ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

How kewl to be in schumi trip pictures!

She takes a lot of them and probably has peeps in them that don't realize it

Now all will shuffle to her trip reports and check if you are in them...... lol

schumigirl,

Ok... so really weird thing here..... decided to come on here and refresh my memory and get excited about our upcoming august trip and as I am scrolling through the resort photos on the first page, I see the ones that you posted of the pools. I SWEAR the one with two people floating on pool noodles are my husband and son!!! Can you verify when that photo was taken? We've only been to Royal Pacific once last August but my husband said he even remembers that afternoon because there was a storm rolling through and the pool emptied out quickly and he and my son were psyched to get double pool noodles....

Oh that picture was taken early evening in September and either 2014 or 2015.

I remember we went down fairly early as we planned a pool night and watch the Dive in movie............

Arrived back in Ireland yesterday after a 10 day stay at the RPR and it was as wonderful as our previous trips. This time there were 5 of us (3 adults, 13 yo and 6 yo) and despite staying in a standard room, we never felt cramped or like we were staying in a shoe box. Even with the rollaway bed in the room, we had plenty of room although being the only male of the 5, I was under orders to be in/out of the bathroom as quick as possible at getting ready times...!!!

When we were checking in, the girl on the reception called the manager over to welcome us personally which we never had before. The manager did mention the fact that we were having a relatively long stay so that might be the reason she made an effort to come over and it might also be the reason why we weren't charged for the rollaway bed. So that was an extra $250 (plus tax) in my pocket on the way home.

We didn't get to eat in Islands restaurant this time but thoroughly enjoyed the meals at the Bula Bar (you've got to love those nachos..!!) and at Jakes. As always, breakfast at Orchids was so handy and between the five of us, we never spent more than $35 so good value for money too I think.

They had a few drills with dummys in the pool to keep the lifeguards on their toes. It's good to see the lifeguards getting live training, kind of reassures you when you've got kids using the pool.

Staying on site rpr in a king suite next April. It will be me, my wife and my 15 yr old son. My two sisters along with their spouses and teenage sons are staying in club level queen rooms.
We prefer the extra room of the king suite over the queen club room.
Here's the catch, this trip is the last as an extended family trip that the boys will be together. They will have pretty much free reign to come and go back and forth from the parks/resort. As they will be doing everything together and my son is not In a club room:
1. Can I pay for club access for him?
2. Does it cost anything if one of my sisters added him to their reservation so he could have club access.
3. I would still keep him on my res. so I could have a room key for him.

Any insight Is appreciated

Your sister can add him to her reservation as long as there are only 5 on her reservation

Only two adults or (two 18 and up) are considered adults
If more "adults" are on the reservation there is an automatic $25 charge per night for each extra adult
(Cheaper to do that than to pay $100? Per night for his upgrade)

With him on both reservations, he would get room keys for each room

Not exactly way the system is set up but not a violation

Club room keys are programmed to go to the 7th floor

Pm me if you have additional questions on this

Okay all,

Quick question. We have a 2 nights, 3 day trip scheduled 6/21-23. We plan to hag out at the pool & citywalk on arrival day, the go hard using Early Entry and EP on the 22 &23. We often stay CL and that is what I booked, but for almost $150/night more is it "worth it" on this short stay? 5 of us going, I was looking forwrd to the adult drinks, but it seems like I would still pay for those? And the dinner time apps seem sparse.

Also, if I book through a 3rd party, am I still eligible for EE and EP? TIA

Okay all,

Quick question. We have a 2 nights, 3 day trip scheduled 6/21-23. We plan to hag out at the pool & citywalk on arrival day, the go hard using Early Entry and EP on the 22 &23. We often stay CL and that is what I booked, but for almost $150/night more is it "worth it" on this short stay? 5 of us going, I was looking forwrd to the adult drinks, but it seems like I would still pay for those? And the dinner time apps seem sparse.

Also, if I book through a 3rd party, am I still eligible for EE and EP? TIA

You will still get EE and Unlimited EP with whoever you book with.......

As for is it worth it, well, we have CL and always enjoy it. We like the breakfast and an evening glass of wine......we don't use it for dinner though as it's far too early for us to eat, but many people do.

We like to go and have a coffee in there if we're doing laundry for example, but we are there for 18 nights. For 2 nights no, I don't think you would get value for money if that's what you're looking for. For a couple of days I would think you would prefer to be making the most of the parks and what they have to offer rather than coming back to the hotel just to eat.

I wouldn't call the offerings sparse, the hot option is usually a very filling meal and plenty of crudités, dips, cheeses and so on.........

You will still get EE and Unlimited EP with whoever you book with.......

As for is it worth it, well, we have CL and always enjoy it. We like the breakfast and an evening glass of wine......we don't use it for dinner though as it's far too early for us to eat, but many people do.

We like to go and have a coffee in there if we're doing laundry for example, but we are there for 18 nights. For 2 nights no, I don't think you would get value for money if that's what you're looking for. For a couple of days I would think you would prefer to be making the most of the parks and what they have to offer rather than coming back to the hotel just to eat.

I wouldn't call the offerings sparse, the hot option is usually a very filling meal and plenty of crudités, dips, cheeses and so on.........
Schumigirl,

That is how I was thinking. I love CL for long trips, but for just a few day...probably overkill. Just got a great deal on Orbitz saving $275. Seems like a better option, especially as the first night we wanted to check out City Walk for food offerings. So excited to be there in 27 days!!!

Schumigirl,

That is how I was thinking. I love CL for long trips, but for just a few day...probably overkill. Just got a great deal on Orbitz saving $275. Seems like a better option, especially as the first night we wanted to check out City Walk for food offerings. So excited to be there in 27 days!!!

That sounds like a plan!!!

Have you checked out the menus on damo's thread? Just in case you haven't here it is........menus from everywhere in a Citywalk, parks and hotels.........

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...do-including-menus-updated-regularly.2681315/

Hope you have a fabulous trip.......it's so close now!

I haven't, thanks for the tip. Im so excited!!! i feel like I'm not planning enough compared to WDW

We love the non planning.......but I guess if you're used to Disney it will feel strange. But honestly, it needs little to no planning at all........

Our planning involves checking out menus of all over Orlando :D.........that's about it!

It'll be here in no time.........

Anyone get random turndown service at RPR?

It is automatic for platinum you first members
I never have to ask for it as my bookings mark me as plat

I'm sure some can ask for it and maybe some get it free if the stay is for the honeymoon

Really don't have a set answer for you except for the loews you first members

Do the king suites have queen rooms that connect? Or is it just he standard kings and queens that connect?

Good question
I knew the connection rooms well until they renovated rooms last year

I always stay in a king suite water view and that one dies connect to a 2 queen standard

Last stayed in that king suite February this year and still connected to 2 Q

We are arriving late in the evening and my husband will be there when we check in. He is only sleeping there the first night as he leaves early the next morning for his flight. When I reserved my room, I did get the room with two queen beds, for myself and 2 daughters. Please tell me they don't "switch rooms" like some hotel chains will. We seem to always reserve two queens and then when we get to our rooms we have a king with a rollaway.

Not sure if I am reading it correctly

If you booked the room in your name, husband will be the only one in the room day one and you and kids will take over the room in day two after spouse leaves

No room changes

Booking the 2 queen standard room is what you will get

Standard rooms allow 5 peeps

When we always used to reserve two queen room.......that's what we got. Never had an issue with being given a room with one king bed and a rollaway.

Don't think it's something you need to worry about.........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!