ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

For Rollaway Bed Users: The rollaway beds are a little smaller than twin size and fit snugly between the window and nearest queen bed. The bed itself is surprising comfortable, with a nice foam cushion, and is the type that is rolled on its end (not folded in the middle with a metal/wire frame that leaves a kink in your back like at some places). It sits lower than the other beds, which created a nice little cubby for my ten-year-old. She slept well on this beds all weekend. It has a little headboard and no footboard. It does make getting out of the queen bed a little more difficult for the person sleeping on that side. Staff does not set this up for you; it was waiting for us on-end inside the door when returned from Volcano Bay a little after 6 PM. You'll have to relocate the extra chair and side table (we found the chair fit under the desk next to the desk chair). It comes with sheets; you'll find an extra blanket in the closet, though we ended up calling for a second blanket because they are thin. The room was small for a family of five but perfectly manageable. The charge was $39.38 per day (including $4.38 in taxes). Be sure to ask about the bed when you check in; my request and room preferences were not in the system on Friday despite emailing three months ago and a follow-up call last Tuesday.

Thank you for the very detailed review of the rollaways! We are a group of 5 who will be needing the extra bed, and we've been debating between getting the rollaway vs. buying an air mattress just for the trip. This is really helpful to have the details for making our decision.

For Rollaway Bed Users: The rollaway beds are a little smaller than twin size and fit snugly between the window and nearest queen bed. The bed itself is surprising comfortable, with a nice foam cushion, and is the type that is rolled on its end (not folded in the middle with a metal/wire frame that leaves a kink in your back like at some places). It sits lower than the other beds, which created a nice little cubby for my ten-year-old. She slept well on this beds all weekend. It has a little headboard and no footboard. It does make getting out of the queen bed a little more difficult for the person sleeping on that side. Staff does not set this up for you; it was waiting for us on-end inside the door when returned from Volcano Bay a little after 6 PM. You'll have to relocate the extra chair and side table (we found the chair fit under the desk next to the desk chair). It comes with sheets; you'll find an extra blanket in the closet, though we ended up calling for a second blanket because they are thin. The room was small for a family of five but perfectly manageable. The charge was $39.38 per day (including $4.38 in taxes). Be sure to ask about the bed when you check in; my request and room preferences were not in the system on Friday despite emailing three months ago and a follow-up call last Tuesday.
Would you say a twin air mattress would fit in that spot?

I'm not sure, it would be close. The queen beds are off the floor a bit and so there is a little clearance there for the air mattress to partially tuck under the other bed as long as it's not too thick. It would be tight. Sorry, going off memory. But I do know there is some room under the beds--I think a prior post indicated there wasn't.

Is anyone planning to spend Thanksgiving week - end there? I got an AP 2 Queen but flights are outrageous! If I can't find lower flights I'm going to cancel.:(

So looks like the new Tuq Tuq quick service and the new Orchid Court could open any time, looked like new staff were being shown around on their induction this morning, everywhere seems stocked, it looks very imminent!
Must say though I think reception and the lobby have lost a lot of the ‘Island’ feel with the new decor, though I think the new lighter sofas look very smart, it all seems very ‘ corporate’ . Time will tell .

Really want to follow this thread. really thinking about staying here 2 nights of our upcoming trip. It's a good bit more $ than shades of green at Disney but I'm really loving the perks and things I've read!

Really want to follow this thread. really thinking about staying here 2 nights of our upcoming trip. It's a good bit more $ than shades of green at Disney but I'm really loving the perks and things I've read!

It’s worth it ::yes::

We adore the hotel, the staff are amazing, from the moment you walk in, they genuinely can’t do enough for you. You wouldn’t regret staying there if you did book it.

Beautiful resort that is so close to the parks. It’s a short walk or nice boat ride away.........I honestly can’t say enough wonderful things about our home away from home.

It’s worth it ::yes::

We adore the hotel, the staff are amazing, from the moment you walk in, they genuinely can’t do enough for you. You wouldn’t regret staying there if you did book it.

Beautiful resort that is so close to the parks. It’s a short walk or nice boat ride away.........I honestly can’t say enough wonderful things about our home away from home.
Yes, the more I read, the more excited I get about it! I just have to convince my family traveling with us to go for the extra cash. He will realize it's a great deal when I show him how much express passes are.

So looks like the new Tuq Tuq quick service and the new Orchid Court could open any time, looked like new staff were being shown around on their induction this morning, everywhere seems stocked, it looks very imminent!
Must say though I think reception and the lobby have lost a lot of the ‘Island’ feel with the new decor, though I think the new lighter sofas look very smart, it all seems very ‘ corporate’ . Time will tell .

What changes have they done to the Orchid Court?

Yes, the more I read, the more excited I get about it! I just have to convince my family traveling with us to go for the extra cash. He will realize it's a great deal when I show him how much express passes are.

We recently stayed there thanks to @schumigirl !!! I just wasn't ready to go until she offered to pay for our round trip airfare and 7 night stay at Club Level. Now we're sold and will never regret taking up such a generous offer!

Wait for it.....

Just joking! :rotfl: Seriously though, that Express Pass is worth it's weight in gold!

According to the annual passholder page, Tuk Tuk Market opened today at 3pm and Orchid Lounge will be open tomorrow at 5pm. There was 22 photos so I only picked some to post. But other photos showed single serve cereals and chips, candy (skittles, reeses, etc), plenty of options of refrigerated drinks (beer, wine, powerade, milk, etc), coffee and hot water.

Attachments

• 9CE3BA03-9656-4704-9682-BD2A5B7C2997.jpeg
    9CE3BA03-9656-4704-9682-BD2A5B7C2997.jpeg
    35.9 KB · Views: 84
  • DC1CD66C-2149-4E00-AD5C-9DEE470F56BF.jpeg
    DC1CD66C-2149-4E00-AD5C-9DEE470F56BF.jpeg
    93.2 KB · Views: 84
  • DF09285E-5B1E-447F-8C45-27CA34D0E379.jpeg
    DF09285E-5B1E-447F-8C45-27CA34D0E379.jpeg
    112.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 52F22F6C-D7CC-456A-91FB-FD2FC41C9646.jpeg
    52F22F6C-D7CC-456A-91FB-FD2FC41C9646.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 14DAF85D-8325-41D0-BE0A-65DC3EE76889.jpeg
    14DAF85D-8325-41D0-BE0A-65DC3EE76889.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 85
  • D014B003-3794-4FCC-BE71-0D7FA3C49D82.jpeg
    D014B003-3794-4FCC-BE71-0D7FA3C49D82.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 19F2B857-5F29-49A3-BA77-8D8249306BC3.jpeg
    19F2B857-5F29-49A3-BA77-8D8249306BC3.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 86
  • CE2CBDBF-A86A-4D71-9642-BF82D87DEEE8.jpeg
    CE2CBDBF-A86A-4D71-9642-BF82D87DEEE8.jpeg
    92.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 10ECA342-1C37-4797-AD07-4047FFB4C639.jpeg
    10ECA342-1C37-4797-AD07-4047FFB4C639.jpeg
    64.8 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
According to the annual passholder page, Tuk Tuk Market opened today at 3pm and Orchid Lounge will be open tomorrow at 5pm. There was 22 photos so I only picked some to post. But other photos showed single serve cereals and chips, candy (skittles, reeses, etc), plenty of options of refrigerated drinks (beer, wine, powerade, milk, etc), coffee and hot water.
Looks like a full little quick service with hot food and GELATO and yummy looking desserts! I'm glad it's open for next week! Thanks for posting.

What changes have they done to the Orchid Court?
There is a big square bar in the centre of the room and it is surrounded by lots of cream sofas/ seating arrangements. There is a huge tv screen on the wall above where the old bar used to be, it seems to have multiple screens with different sports channels on.
I’m not very good at posting photos but I’m sure some will turn up tomorrow!

Do you have a link? I can't find it on the passholder's page.

WOW they put in gelato, my wife and kids will love this!!!

So they do have Starbucks coffee at Tuq Tuq!
We just had lunch there, I had a hot chicken sandwich DH had hot roast beef. We both had half of each.p, I preferred the chicken DH preferred the beef but that’s pretty much us in real life! The cakes all look divine but we refrained today but that won’t be the case for much longer( we are here another 11 days! They also have wine and beer in the coolers. The same manageress is there( she is so nice!) and a couple of the other staff from when it was just a morning grab and go but there are lots of new faces and lots of chefs milling about! Hours are 6am to 11 pm so I can see us hitting it a lot after the parks on a night as Citywalk has been crazy busy since we got here on Monday, don’t fancy waiting for ages for a table, we tend to have our ‘ main’ meal at lunch time anyways.

Two questions:

Are you required to actually perform a check out? With condos we just leave without doing anything. What happens if you don’t physically check out with the front desk or via the TV?

Secondly, is a roll away required for a 5th guest in a double queen or can we bring our own blowup bed at no cost?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!