Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

Sorry about your cold. I'm sending healthy vibes your way so you can enjoy your trip.

My best packing tip is to bring a lanyard with a little plastic case at the end for your room key. Until swimsuits have pockets, it's nice to have a way to carry your key around.

I have been absent here for longer than usual and it's totally an "all the things that can happen in life are happening at once" kind of crazy week or three. But I've accumulated a mountain of thoughts etc. So this my "I Owe You" for later today when I'm carving out some sit down time to do an update here and a fun one in the Chicago October thread.
As my husband wisely told me yesterday while sitting in the ice arena bleachers during kiddo's "snowplow 2" class..."you still need to make time for what is fun for you and makes you happy".

So I guess "see y'all real soon"...just not until after I do my 15 other to-do list items for the day :)

It's Tuesday. Where's the update???????
giphy.gif

(I hope you're the good kind of busy right now ... and I'm looking forward to reading all about it when you have time to update)

I can count on you guys to make me smile!! Put 90 minutes on your clocks. I've got a lean cuisine and a will to Dis.

And a whole bunch of crazy new things going on (disclaimer: not really that crazy...don't want to set the bar for too high).

Teaser: unicorn

I’m Here…I Exist…

So I guess where do I start.

I went after something at work that was above my normal set of responsibilities. I wanted it but it is something new…and I’ve been in my current role for going on 14 years. Now lots about my current role has changed with time, but this has new things that go with it. I’m not being super specific because I don’t like talking work (since who knows who has found me here) so I will just say…it has gone well and I have some new things I get to do. But I am learning and it will take time and I am busy. Want to do things right so I’m just taking a lot of time to get it right.

I went after something and here I am. Sometimes running confidence seeps into other things in life, no?

As Coach put it “I didn’t have a PR in life on your training plan”

So while that is all going on…I was in a car accident. I’ll skip ahead to the part where I AM FINE! My car…it was a total loss. I am extremley lucky. The fast car that hit me from the side pushed me into a utility van, but myself and the van were both in very slow traffic lanes and barely moving. I am lucky. It was a hit and run. The guy stopped for maybe a minute or two but left before I had my wits about me. The van driver was a godsend and his project manager who came out was also a good human. So I got a pretty cut up and bruised left knee as it had the biggest impact. My left hand too. But seems at least through running since that it’s all superficial bruise and cut stuff and it is uncomfortable under pants…but nothing that shorts and capris pulled up in the gym will bother. So this weekend (bless roxyhubby) we did a lot of insurance stuff, repair shop stuff, buying a new car, paperwork, car juggling, etc. And you can imagine that my first paragraph combined with this one has made life a bit hectic.

And we got hit by around a foot of snow this weekend. So yeah...

So have I been running. YES I HAVE! Have I been running as much as I planned this week. WOMP WOMP. No I haven’t. I missed three days. Thursday through Sunday. Hubby missed his days too.

So this is my Topic of the day. It’s called AND THEN

Hubby taught it to me from someone who taught it to him at his work.

You can keep yourself from getting “stuck” in life if you keep focusing on the AND THEN

My car got totaled and I got hurt. AND THEN we filed the claim. AND THEN we researched for new cars. AND THEN we bought one. AND THEN…AND THEN…just one step at a time. Un-stick ourselves from the crummy situation.

So with my running.

Life got busy. I missed my runs this weekend. AND THEN I set out my clothes for tonight. AND THEN I’m getting everything I can done today at work. AND THEN I’ll do my kiddo’s valentines tonight with her early. AND THEN I run. Same plan Coach DB made for me this week. Doing 4 days this week because AND THEN I get to fly to Mexico end of this week. AND THEN hubby and I get to run together down there and relax at the fancy spa.

I’m not gonna let myself get stuck when I want to get back to my routine.

AND THEN I signed up for this

boston-4-rett-virtual-5K-medal.jpg

The women over at Sparkle Athletic are running Boston for Rhett Syndrom. So on the day of the Boston marathon whatever miles I've got on the plate I'll be logging for this. I just like the cause and UM UNICORN MEDAL! So if anyone wants to run with me that day virtually come join the fun.

And finally: On Sunday I went ice skating with my kiddo and completely wiped out and landed on my ouch knee. AND THEN I got back up and kept going.

I am so sorry to hear and so glad that you are okay. The AND THEN sounds like the best advice and wish I would have had that after my accident.
Good for you for going for it at work. I hope it works out great, you enjoy it and is all the better for you. I also hope you have a wonderful time south of the border, relax and have fun sounds like you so deserve that. The Unicorn medal is sweet may have to join you on that. Everyone needs a Unicorn medal in there life.

I’m Here…I Exist…

giphy.gif

I went after something at work that was above my normal set of responsibilities. I wanted it but it is something new…and I’ve been in my current role for going on 14 years. Now lots about my current role has changed with time, but this has new things that go with it. I’m not being super specific because I don’t like talking work (since who knows who has found me here) so I will just say…it has gone well and I have some new things I get to do. But I am learning and it will take time and I am busy. Want to do things right so I’m just taking a lot of time to get it right.

So basically, this is your new work load:
giphy.gif

New responsibilities are hard, and the adjustment period is difficult. But keep working hard and learning your new responsibilities and I know you'll do great!

So while that is all going on…I was in a car accident. I’ll skip ahead to the part where I AM FINE! My car…it was a total loss. I am extremley lucky. The fast car that hit me from the side pushed me into a utility van, but myself and the van were both in very slow traffic lanes and barely moving. I am lucky. It was a hit and run. The guy stopped for maybe a minute or two but left before I had my wits about me. The van driver was a godsend and his project manager who came out was also a good human. So I got a pretty cut up and bruised left knee as it had the biggest impact. My left hand too. But seems at least through running since that it’s all superficial bruise and cut stuff and it is uncomfortable under pants…but nothing that shorts and capris pulled up in the gym will bother. So this weekend (bless roxyhubby) we did a lot of insurance stuff, repair shop stuff, buying a new car, paperwork, car juggling, etc. And you can imagine that my first paragraph combined with this one has made life a bit hectic.

Glad you're okay!
I hate hit and run drivers ... how can anyone do that? Makes no sense to me ...
giphy.gif

You can keep yourself from getting “stuck” in life if you keep focusing on the AND THEN

This is the best attitude. It's so easy to dwell on what was, but ... you have to move forward. Focus on what happens next. I love this!
giphy.gif

The women over at Sparkle Athletic are running Boston for Rhett Syndrom. So on the day of the Boston marathon whatever miles I've got on the plate I'll be logging for this. I just like the cause and UM UNICORN MEDAL! So if anyone wants to run with me that day virtually come join the fun.

giphy.gif

(sorry, I don't do cat gifs. I barely do Harry Potter gifs)

Okay so @SarahDisney has covered the HP GIFs, so here's one from me:

giphy.gif

Big ol' HUG because I am so glad that you are okay! What a crappy human to just scoot away after hitting you...:furious:

The work stuff sounds...mostly good I think? Overwhelming but good. Good for you for taking on some new stuff. :thumbsup2

It is okay to miss a run or two or three or whatever here and there!! Team roxyfam will come back stronger than ever.

I LOVE your AND THEN stuff - thank you for sharing that. Very timely for me.

And hold on excuse me - UNICORN MEDAL. Will you be doing your make-up with your unicorn palette before you do your run to earn your unicorn medal??

(Look a two-for...caticorn!)
4QMex_s-200x150.gif

tumblr_m599qm8lju1qg09dv.gif

I’m Here…I Exist…

6b9enog.gif

So I guess where do I start.

giphy.gif

I went after something and here I am. Sometimes running confidence seeps into other things in life, no?

As Coach put it “I didn’t have a PR in life on your training plan”

So while that is all going on…I was in a car accident. I’ll skip ahead to the part where I AM FINE! My car…it was a total loss. I am extremley lucky. The fast car that hit me from the side pushed me into a utility van, but myself and the van were both in very slow traffic lanes and barely moving. I am lucky. It was a hit and run. The guy stopped for maybe a minute or two but left before I had my wits about me.

When-Youre-Trying-Help-Friend-Who-Just-Dumped.gif

The van driver was a godsend and his project manager who came out was also a good human. So I got a pretty cut up and bruised left knee as it had the biggest impact. My left hand too. But seems at least through running since that it’s all superficial bruise and cut stuff and it is uncomfortable under pants…but nothing that shorts and capris pulled up in the gym will bother. So this weekend (bless roxyhubby) we did a lot of insurance stuff, repair shop stuff, buying a new car, paperwork, car juggling, etc. And you can imagine that my first paragraph combined with this one has made life a bit hectic.

NGjC2.gif

And we got hit by around a foot of snow this weekend. So yeah...

giphy.gif

So have I been running. YES I HAVE! Have I been running as much as I planned this week. WOMP WOMP. No I haven’t. I missed three days. Thursday through Sunday. Hubby missed his days too.

giphy.gif

So this is my Topic of the day. It’s called AND THEN

Hubby taught it to me from someone who taught it to him at his work.

My car got totaled and I got hurt. AND THEN we filed the claim. AND THEN we researched for new cars. AND THEN we bought one. AND THEN…AND THEN…just one step at a time. Un-stick ourselves from the crummy situation.

Harry-Potter-flying-car.gif

So with my running.

Life got busy. I missed my runs this weekend. AND THEN I set out my clothes for tonight. AND THEN I’m getting everything I can done today at work. AND THEN I’ll do my kiddo’s valentines tonight with her early. AND THEN I run. Same plan Coach DB made for me this week. Doing 4 days this week because AND THEN I get to fly to Mexico end of this week. AND THEN hubby and I get to run together down there and relax at the fancy spa.

wayjnp.gif

I’m not gonna let myself get stuck when I want to get back to my routine.

AND THEN I signed up for this

boston-4-rett-virtual-5K-medal.jpg

catching-rainbows-unicorn-cat-meme.jpg

And finally: On Sunday I went ice skating with my kiddo and completely wiped out and landed on my ouch knee. AND THEN I got back up and kept going.

tenor.gif

AND THEN...I totally loved your post and plan to make AND THEN my new mantra in life!!!

200.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!