Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

You know what's really annoying? When you're running a Rangers-sponsored race and you want to wear your Rangers t-shirt, but it's going to be freezing and you just don't know how many layers you can fit under the t-shirt...
(Feel free to substitute Blackhawks for Rangers if that makes more sense in your head)

I'm officially annoyed at this weather. Wasn't it super hot like 2 weeks ago???

Getting a cafe du monde mug is mandatory in New Orleans!!

Gah...now I want those beignets!

OK, now this picture is just cruel. I need beignets!!

It’s not often that things match the hype. Not only did those beignets match the hype, they smashed it out of the park. It was one of those magical pinch me moments - warm breeze, sax in the background, and those crispy pillowy sugary treats!

Coffee was rubbish though

In my experience, cold butt only happens below 25 degrees, so I think you're good at 38! :thumbsup2

I hear you, we got robbed for sure, and I was hoping the snow would hold off until December, but not so. :crazy2:

I literally wrote the cold butt comment specifically to see if you'd comment on it :)

You know what's really annoying? When you're running a Rangers-sponsored race and you want to wear your Rangers t-shirt, but it's going to be freezing and you just don't know how many layers you can fit under the t-shirt...
(Feel free to substitute Blackhawks for Rangers if that makes more sense in your head)

I'm officially annoyed at this weather. Wasn't it super hot like 2 weeks ago???

It was really hot last week (but I was in Florida)

I've been known to wear singlets over jackets or long sleeves so I say embrace the layering in the name of themeing!

It’s not often that things match the hype. Not only did those beignets match the hype, they smashed it out of the park. It was one of those magical pinch me moments - warm breeze, sax in the background, and those crispy pillowy sugary treats!

Coffee was rubbish though

Haha, that's the chicory. It's not my fave either. They used to cut the coffee with it to save money and it became traditional.

After I crushed my marathon PR in New Orleans this past Feb p, I had one of those beignets. I have to admit it was super awesome!

Because I only talk about mugs now...I'd like to report that I've become a mom who sits in the stands at the local ice rink with her silver travel mug of coffee to keep warm. As hubby put it "look you've become one of those people"
Well I guess I have.
IMG_2805.JPG
At least tomorrow it'll be a beer with the hubs at the hawks game.

btw ... I've been thinking of you a lot lately. Because "Chelsea Dagger" is on the Spotify playlist I've been listening to (mostly) while working on my hackathon app, and I know that's a Blackhawks song. Enjoy the game tomorrow!

All right, I'm catching up on this journal. I feel like I left for a few days and missed so much.

1. I love the mugs. I'm not sure if I love the Hipster Mickey and Minnie one better or the Teacup ride mug. I love the shape of the teacup but the saucer makes it harder to store so I guess they're both equal.
2. With regards to a countdown... perhaps a different sort of counter. For example it could say "It's been X days since @FFigawi has mentioned my running Dopey."
3. Funny you should mention beignets since I ended my run at Café Du Monde yesterday and got some. YUM!
3. The shoe ornament is super cute. I'm very jealous they didn't have them for Tink in 2016.

Oh, I love the shoe ornament!!!

Me too!!! I missed out on getting it at the expo (I guess it was a fast seller) and my husband surprised me with it when I get home. I'm like 99.98% sure it came from evil-bay but I told him just not to tell me so that I can be ignorant blissful about it. I like to pretend Tink just came to my house at night and delivered it instead.

All right, I'm catching up on this journal. I feel like I left for a few days and missed so much.

1. I love the mugs. I'm not sure if I love the Hipster Mickey and Minnie one better or the Teacup ride mug. I love the shape of the teacup but the saucer makes it harder to store so I guess they're both equal.
2. With regards to a countdown... perhaps a different sort of counter. For example it could say "It's been X days since @FFigawi has mentioned my running Dopey."
3. Funny you should mention beignets since I ended my run at Café Du Monde yesterday and got some. YUM!
3. The shoe ornament is super cute. I'm very jealous they didn't have them for Tink in 2016.

Someone on here gave me the idea (I think maybe it was run.minnie.miles) to store your fave mug in your keurig machine to display it. So I bought the teacup mug for that purpose. It's gonna live under my keurig instead of in my cabinet (because it is an odd shape.)
Ugh, jealous of you having a beignet!!
And I agree that the shoe ornaments are cool. We got one for wine n dine too since it said weekend on it (since we didn't runt he half.)

Hey!! I'm home... Boo :guilty: BUT I really enjoyed reading your race recap! It's so much fun knowing I was there too haha

As I've already said you absolutely smashed it! So proud of you! In fact you've really motivated me to do better and set some running goals for myself... I want to be able to run a 5k like that one day!

My Mam was proud of her first 5k, she did great! We got so many shout outs for the outfits so it was really fun!

Long time coming...
View attachment 282967
And yes we put our tree up...we're doing thanksgiving early this year.

And no I didn't run yet...I have an annoying cold and we saw my lil pony movie instead yesterday.

:love:

We actually put our Christmas stuff up this weekend too. I'm out of town most of this week and lots going on next weekend and then we are hosting Thanksgiving at our house too, so just decided to take advantage of a quiet weekend and get it done.

Hey!! I'm home... Boo :guilty: BUT I really enjoyed reading your race recap! It's so much fun knowing I was there too haha

As I've already said you absolutely smashed it! So proud of you! In fact you've really motivated me to do better and set some running goals for myself... I want to be able to run a 5k like that one day!

My Mam was proud of her first 5k, she did great! We got so many shout outs for the outfits so it was really fun!

I wish I was back at disney right now (sobs)
Hey, you can run Dopeys and challenges...That's uber impressive to me. You've totally got 5k smashing in your wheelhouse :)
Your outfits were pretty awesome...but how hot did they feel around mile 3? And did everyone's hats stay on? These are the important questions.

:love:

We actually put our Christmas stuff up this weekend too. I'm out of town most of this week and lots going on next weekend and then we are hosting Thanksgiving at our house too, so just decided to take advantage of a quiet weekend and get it done.

That's kind of how we were. We took down Halloween (cry) and then it felt empty. So we took advantage of a clean living room and put the tree up (yay.) Plus I am totally 100.99% sick with a dumb cold right now and trees make everything cozier, right?
Still got a lot more xmas stuff to put up, but we'll do that a little at a time.

Love the tink ornament!! I can’t wait to decorate for Christmas!

Someone on here gave me the idea (I think maybe it was run.minnie.miles) to store your fave mug in your keurig machine to display it. So I bought the teacup mug for that purpose.

This could have been me! My chip mug lives in (on?) my keurig :)

Hope your cold goes away soon!
And btw... it’s totally ok to be one of those people with mugs. I actually sometimes bring Diet Coke into our high school’s basketball games (my hubby is a non teacher coach) bc I don’t like Pepsi...I’m one of “those” people. ;)

Running Update:
giphy.gif

Well I know that I suggested that I may possibly try a local 5k this Saturday, but I've been attacked by a fall cold pretty hard. I was in denial that it'd be one of those short lived two-day situations but I had to take off from work yesterday and I'm struggling through it today. So at this time I just don't think there's any need to push it for no reason.
giphy.gif

On the bright side, this weekend I'll hopefully get to go to a special Disney event downtown with my family for my husbands work (I missed it last year from being sick...booo.) Usually it involves getting to take pics with some characters. And I get to do Thanksgiving early (well, late if you are Canadian.) So hopefully my appetite shows up.

But my whole body is tired from being sick and I'm sick of being tired, etc.
giphy.gif

At least this didn't happen on vacation or before a big race or during hard training. So I guess I should be grateful.

Until I have more exciting things to report on...
giphy.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts