ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

We never ask for a room, just turn up and go wherever they put us but this time we're doing the Club Room for the first time. Is there any recommendation people would make if we were to request a room location?

Our room is always on the 6th floor as we prefer that, most seem to prefer the 7th floor when Club.

Some rooms will face the highway, but if you’d like a pool view put that in your reservation.

Thanks for the photos. I'm looking forward to our club level stay, just wish they would upgrade their beer selections :drinking1. I'll probably be sticking to wine and getting my beer from Jakes and Finnegans.

Did they remove the pancake making machine in the morning? My son will be disappointed if so as he's not a big bread/cereal kid. That is the ONLY thing I wish RPR had - a cafeteria type option- eggs/sausage in morning as we love everything else and the cafeteria at Cabana Bay is too far away. But we'll make do. But that pancake maker was great for our son.

I have no idea what’s in the Club Lounge, but FWIW there was a pancake machine in the Grab-And-Go breakfast setup off the lobby when we were there last week. (I think there might have been eggs, too? There were one or two hot breakfast things available but I don’t remember what exactly, we didn’t get them.)

What kind of toiletries do they have in the rooms? I looked at room pics and couldn’t tell. Do you like them? I’d like to pack as little as possible in suitcase! Is there body lotion too?

Is there a toaster out for guests to use? I saw post about Orchards having a microwave.

Also, I’m not sure one daughter is coming or not yet, so I booked room including her, for 3 adults (incurring sizeable) extra adult fee.
Is it better to book for 2 adults, and if other daughter can come, is it possible to add her on at check in? I have room only booked. The thing I’m afraid of is if she can’t come and in a few months have to change res from 3 to 2, would they cancel room and rebook at what the rate is at that time? Possibly higher rate? Just because of change in occupancy?

Thanks!

Last edited:

What kind of toiletries do they have in the rooms? I looked at room pics and couldn’t tell. Do you like them? I’d like to pack as little as possible in suitcase! Is there body lotion too?

Is there a toaster out for guests to use? I saw post about Orchards having a microwave.

Also, I’m not sure one daughter is coming or not yet, so I booked room including her, for 3 adults (incurring sizeable) extra adult fee.
Is it better to book for 2 adults, and if other daughter can come, is it possible to add her on at check in? I have room only booked. The thing I’m afraid of is if she can’t come and in a few months have to change res from 3 to 2, would they cancel room and rebook at what the rate is at that time? Possibly higher rate? Just because of change in occupancy?

Thanks!

Yes, you can add your daughter at check in if you’re not sure she’s coming or not.

It’s been a long time since I was in Orchids in the morning, but I think they have a toaster........

They have shampoo, conditioner, body wash and body lotion in the rooms. They are quite nice. I use the body wash but buy my own shampoo and conditioner. But I will use the ones supplied on occasion.

Never use the body lotion as I have my own. But, products are fine to use.

Yes, you can add your daughter at check in if you’re not sure she’s coming or not.

It’s been a long time since I was in Orchids in the morning, but I think they have a toaster........

They have shampoo, conditioner, body wash and body lotion in the rooms. They are quite nice. I use the body wash but buy my own shampoo and conditioner. But I will use the ones supplied on occasion.

Never use the body lotion as I have my own. But, products are fine to use.
Thanks! I loved the Portofino products. I prefer not to have to pack bottles of shampoo, conditioner & lotion if I don’t have to, to cut down on luggage weight! I’m usually teetering on the edge as is!

I just phoned to add my Lowe’s First # and asked about the extra person. She said changing occupancy doesn’t affect booking. I also added my room request of T3, high floor.

So much great info on this thread. I’ve read the page 1 resort info. And pics are awesome. Thanks for answering all my questions, plowing thru 95 pages is a challenge!

Thanks! I loved the Portofino products. I prefer not to have to pack bottles of shampoo, conditioner & lotion if I don’t have to, to cut down on luggage weight! I’m usually teetering on the edge as is!

I just phoned to add my Lowe’s First # and asked about the extra person. She said changing occupancy doesn’t affect booking. I also added my room request of T3, high floor.

So much great info on this thread. I’ve read the page 1 resort info. And pics are awesome. Thanks for answering all my questions, plowing thru 95 pages is a challenge!

Lol.......I hear you on the luggage weight!!! We were just on the limit going out this trip!!!

You are welcome........we are always glad to help......and yes, there’s a lot of pages to read through........:D

There is a toaster in the Orchids Breakfast place. It's on elf those conveyor type ones (that normally takes 2 runs to brown a bagel....!!!!)

There is a toaster in the Orchids Breakfast place. It's on elf those conveyor type ones (that normally takes 2 runs to brown a bagel....!!!!)
Thanks. I usually throw in a couple of bags of bagels in my luggage for breakfast in room. Or instant oatmeal.

Sign now on front desks for guest information.

i-S54LbcM-XL.jpg

Sign now on front desks for guest information.

i-S54LbcM-XL.jpg
Ugh. First WDW, now Universal. I hope housekeeping is considered the security check and no further intrusion is needed. However, when I’m in the room I always have the safety latch on.
We just returned from WDW in Sept, the only one coming in room was housekeeping. We weren’t bothered while we were in room

Security checks are not an issue for me

I support Loews decision

I’m a solo traveler and if I needed help and unable to call anyone, security checks would be valuable for me

Most hotels have them but don’t advertise they do

Loews is good to let all their guests know to expect them

Housekeeping is done daily here and I have never had an issue with them in my room to do their job when I am
out of the room.

I’m totally all for this.....unfortunate in many ways, mainly for the reasons why they must do this, but I support this.

Absolutely........

I am fine with someone checking rooms every day.

The room next to us had their still dreaming sign up for the whole time they stayed, around 5 nights. No housekeeping. So I would assume the room was checked at some point.

I agree, I understand the reasons for this and have no objections.

Absolutely........

I am fine with someone checking rooms every day.

The room next to us had their still dreaming sign up for the whole time they stayed, around 5 nights. No housekeeping. So I would assume the room was checked at some point.

I agree, I understand the reasons for this and have no objections.
What are their reasons? Is it because of Vegas? Cause if that’s the reason, the security checks don’t do anything, unless they’re going to look in all your drawers, suitcases, bags etc to see if you have hidden weapons.
I like having housekeeping, so I’m fine with them coming in while I’m out!

It’s a changing world we live in

People want to be safe when they travel and vacation

Hotels and resort areas want our business and will make sure it is a safe stay all their guests

Hotel security will spread to all the major hotel companies and destination sites

I saw this sign when we checked in last week. I wondered how new it was. Evidently very new. Interesting part is how many from the WDW side said they were staying at Universal because they didn't do these checks. Guess they'll have a surprise in store on their next trip.

I think it's one of those things that is going to be more and more common. Never bothered me either way. I've never felt at risk or felt intruded on, with or without the checks.

I saw this sign when we checked in last week. I wondered how new it was. Evidently very new. Interesting part is how many from the WDW side said they were staying at Universal because they didn't do these checks. Guess they'll have a surprise in store on their next trip.

I think it's one of those things that is going to be more and more common. Never bothered me either way. I've never felt at risk or felt intruded on, with or without the checks.
Yes, it was a surprise to see this posted for Universal resorts. I was very worried about my last stay at WL in Sept. but turned out fine. I did have daily housekeeping, and nobody was pounding on my door demanding to enter at odd times or during my afternoon break.
As I’ve said before these security checks don’t make me feel safe, IMO it’s just theatre. Security won’t know if you’re hiding weapons unless they are going thru your dresser draws or suitcases. But I was happy it wasn’t an intrusive experience for me as others seem to have had.

well, it absolutely bothers me. Last time I was there they couldn't even knock on the door if I had the do not disturb sign out and now it's changed to this? My immediate response is unprintable. I don't have daily housekeeping and I don't like people in my room. It does NOTHING to enhance security.

I had 'security' try to walk in on me at Disney when I was not fully clothed and in bed. I will have to warn my kids to keep the latches on their doors at all times. It's a real bummer to think someone will be trying to walk in on us anytime, makes me feel less safe.

I wish I hadn’t read this thread late at night, now I’m too upset to sleep.

Last edited:

Yep, they appeared during our stay in September, can’t remember exactly which day but we arrived Sept 13th, so sometime after that.

I do remember reading some of the comments about folks not staying at Disney and going to Universal, we knew this was coming at some point to Loews hotels.

Genuinely doesn’t bother me either. We always put the latch over whenever we are in the room anyway, so no one can immediately walk in on us. Not that it has ever happened to us.

Like it or not it’s here to stay I imagine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!