Royal Pacific Parking

MatthewNY

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone,

I am interested in spending some time at the new Royal Pacific Resort but I only have one day to spend in the Universal area. I was thinking of possibly doing breakfast at the hotel and taking transportation to the Studios, then returning for dinner that night. Is that possible ? If so how much extra would it be to park at the hotel as opposed to the main parking area for the parks ?

I don't know what parking costs in the Universal garages but parking is $6/day at RPR. If you are eating two meals there then you can certainly park your car at the hotel.

Now that I think about it, I have eaten dinner at PBH before and valet parked the car ($12). I had the valet ticket validated at Trattoria del Porto and didn't have to pay anything. I'm sure RPR does the same thing if you are eating in one of their restaurants.

Now why is it if you eat in one of the restaurants you parking ticket gets validated and the parking is free but if you stay in the hotel (RPR) and pay for each night and eat in the restaurants the parking is $6. Doesn't seem fair to me!
The amount we are paying for the rooms you would think the parking would be free for hotel guests?

Originally posted by slawsonth
Now why is it if you eat in one of the restaurants you parking ticket gets validated and the parking is free but if you stay in the hotel (RPR) and pay for each night and eat in the restaurants the parking is $6. Doesn't seem fair to me!
The amount we are paying for the rooms you would think the parking would be free for hotel guests?

I thought they same thing when I read about the parking fees. What's up with that?:mad:

I wasn't crazy about having to pay for parking at the hotels, either, especially since we have annual passes and can park for the day in the garage and not pay extra.

T&B

It definitely makes sense. Parking is so limited that if you are staying on site you will be using it for numerous days, where someone who is only there for a meal, will leave within hours. They are maximizing their revenue! I don't necessarily love it, but understand it.

I love having the parking fee seperate. We don't usually bring a car to Universal so why should it be included in my daily rate?

Definitely. If you did not bring a car, than you should not have to pay for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter