ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

Is it ticketed only for the holiday? Or is it that type of event all year long. We like the dessert parties at Disney, so we’d be interested in this as well!

There are 4 Harbor Nights planned for the coming year:

Harbor Nights: Romantico
Friday, February 14, 2020
6:30 PM

Harbor Nights: Primavera
Friday, April 17, 2020
Check back at a later date for tickets.

Harbor Nights: La Dolce Vita
Friday, October 16, 2020

Holiday Harbor Nights
Friday, November 27, 2020

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/things-to-do/events/harbor-nights-wine-tasting-jazz
Portofino Bay Hotel also has free nightly event called Musica della Notte.

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/things-to-do/shows/musica-della-notte

Question about needing a larger lanyard. I always carried a mini backpack at Disney. For our Universal trip I will be utilizing a fanny pack and lanyard.
We are at Royal Pacific, will everything be on one card? Our tickets , EP and Room key?
we booked a vacation package via Universal.
Or is everything issued separately?

Thankfully, Loews and Universal don’t have Magic Bands which for me is a good thing.

We all have lanyards which are clear. We have our room key and AP in them. They both scan through the clear plastic so it’s ridiculously easy to scan it as you enter the park, and your room key is your EP so it gets scanned as you enter every EP line. Saves rumbling about in pockets or bags to get them out every time. We all like lanyards and suits us.

Your park ticket will have the same thing as the AP.....a barcode that will scan, so it’s very easy. They are all very thin so I never understood folks who complained about having to carry “all” these cards.......not an issue.

Fanny pack is ideal except for Hulk and RRR where everything goes in a locker except for your lanyard. On those rides, we make sure our lanyard is tucked into our shirts/tops so it doesn’t fly off.

We keep fanny packs on in all other rides as ours have a three prong fastener. If they don’t have that, they need to go in a locker. And as long as they don’t interfere with the harness on rides they’re fine.

There are 4 Harbor Nights planned for the coming year:

Harbor Nights: Romantico
Friday, February 14, 2020
6:30 PM

Harbor Nights: Primavera
Friday, April 17, 2020

Harbor Nights: La Dolce Vita
Friday, October 16, 2020

Holiday Harbor Nights
Friday, November 27, 2020

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/things-to-do/events/harbor-nights-wine-tasting-jazz
Portofino Bay Hotel also has free nightly event called Musica della Notte.

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/things-to-do/shows/musica-della-notte
Ahhhhh... gotcha.

So you guys don't carry any bottles of water? We have been using a string backpack for 15 years at Disney.

Last edited:

So you guys don't carry any bottles of water? We have been using a string backpack for 15 years at Disney.

We'll sometimes have a small drawstring backpack like the following (perhaps the same that you are talking about):

dsbp-1-081209130245.jpg

And we'll have a couple of water bottles, some sunscreen to re-apply or whatever other small items we might bring in.

These fit just fine into the small free lockers outside of each attraction. While some grumble about using these lockers at every ride, we've never found it to be an issue. One person goes and throws it into the locker and it takes a couple of minutes before getting into line.

Fanny pack is ideal except for Hulk and RRR where everything goes in a locker except for your lanyard. On those rides, we make sure our lanyard is tucked into our shirts/tops so it doesn’t fly off.

We keep fanny packs on in all other rides as ours have a three prong fastener. If they don’t have that, they need to go in a locker. And as long as they don’t interfere with the harness on rides they’re fine.
Do they check to see if there is a 3-prong fastener on fanny packs?

Do they check to see if there is a 3-prong fastener on fanny packs?

They don’t physically stop and check every person, but they can usually tell by looking at them which have and which don’t. We have seen them stop and send some folks to the lockers as they didn’t have the correct fasteners.

Many years back, Tom had one that didn’t have a three prong fastener......didn’t know it was a thing.......he was stopped and had to go put it in a locker.

That's good to know that you can have fanny packs on everything except those two rides you listed. My wife is kind of anti fannypack, but I don't really care.

Are there any particular lanyards on Amazon or through Universal that people recommend? The one's through Universal seem a little pricey for what they are, so Amazon alternatives are welcome if they work as well.

Your park ticket will have the same thing as the AP.....a barcode that will scan, so it’s very easy. They are all very thin so I never understood folks who complained about having to carry “all” these cards.......not an issue.

That's good to know that you can have fanny packs on everything except those two rides you listed. My wife is kind of anti fannypack, but I don't really care.

Are there any particular lanyards on Amazon or through Universal that people recommend? The one's through Universal seem a little pricey for what they are, so Amazon alternatives are welcome if they work as well.

We purchased our lanyards from Universal and like them. I got one that has Duff Beer on it while my wife’s lanyard has Royal Pacific. We have a few more with different themes that we acquired over the years. Having access to all of the Universal themes (Harry Potter, Jurassic Park, The Simpson’s, HHN, the hotel names, etc) is probably the biggest reason to buy directly from Universal.

In my opinion, the most important aspect of the lanyard is the sleeve. It needs to be transparent on both sides so that cards (hotel room key for EP, theme park ticket/annual pass) can be scanned from either side. Also, the sleeve needs to be sealable so that cards don’t accidentally fall out. The Universal lanyards have a strong seal on their sleeves.

I’ve also owned a lanyard that had a wallet attached to it, but it was only used for an European trip years ago.

I just wanted to say I love this thread. My partner and I stayed here back in 2018 on our last trip to Florida and we're staying here again this May, bang on 100 days to go until check in! This thread has kept me going and up to date with the changes, I'm looking forward to the Tuk Tuk being there as we'd sometimes get back to the hotel and just want something snack like and we'd end up spending heaps of money in the little shop.
I do have a question regarding the refillable souvenir mug, it says for the length of stay it's $18.99 does the length of stay matter as in, is there a difference between someone staying 5 days and someone staying for two weeks (that's us)? There probably isn't and it's probably a silly question but I just wanted to check as again it might be useful to have just for using when we get back to the hotel for the evening. Also what drinks are available for it? Is it things like Coke and Sprite?

I just wanted to say I love this thread. My partner and I stayed here back in 2018 on our last trip to Florida and we're staying here again this May, bang on 100 days to go until check in! This thread has kept me going and up to date with the changes, I'm looking forward to the Tuk Tuk being there as we'd sometimes get back to the hotel and just want something snack like and we'd end up spending heaps of money in the little shop.
I do have a question regarding the refillable souvenir mug, it says for the length of stay it's $18.99 does the length of stay matter as in, is there a difference between someone staying 5 days and someone staying for two weeks (that's us)? There probably isn't and it's probably a silly question but I just wanted to check as again it might be useful to have just for using when we get back to the hotel for the evening. Also what drinks are available for it? Is it things like Coke and Sprite?

Welcome back......

Think we`re at 96 days till we go back!!! Always love when it goes under 100 sleeps!!!

I have no idea about the length of stay as we never buy refillable anything, but this is the machine in Tuk Tuk. Sorry it`s not as clear as it could be.

i-BpjzJ54-X2.jpg

We have bought al of ours from Universal. Whether it be HHN or Margaritaville ones and they all last forever! Tom still uses his Reflections of Fear lanyard form 2008.

The plastic sleeve is key as Patster said......we have had the same one for years that we bought separately. It`s starting to not fasten as well as it used to so we`ll need to get new ones soon as having them clear is so much better for having EP or AP scanned easily.

Welcome back......

Think we`re at 96 days till we go back!!! Always love when it goes under 100 sleeps!!!

I have no idea about the length of stay as we never buy refillable anything, but this is the machine in Tuk Tuk. Sorry it`s not as clear as it could be.

i-BpjzJ54-X2.jpg

Yep the 3 figures down to 2 just has a good feeling to it.

Thanks for the photo. Okay it's a freestyle machine, my partner will love that. We're getting a few of these in Aberdeen now but they are still a rarity so we always like using them. Again it's the small things in life.

We didn't purchase one of the refillable cups during our trip a couple of weeks ago, but we have purchased the "length of stay" refillable cups at CBBR before. And it was refillable for the whole 8 night stay we were there. I see no reason why the RPR version would be any different. So if you have an 8, 9, 10 or even longer stay, it should be good for the whole length of that stay.

We didn't purchase one of the refillable cups during our trip a couple of weeks ago, but we have purchased the "length of stay" refillable cups at CBBR before. And it was refillable for the whole 8 night stay we were there. I see no reason why the RPR version would be any different. So if you have an 8, 9, 10 or even longer stay, it should be good for the whole length of that stay.
Do you pay to activate it every day or is it just the one price?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter