ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

Check out the smsm rates
That is the rate I book with as I start my stay late September

If you have a 7 night stay during September (and late part of August)
Discount is at 35%

Stays of either 3 maybe 4 nights are when the smsm rate begins

The rate is based on number of nights booked
Yes, I booked SMSM rate too! I have a 10 day stay. Glad I locked in the $210 rate as it seems to be going up.

A quick heads-up: I booked our Universal trip for January through Southwest Vacations, and they sent me this email yesterday:

This is a courtesy email regarding your upcoming stay at Universal’s Loews Royal Pacific Resort. This hotel has recently notified us that heir swimming pool will be temporarily closed for enhancements starting on January 7, 2019 through Early February 2019. Please note renovation dates are subject to change at any time without prior notification. During the pool closure period, guests will have access the alternate pool at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort at Universal Orlando, which is connected to Loews Royal Pacific through a convenient resort walkway. In addition, guests have access to the unique pools at all other Universal Orlando™ hotels.

Universal’s Loews Royal Pacific Resort is committed to providing guests with the best possible vacation experience and minimal impact during their stay. Therefore, compensation or relocation is not being offered.

Southwest Vacations

Since we're traveling with a pool-oriented family that doesn't want to pool-hop, I called Southwest and switched our 4-day reservation to the Hard Rock. (Which, for some reason, ended up being cheaper.) Anyway, just wanted anyone traveling in January to know about the pool issue!

A quick heads-up: I booked our Universal trip for January through Southwest Vacations, and they sent me this email yesterday:

This is a courtesy email regarding your upcoming stay at Universal’s Loews Royal Pacific Resort. This hotel has recently notified us that heir swimming pool will be temporarily closed for enhancements starting on January 7, 2019 through Early February 2019. Please note renovation dates are subject to change at any time without prior notification. During the pool closure period, guests will have access the alternate pool at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort at Universal Orlando, which is connected to Loews Royal Pacific through a convenient resort walkway. In addition, guests have access to the unique pools at all other Universal Orlando™ hotels.

Universal’s Loews Royal Pacific Resort is committed to providing guests with the best possible vacation experience and minimal impact during their stay. Therefore, compensation or relocation is not being offered.

Southwest Vacations

Since we're traveling with a pool-oriented family that doesn't want to pool-hop, I called Southwest and switched our 4-day reservation to the Hard Rock. (Which, for some reason, ended up being cheaper.) Anyway, just wanted anyone traveling in January to know about the pool issue!

Yep, they`re resurfacing the floor of the pool then. I think it needed it.

They`re also starting the renovation of the lobby around February time and that's being done in two parts...….it is going to be incredible from what I`ve heard about it :thumbsup2

OH MAN! Thanks for the update GreyPilgrim. I booked about a week ago for mid Jan and we were definitely swimmers. I clicked over to RPR and the note is up now, but wasn't when we booked (it's giant and green).

We just got back from a week at Royal Pacific and loved it. One option we had there that came as a surprise to us so maybe it isn't covered elsewhere: one day we went to the Kitchen at Hard Rock for brunch and so the night before I asked the concierge the best way to get there. I really thought she would say you could take the water taxi to City Walk and transfer or it would take X minutes to walk. I was really just fishing for how long the walk would be. Instead she said whenever you're going to another resort just go tell the valet that the concierge sent you for a complimentary town car. They just drove us over to brunch. It was a nice touch and I, at least, found it sort of surprising.

We just got back from a week at Royal Pacific and loved it. One option we had there that came as a surprise to us so maybe it isn't covered elsewhere: one day we went to the Kitchen at Hard Rock for brunch and so the night before I asked the concierge the best way to get there. I really thought she would say you could take the water taxi to City Walk and transfer or it would take X minutes to walk. I was really just fishing for how long the walk would be. Instead she said whenever you're going to another resort just go tell the valet that the concierge sent you for a complimentary town car. They just drove us over to brunch. It was a nice touch and I, at least, found it sort of surprising.

It is a nice perk of staying in the nicer hotels :thumbsup2

We always use them between resorts, have done for years......when we go for dinner to HRH or PBH and back again....complimentary except for the tip of course. We used them this past trip for lunch too when the rain came on, saved walking to the boats.

It is very convenient. All they ever ask us is name and room number and the valet guys give it to the driver so he knows it`s not a paying fare.

It`s also so much quicker than taking a boat to Citywalk and then another back to your resort.

OH MAN! Thanks for the update GreyPilgrim. I booked about a week ago for mid Jan and we were definitely swimmers. I clicked over to RPR and the note is up now, but wasn't when we booked (it's giant and green).

Did you get a good rate? Where did you book thru?

They`re also starting the renovation of the lobby around February time and that's being done in two parts...….it is going to be incredible from what I`ve heard about it :thumbsup2
Is the lobby going to be under construction end of April?

Thanks for the notice about the pool. We check in on the 7th of January. Depending on the weather, we might not have wanted to swim there.

I wonder how early 'early February' is. We arrive on the 6th.

I was concerned too, sent an email in regards to my stay in which I arrive on 2/5. They told me "the work being done is actually occurring in January, so everything will be very freshly updated just in time for your February reservation!"

I'm a bit weary though because in the past I've been burned on hotel renovation that wasn't on schedule, and also their email seems to conflict with other reports. Hoping for the best though.

Add me to the list of people booked for January and a little bummed out that the pool will be closed. Never been a pool hopper and we are only there Mon-Thurs. So debating on changing hotels or dropping that last day that we were planning on using as a resort day.

Add me to the list of people booked for January and a little bummed out that the pool will be closed. Never been a pool hopper and we are only there Mon-Thurs. So debating on changing hotels or dropping that last day that we were planning on using as a resort day.

For the hassle of changing or dropping that last day, remember that Sapphire Falls is only a 5 minute (or less) walk from RPR and their pool is gorgeous. We stayed at Sapphire Falls for one night last vacation and walked (with the 18 month old) over to RPR for dinner and then back. Easy peasy.

You may find that January is pretty cold for swimming as well. Weather is so variable in January.

Are there any details about when the renovation of the lobby will start/finish? We are planning to stay here mid-March.

I’d like to know too! We’re staying late April/May. For our first stay there I’d like to see the lobby Reno done!

I doubt it`ll all be finished by then. You should see some differences.

Keep an eye out for any updates directly from Loews about it...…..

Just got the email. We are there mid-Jan as well. I don't know if we would swim, but we would have enjoyed sitting by the pool in the sun. I'm considering moving to HRH or PBR.

We are booked in a few weeks as well. Be warned, Universal is taking a hard stand when it comes to making a change. You will pay the difference between hotels if you switch. We are now at Hard Rock, a hotel I didn't want, but a convenient pool is a big part of what we are wanting. So now, I am paying more money for a hotel that is less desirable than what we originally booked. Sure, this is a first world problem, but it is business. It is wrong to takes someone's money with the promise of a pool and then tell them that they won't be getting what they paid for less than 3 weeks out. Pool hopping is an option, but it is inconvenient. I'm not paying for a Premier hotel so I can walk or ride to an offsite pool. Customer Service was friendly, but completely uncaring and inflexible. "I'm sorry you feel that way" is a very poor response to a complaint. I was never rude or angry, but I was frustrated because there is nothing I can do except deal with it. All my options are bad which makes it hard for me to enjoy my vacation without a feeling of bitterness. No matter how much fun I am going to have, I will always have a negative view of Universal and it will affect the trip. Oh well, at least I got to pay for the upgrade with my Disney Visa :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter