ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

Moved to RPR from Disney today! Now we’ll be kicking it in a king suite again from 6/20-6/27.

Fabulous news!!!

Hope the trip is everything you’d want it to be.......you have to pop back and let us know what it’s like then too.......:thumbsup2

Well it's official. :sad1: I just cancelled our RP room, SW air, and airport transfers with Tony Hinds for June 18-25. We're just not comfortable with air travel and a theme park trip during the pandemic, plus with masks in the heat, and closed and limited experiences, it doesn't sound like the magical trip we had planned. Many of our previous Disney vacations ended up with one of the kids getting sick during the trip - especially when they were younger and always putting their fingers in their mouths. Just don't want to chance it at this time.

We've never been to Universal before and hope we'll still be able to take a magical trip there either in the summer of 2021 or 2022.

Last edited:
Well it's official. :sad1: I just cancelled our RP room, SW air, and airport transfers with Tony Hind for June 18-25. We're just not comfortable with air travel and a theme park trip during the pandemic, plus with masks in the heat, and closed and limited experiences it doesn't sound like the magical trip we had planned. Many of our previous Disney vacations ended up with one of the kids getting sick during the trip - especially when they were younger and always putting their fingers in their mouths. Just don't want to chance it at this time.

We've never been to Universal before and hope we'll still be able to take a magical trip there either in the summer of 2021 or 2022.

Really sorry to read this Cherie......

You have to feel comfortable taking a trip, and sounds like you have given it a lot of thought.

Your trip to Universal will be all the sweeter when you do make it there......

Does anyone know if Club Level will be offered upon re-open? Contemplating upgrading but not sure if this service will still be offered.

They are still selling Club Rooms starting on June 2nd. So I'd guess they will have "something" open with the lounge, but not sure what/how all the normal services will work.

Several different websites and FB pages are posting info that if you have a RP reservation you are guaranteed in a park . Also the EP is still being honored.
is this correct?

Attachments

• 70E51221-4865-4FE5-B1D9-63ACE947357F.png
    70E51221-4865-4FE5-B1D9-63ACE947357F.png
    189.7 KB · Views: 11
Thank you to everyone who is so helpful on this thread!!!
So my plan is to call Universal and have my tickets removed from my vacation package I booked for the week of Thanksgiving (9days)
We are canceling our Disney trip and have booked an AP rate room from 7/31-8/8 at Royal Pacific.
It appears I can purchase tickets/AP via the Universal Studios App . Do the tickets stay linked in your wallet if I purchase like that?
Does your reservations show anywhere in that App?
Does anyone foresee any issues with how I am approaching this?
Update.... looks like only tickets not AP can be purchased on the app.
Can I enter the AP number I receive into the app for the ticket to show in my wallet or do I not get a number until it is active?
Sorry completely new to Universal.

Last edited:
It looks like we will be making our first universal trip and staying at the RP in September. Originally we planned a five day Disney trip sept 8-12 because our daughters’ schools were doing construction and would not reopen until sept 15. Now with all the cut backs at Disney and changes it’s just not worth it.
is a club level room worth it? I know we don’t know what the club level lounge will look like but in the past has it been worth it if you just want a quick easy breakfast and maybe a snack or drink at the end of the night? I’m not talking a full on meal.

So my plan is to call Universal and have my tickets removed from my vacation package I booked for the week of Thanksgiving (9days)
We are canceling our Disney trip and have booked an AP rate room from 7/31-8/8 at Royal Pacific.
It appears I can purchase tickets/AP via the Universal Studios App . Do the tickets stay linked in your wallet if I purchase like that?
Can I enter the AP number I receive into the app for the ticket to show in my wallet or do I not get a number until it is active?

It‘s always a pleasure to help where we can......going somewhere for the first time can be rather daunting.......

I hope someone will come along and answer your question, I can’t help with that as we never use the App......:drinking:

It looks like we will be making our first universal trip and staying at the RP in September. Originally we planned a five day Disney trip sept 8-12 because our daughters’ schools were doing construction and would not reopen until sept 15. Now with all the cut backs at Disney and changes it’s just not worth it.
is a club level room worth it? I know we don’t know what the club level lounge will look like but in the past has it been worth it if you just want a quick easy breakfast and maybe a snack or drink at the end of the night? I’m not talking a full on meal.

For us, we love the Club Lounge.

We always enjoy breakfast, and around 4.30 we usually enjoy a glass or three of wine. We don‘t use the lounge for dinner as we prefer to eat around Orlando and 4.30-6.30 is quite early for us to eat dinner. But a lot of people do make evening meal of the appetisers.

From what you’ve described how you would utilise the lounge, it would work out for you.

8-9pm is dessert hour and you have a little selection of desserts and assorted cookies.

Alcohol is only served during evening relaxation at 4.30-6.30pm.

But, you’re correct, they haven’t publicly announced how the Club Lounges will operate once they open up. But should be soon they’ll make that announcement. There is a lot of speculation but until they announce it, no one really knows for sure.

So when you purchase your AP the system will want you to sign in to your account to complete your purchase, when you do that then it will automatically link in your wallet on the app, all of our AP’s show in there and our HHN tickets I had recently purchased also, as far as a hotel res on the app I don’t ever recall seeing that set up on it yet, now on the online version you used to be able to sign in and it would retrieve reservations.

Royal Pacific has a great lounge, recently redone as well, @schumigirl has updated photos in the beginning of this thread I’m pretty sure.

I’m sure there maybe some temporary changes but I’m sure it is still worth it.

It’s also worth noting that the lounge has some of the most excellent staff around.

Copied from the Universal hotel booking site and Loews site have the same details of changes to the Club lounge experience.

The biggest change seems it will only be snacks along with beer and wine during evening relaxation. As buffets aren't allowed looks like the regular food offerings won`t be available.

No dessert hour mentioned either. Only breakfast.

Hope to see more details as the weeks go on.

Enjoy additional perks and privileges when you upgrade to a 335-square-foot Club Level room or select Club Level suites. You'll get access to personalized concierge service and the private Royal Club Lounge serving continental breakfast, afternoon beer, wine and snacks. Additional amenities include automatic turndown service, daily newspaper delivery, cotton bathrobes and more.

https://www.universalorlando.com/we...ws-royal-pacific-resort/club-level-rooms.html

I forget.. is tax added to the over night, self parking when staying as a guest?

EDIT: I answered my own question by looking at Page 1 of this incredible thread! thanks @schumigirl!!

Overnight Guest Parking

Self parking: $28 plus tax per night, per vehicle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!