Royal Caribbean bringing back upscale dining!

Sleepyluke

DIS Veteran

Ok, I finally found ONE thread where someone was asking about it. The responses are pretty much "I've seen that but am getting conflicting information." So...TBD I suppose.

I wouldn't call this bringing back upscale dining. They are just saying no shorts or tank tops. That isn't difficult. Capris, slacks, skirts, sundress, polo shirt. Still not fancy. I'm sure young ladies and boys will still be allowed shorts.
You are right. We were on 10 night Princess Cruise in January, had no problems with what was expected.

If they keep changing the dress code to address customer complaints, I expect that they'll reverse this reversal about 3 months from now. And then reverse again 3 months after that etc. ad nauseum.

And while people are up in arms about this, they'll raise the price of the specialty restaurants by $5 across the board, because no one is paying attention to that.

I mean, I guess we'll see if they actually enforce this. It's not like they did before.

Not wearing shorts is considered fancy attire?
I suppose it depends if you're wearing pants instead of shorts, or not wearing anything at all.

If they keep changing the dress code to address customer complaints, I expect that they'll reverse this reversal about 3 months from now. And then reverse again 3 months after that etc. ad nauseum.

And while people are up in arms about this, they'll raise the price of the specialty restaurants by $5 across the board, because no one is paying attention to that.

I mean, I guess we'll see if they actually enforce this. It's not like they did before.

I suppose it depends if you're wearing pants instead of shorts, or not wearing anything at all.
They do have not wearing anything cruises.

It's always a great argument. Someone dresses up and they believe everyone should do the same so they can feel happy. How about, it's my vacation and I'll dress up if I want. Maybe everyone should have to wear shorts because that's what I like to wear. Is it so hard to pack some shorts? If I'm cruising and the temp is 90 with 99% humidity, I sure as heck don't want to sweat through dinner to make you feel happy. Is it possible for people to wear what they want and not worry about anyone else? Because the fact is, you will never be happy with what everyone else wears.

I don't think that a no shorts and no tank tops policy is asking too much for a dress code. You can be very comfortable and casual while following this dress code, so meh. :confused3 It isn't like you have to wear a suit and tie/dress and heels to go eat dinner.

It's time to bring back the skort. I can't imagine why you'd pack long pants on a caribean cruise.

It's always a great argument. Someone dresses up and they believe everyone should do the same so they can feel happy. How about, it's my vacation and I'll dress up if I want. Maybe everyone should have to wear shorts because that's what I like to wear. Is it so hard to pack some shorts? If I'm cruising Because the fact is, you will never be happy with what everyone else wears.
Not true. I'm happy with what other people wear. I honestly never pay attention. The only time I notice is if I see a grown women in a Minnie Mouse or Cinderella dress then I think they look stupid, but I still don't care whatever floats your boat...no pun intended.

They do have not wearing anything cruises.
That we know of. I mean, they do have charters every once in a while.

Anyway, I was just kidding around. Your original comment was phrased such that it could be interpreted in different ways.

This reminds me of student council. Teachers let students complain about food and dress code so they don't realize they are losing vacation days or something.

That we know of. I mean, they do have charters every once in a while.

Anyway, I was just kidding around. Your original comment was phrased such that it could be interpreted in different ways.
I have a coworker that goes on those cruises. She's from Europe I think it's more of a European thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter