I'm doing it mid-race???? But I get a chocolate hot dog medal and that's all I care about. Plus I have to run it because I'll have a 5 year legacy next year (I did the 5k three years ago.) I plan to wear my ice cream skirt and the race jacket.
_2d32b7201222ac2aa257dd4c12956cd0.png

12125fa2d2850324ad432999bb861555--running-skirts-running-costumes.jpg

But my training plan in hand is really for the WDW Half Marathon Jan 12th!!!
My friend is going this year and wanted to run the half (she's ran the full but was a one and done for now.) We'd talked about finding another race weekend to go together and with the year I've had, it felt like the right time to ask hubby for a long weekend adventure getaway! And he said "awesome, do it" Ole!

giphy.gif

I know everyone is going to ask if I am also going to run the Mickey marathon. After much deliberation, anxiety, internal and external pressure, and taco bell...I've decided to...

giphy.gif

Just focus on Donald and the half. It all comes down to that I just really don't want to train for more than the half and I don't really want to run a full so soon again. I still love to run. I'm still a runner. I still love rundisney. All obvious. Will I do the WDW marathon in the future. I can say with 100% certainty that I will. Now that I know I CAN finish a marathon; I'd love to do one at disney. Just not in 11 weeks from now. And since @SarahDisney is running the 5k, 10k, and full...Together we are doing Dopey as a tag team...who doesn't earn the extra medals. And she has to do 3/4 of the work.

giphy.gif

The nicest part is that roxypapa aka my dad has agreed to be my travel companion and roommate on my race weekend adventure. Roxyhubby will be staying back with kiddo who is now is big kid school. I'm trying not to feel too guilty about it since she unknowingly is going on a Disney Cruise over her spring break with us (EEEEEE!!!!)

Our plan is to Fly in Friday 1/11 morning. Magic Express to Art of Animation to store our bags or go to our room. Little Mermaid Room!!! Then head to Expo and after that...magic kingdom. Gotta hit up the People Mover and Country Bears and the Tiki Room and Skippers Canteen for dinner!
Then Race on Saturday either with my friend if she wants to run with me and that will likely be from a back corral or by myself if she would rather go solo. And that'll likely be from corral D.
Afternoon Tea at Grand Floridian is my celebration meal. And then my friend and I will have Tiki drinks at trader Sam's that evening.
We'll do park stuff and hopefully see some runners out and about on Sunday and finish our trip with Sushilluminations in Japan. If they still have illuminations by then? I'm sure that's on one of @rteetz threads for me to find.

She's going as Figment. I'm dressing as the Tiki Room!
This is my shirt and my skirt. I'm wearing a red parrot on my wrist and will be holding a blue parrot in my other hand. I also am looking for a parrot Iphone case for my phone. @AuntieBean is crafting me tiki bird head band gear too :)

IMG_4728.jpg
IMG_4734.JPG

So my plan for this week:
3 easy miles
3 easy miles
3 easy miles
5 long run miles

Let me tell you that the first 3 miles SUCKED!!!!! HARD! Like I ran them but my body was basically questioning what running was and if I'd ever done it before. I think it was the leftover effects of my cold, a ton of lounging on my couch, not hydrating properly at all for like a week straight, too much diet coke and coffee, etc. I have every confidence that they next few will be better and I'm going to take better care of myself to ensure that.

Back to running tomorrow. tonight is my rest night.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Super excited to follow along! You’re going to have a great marathon weekend and the HM is just perfect! Love the outfit!!!

Sigh... So Dopey 2020 it is!

Illuminations runs through Summer 2019 officially. (Through the end of September according to rumors)

Just watch them announce a fifth Monday race and create some mega new ultra challenge. Like the "Mufasa" or something. And then people will be like I'm "only" running the Dopey. #newsandrumors

Hi Dopey buddy!!!!
I'm sad that we wont be running any races together, bit I'm glad that I now get to tell people that I'm doing Dopey...(when combining my races with a buddy, aka you)

I'll run through the castle with you or around spaceship earth or something at some point in the weekend.

Super excited to follow along! You’re going to have a great marathon weekend and the HM is just perfect! Love the outfit!!!

Super excited too!! So far I've run through Animal Kingdom and Epcot and Disneyland and DCA...but never through the actual Magic Kingdom and Cinderella's castle. So I'm super stoked! Now I just have to hope they don't change the course this year.

Just watch them announce a fifth Monday race and create some mega new ultra challenge. Like the "Mufasa" or something. And then people will be like I'm "only" running the Dopey. #newsandrumors

I'll run through the castle with you or around spaceship earth or something at some point in the weekend.

Super excited too!! So far I've run through Animal Kingdom and Epcot and Disneyland and DCA...but never through the actual Magic Kingdom and Cinderella's castle. So I'm super stoked! Now I just have to hope they don't change the course this year.
A Monday race might be a bit much when they are having trouble selling the races as is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter