ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

Question on Kids Meals: Sorry if this has already been answered, but I couldn't find it by searching.

We are planning our first on-site trip this April, we are super pumped! We have a 10 and 12 year old. I know they are considered adults for park admission, but what about for kids meals? I am curious if the same age policy is the same for the Parks, City Walk, and Hotel kids meals. I couldn't find ages listed on the menus. Thanks so much!

I was wondering the same thing. My daughter will be 10 next year when we go and would prefer the kids meals.

Anyone can order the kids meals in the hotels too.......not a problem at all.......:thumbsup2

Hi!
I know the answer is in this forum somewhere, I am just having a hard time finding in my searches. My 10 year old son and I arrive on Jan. 24th for our first trip to Universal. Can you help with 2 questions?
1. Is there a room location that I should be requesting or building? Having never been, I am unsure of the resort layout.
2. I purchased a Universal package - when I check in, will we get our park tickets at check in or do I need to go over to the park and will call?

Thank you for your help!

Hi!
I know the answer is in this forum somewhere, I am just having a hard time finding in my searches. My 10 year old son and I arrive on Jan. 24th for our first trip to Universal. Can you help with 2 questions?
1. Is there a room location that I should be requesting or building? Having never been, I am unsure of the resort layout.
2. I purchased a Universal package - when I check in, will we get our park tickets at check in or do I need to go over to the park and will call?

Thank you for your help!

1. Preferences seem to be split on DIS between Tower 3 and Tower 1. It would help to know what is important to you in a room location?

2. The front desk will go through everything with you and you get your actual tickets at end of the lobby. There is a sign, you can't miss it.

1. Preferences seem to be split on DIS between Tower 3 and Tower 1. It would help to know what is important to you in a room location?

2. The front desk will go through everything with you and you get your actual tickets at end of the lobby. There is a sign, you can't miss it.

Thank you! I don't think we care about a view, I think just close to the park walkway? Having never been, I am unsure of the size of the resort.

Thank you! I don't think we care about a view, I think just close to the park walkway? Having never been, I am unsure of the size of the resort.

Tower one is the closest to walkway. You can exit from the walkway side of the building and its about a 7 min walk from there to IOA.

Tower 3 is the closest to the boat launch. But we are talking 1-2 mins difference in walking time.

In Dec. 2015 we were in a room on the 7th floor of tower 2 at the farthest end. Most of the RPR regulars would consider this the most undesirable room location. We didn't mind at all. The resort is so compact this room location only meant an extra 2-3 mins of travel time. So the worst case scenario really isn't that bad.

Thank you! I was also wondering if it is allowed to bring in any snacks or bottled water/drinks into the pool area? Thanks!

It really depends.........no glass bottles for example are allowed.......but plastic bottled water I’d imagine is fine of course........

I have taken a plastic cup to pool area from Club Lounge and no one said anything, but if you plan to bring in a whole load of stuff they may object as they sell food and drink there.

We have seen a family asked to remove their cooler bag full of stuff.........it may have had bottles or alcohol not really sure as we were opposite them.

The Bula Bar has fabulous food and cocktails and portions are huge, so very shareable.........

Are we able to make a room request if we booked through 3rd party credit card company?

K-cups in room - Are these included with room or is there a charge for using, like a minibar would have a fee?

Are we able to make a room request if we booked through 3rd party credit card company?

K-cups in room - Are these included with room or is there a charge for using, like a minibar would have a fee?

You can put in requests with your 3rd party booking.

The K-Cups put in the room by housekeeping are free, any extras you require are charged for.

I just want to say thanks to Schumigirl for all your great info you have provided to all my questions.... in the wee hours of the the morning! I do have one more question.

We plan on checking-in about 8am. I understand that Bell Service will hold our luggage until a room is ready. Do they have the capability to also store a few food items that need refrigeration? I am just trying to decide if I can do a grocery stop on the way to the hotel in the morning or if I need to wait until after we get a room. Thanks!!

I just want to say thanks to Schumigirl for all your great info you have provided to all my questions.... in the wee hours of the the morning! I do have one more question.

We plan on checking-in about 8am. I understand that Bell Service will hold our luggage until a room is ready. Do they have the capability to also store a few food items that need refrigeration? I am just trying to decide if I can do a grocery stop on the way to the hotel in the morning or if I need to wait until after we get a room. Thanks!!

During our Dec. 2015 stay we had a Garden Grocer order delivered and they store our refrigerated items until we arrived. Garden Grocer doesn't deliver there anymore, but I assume they still have a fridge to store people's items.

We stayed at RPR for the first time the Jan 2-5 2018 and all I can say is WOW! I was hesitant about booking there as last time we stayed on site we stayed at HRH and wasn't overly impressed - the service wasn't great, I didn't like our room location but the easy access to the parks and the EP justified it. This time I decided we would stay at RPR and the sticker shock that came with it since it was the holidays made me doubt my decision but decided to go for it. After reading so many good things here I even upgraded us to a Club Room just to make mornings easier and a place to eat something in the evenings. From the moment we arrived we were impressed and the service just got better and better. The front desk staff were great, the lounge staff we great and the Chef at Jakes went above and beyond for my birthday! The pool was closed the whole time we were there at it was cold but they opened a games room for the kids instead and offered them free snacks and they could play ping pong, checkers, etc. You know that feeling after a vacation where you think about what you could do better next time? We couldn't think of anything. This was perfect. I won't hesitate to stay there again!

Hubby and I are planning on going back for HHN in the fall. We were already planning that before this trip and were planning to stay off site as we did a few years ago as we weren't planning on going during the day. Now we have seasonal passes and may go during the day before HHN. I am hoping we can get good rates in the Fall and stay at RPR during HHN - any tips? When to book and when the AP rates will be available?

We stayed at RPR for the first time the Jan 2-5 2018 and all I can say is WOW! I was hesitant about booking there as last time we stayed on site we stayed at HRH and wasn't overly impressed - the service wasn't great, I didn't like our room location but the easy access to the parks and the EP justified it. This time I decided we would stay at RPR and the sticker shock that came with it since it was the holidays made me doubt my decision but decided to go for it. After reading so many good things here I even upgraded us to a Club Room just to make mornings easier and a place to eat something in the evenings. From the moment we arrived we were impressed and the service just got better and better. The front desk staff were great, the lounge staff we great and the Chef at Jakes went above and beyond for my birthday! The pool was closed the whole time we were there at it was cold but they opened a games room for the kids instead and offered them free snacks and they could play ping pong, checkers, etc. You know that feeling after a vacation where you think about what you could do better next time? We couldn't think of anything. This was perfect. I won't hesitate to stay there again!

Hubby and I are planning on going back for HHN in the fall. We were already planning that before this trip and were planning to stay off site as we did a few years ago as we weren't planning on going during the day. Now we have seasonal passes and may go during the day before HHN. I am hoping we can get good rates in the Fall and stay at RPR during HHN - any tips? When to book and when the AP rates will be available?

How lovely to read what a fabulous trip you had to RP! Sounds like a perfect vacation.......

As for staying during HHN.....book as soon as you can......it does fill up during the event........check rates regularly and if theres an AP rate have your reservation adjusted.

At times there is a 2 night minimum stay at weekends during horror nights.......

We just got back from a long weekend at RPR. We requested upon check-in a room on the first floor of tower one. Had room 1140. We could walk out our room door, turn left, and hit the exit at the stairwell after passing about five room doors. From there, you just stepped right onto the pathway to Citiwalk. I counted a five minute walk to the security checkpoint and we are not fast walkers at all (the same five minute walk would get us to the boat ramp at the hotel).

So best room location IMO for what you want is first floor, tower one, rooms around 1140-1150

We just got back from a long weekend at RPR. We requested upon check-in a room on the first floor of tower one. Had room 1140. We could walk out our room door, turn left, and hit the exit at the stairwell after passing about five room doors. From there, you just stepped right onto the pathway to Citiwalk. I counted a five minute walk to the security checkpoint and we are not fast walkers at all (the same five minute walk would get us to the boat ramp at the hotel).

So best room location IMO for what you want is first floor, tower one, rooms around 1140-1150

That sounds perfect! I am going to do that. Thank you very much for your input!

I have updated the info in the 1st post to reflect the changes to hotel EP implemented last year.

Your room key is back to being your EP. No more picture EP on a separate card.

Sorry if this is a silly question but does RPR and Sapphire Falls have down duvet aka regular hotel blankets?

I remember Cabana Bay only had thin sheets and had a had time sleeping.

Hi all, going to be doing my first Universal trip early May so I'll be reading up on things here. We booked water view rooms so I'm hoping we get a good location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!