Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

MONDAY UPDATE:
I RAN THIS WEEKEND! I LIKE RUNNING! I MISS IT.

I LOVE these moments. It can be daunting getting back in the habit of regular running, even after a short break. Easier to make excuses and I'll admit, sometimes not running can be nice. And sometimes running is just crappy. But then you get those runs when it feels good and you are in a good rhythm and everything feels good and you feel awesome afterwards!

Hey I ran Tue and Thur. Pat on my back. Now just gotta complete Sat and Sun and I'm back on my way to consistency.
Hubby didn't want to workout Wed but I pushed him and he pushed me last night. So we are a family of pushers...which we need right now.

So that's my udpate for today.

I've also now tried every diet coke new flavor (they are for sale individually in cans at my grocery store, so I've been testing them out gradually) and I rank them in this order.
Diet Coke with vanilla from freestyle machines
Regular Diet Coke
Mango
Blood Orange
Feisty Cherry
Lime

None are good enough to crack my top two, but I did not dislike any of them!

Great job on getting back out there and getting it done. It's good to have other pushers in the family!

I prefer Coke Zero to Diet Coke. Our local store doesn't carry the vanilla coke zero. :( I love vanilla coke.

Great job on getting back out there and getting it done. It's good to have other pushers in the family!

I prefer Coke Zero to Diet Coke. Our local store doesn't carry the vanilla coke zero. :( I love vanilla coke.

giphy.gif

Yay for being a pusher! Haha. I just sign my husband up for races (usually 5k/10k) and that forces him to run more.

As for Coke. If I am gonna have one, I want it to be real and fountain or Mexican. And I try not to drink Coke that often, usually when I am hungover or having a bad day. But when I used to want to drink them more frequently I preferred Zero over Diet. Now I drink La Croix to get the carbonation effect without the calories. Getting older is weird.

Yay for being a pusher! Haha. I just sign my husband up for races (usually 5k/10k) and that forces him to run more.

As for Coke. If I am gonna have one, I want it to be real and fountain or Mexican. And I try not to drink Coke that often, usually when I am hungover or having a bad day. But when I used to want to drink them more frequently I preferred Zero over Diet. Now I drink La Croix to get the carbonation effect without the calories. Getting older is weird.

LaCroix lover right here! I hated it at first because I was basically part hummingbird with needing everything to be sweet. But I strayed from other sodas and started drinking them and now I find I can't finish sweeter drinks (or finish them as fast.) Diet coke is my "I'm out to eat" treat now where it used to be a real bad all the time habit. If I have it in my house for a party or something I start drinking it like an addict. I can see buying these individual cans at 79 cents seeming pricey for one can...but so much better for me than having a 12 pack around.
I do always have big packs from Costco or grocery of La Croix and I drink them at night with dinner :)

Faves:
Tangerine
Berry
Mango
The tropical slim cans
Orange

I haven't tried grapefruit or coconut yet...am I missing out?

If I have it in my house for a party or something I start drinking it like an addict.
YUP. THIS IS ME. Once I have one coke and I have access to more I can't stop. (This sounds terrible if I wasn't talking about a pop.)

Faves:
Tangerine
Berry
Mango
The tropical slim cans
Orange

My Faves:
Cranberry Lime (Add vodka for low calorie cosmo)
Berry
Passionfruit
Peach Pear
Lime
Coconut

I have never tried Tangerine, Mango, or Orange so I will give those a try. We just got the Cherry Lime slim can and it was okay. I do like the coconut, it's like healthy malibu rum. And I think Grapefruit is super overrated.

I'm goofing off today and hitting ALL the training journals. Grapefruit, yes. Coconut, no.

The green lime La Croix cans look much like a Terrapin RecreationAle can. I have been surprised in both directions.

I'm goofing off today and hitting ALL the training journals. Grapefruit, yes. Coconut, no.

The green lime La Croix cans look much like a Terrapin RecreationAle can. I have been surprised in both directions.
And now she has to try the grapefruit and coconut for herself and report back.

I was saying that someone needs to make a La Croix beer koozy so I can drink beer but look like I am just staying well hydrated.

I tried Strawberry Diet Dr Pepper at Wendy’s recently and it was delightfully odd! I’d get it again. My favorite new Diet Coke is the Mango one :) The lime ginger didn’t really taste limey or gingery.

Glad to hear you’re getting back in the swing of the running thing :)

I love Diet Coke, but have yet to try the new flavors... they just don’t really appeal to me. So nice that you all like la croix, but I prefer the hard (aspartame) stuff ;)

I've never tried La Croix. I probably should since I really like seltzer and sparkling water, but ... I mostly just drink plain water (or coffee). I'm super boring.

I stopped drinking brown soda as a teenager so I can't contribute to the coke flavor aspect of this thread :( BUT, we do drink La Croix. I'm lame and prefer just the plain ol' blue can, but if I'm going for flavor, I also like the lime and the berry.

My work just put in a sparkling water machine, so that's gone a long way towards keeping me hydrated during the day : )

I loved all the La Croix and Diet Coke discussion. I'm down to only 3 more cans of Mango La Croix at home.
I've been sticking to mainly one coffee and work and then all water. Yesterday I had the worst headache and I think it's because my body maybe wanted more than what I gave it. So I started today with water first.

Updates with me!
Still loving when I'm running. Something about the blue skies and light being out later has been wonderful and I look forward to that every year. I will trade off feeling like a bear hibernating every morning in the dark for more time to run later. (I realize most people may be the opposite with running in the morning)

Got fairly easy miles planned for Thursday, Saturday, Sunday and I don't see any reason I can't make them all happen.

GIRLS ON THE RUN UPDATE!
My schedule is starting to fill as the weather turns nicer.
March 24th I'll be in Ravenswood for a 2 mile GOTR fun run (there are several planned sponsored by our local grocery store Marianos.)
While I am there I will be receiving some Nike promo gear to wear during the Shamrock Shuffle the next day 3/25. So I'm an official team GOTR solemate for the shuffle along with I think 8 or 9 other people. First time running a race for a specific team (other than team badger last year)
5/19 is the GOTR Central Chicago 5k and I'm volunteering. Looks like I'll be helping the coaches and teams as they arrive and then wherever they need me. So I'll wear my running shoes but not sure if I'm out there for 3.1 or just running around helping.
There's another one of these in early June.
Team outings and downtown runs etc will start popping up soon.
Kind of exciting.

I'm still incredibly busy in life, but spring has sprung at least a little bit and we all can be happy about that!

Totally forgot to include the update that there is a 90+% chance hubby will sign up for the shuffle last minute this year. if he decides to do that, he will likely be in a farther back corral. But I may run with him anyways. Where I am at right now with training I think having a good run with the hubby may be something nice for us to do together. I know that 4.97 miles is no problemo but I'd like to run with him and have a fun time. Then we can head straight to brunch when we are done.
It will mean no big PR, but I'm okay with that mentally.

So we will see what the day brings.

Totally forgot to include the update that there is a 90+% chance hubby will sign up for the shuffle last minute this year. if he decides to do that, he will likely be in a farther back corral. But I may run with him anyways. Where I am at right now with training I think having a good run with the hubby may be something nice for us to do together. I know that 4.97 miles is no problemo but I'd like to run with him and have a fun time. Then we can head straight to brunch when we are done.
It will mean no big PR, but I'm okay with that mentally.

So we will see what the day brings.

Sometimes I like easy and together the best, especially when all of your other together time is hectic. A nice, easy run together can sometimes be a fun time to catch up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter