Royal Caribbean Shows

61maris61

Mouseketeer
Just returned from a 5 day Liberty Of The Seas cruise. I felt the entertainment and shows provided had the best variety of any of our 12 cruises over the past ten years (cruise lines in that span include Royal, Disney, Princess, Celebrity).

The five main shows were: Day 1 - Opening Show with the Ship's Band and a Comedian; D2 - Spectrum, a group well known in Vegas with a Motown type show; D3 - "In the Air", a Cirque d Soleil type show; D4 - Physical Comedy (very funny individual); D5 - The Play Saturday Night Fever. Add to that a spectacular Ice Show, a hilarious piano player and other venues, and there was no lack of entertainment choices.

I would be the first to admit Disney has the best production shows at sea; their history to draw from can't be beat. Royal tries (poorly, IMO) to compete by having a few characters on board (Shrek, etc.), but only Disney is capable of offering the most poplar characters.

However, that being said, anyone considering a Royal cruise should be aware of the many entertaining options. While I certainly enjoyed the shows on our Disney cruise, I found Royal to have a much greater choice for entertainment overall.

That's great to know! Thank you for sharing.
Do they offer more than one showing and does it work around MDR seating? We will have late seating with a party of 12- I worry we will have a difficult time getting seats together for the shows.

That's great to know! Thank you for sharing.
Do they offer more than one showing and does it work around MDR seating? We will have late seating with a party of 12- I worry we will have a difficult time getting seats together for the shows.

Sat Night Fever was one show only (9:30PM); opening show was only one time in between the main dining times; others shows were scheduled twice. We seem to find late dining makes it a little tougher to make how's & other events, but not impossible. We did My Time Dining; that's not an easy option for a large group.

Ice Shows, by the way, are offered various times throughout th cruise - you can go on Royal's website and reserve a time.

Sat Night Fever was one show only . . .
One thing I especially like about the Saturday Night Fever production is the music is performed live by the ship's band -- and they are excellent.

As Crown & Anchor diamond level members, we've been invited to backstage tours. They are similar to the one previously offered by DCL to CC platinum level members (informal presentation and Q&A with some singers, dancers, and production staff, visit the dressing rooms, see costumes, and get to ride the stage lift).

Woody

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!