GrimGrinningGhost
Trip Specifics:
September
3-day trip
Park Hopping everyday
Pop Century, standard
Flying into MCO

The Priorities are in this order:
1. Saving Steps (my stoopid feet have plantar fasciitis)
2. Saving time between parks.
3. Saving money

I want to use Express Transportation buuuut.....It will most likely rain, which means Express transportation will be down in the afternoon when I want to use it to hop according to all the reports I've read.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/n...-page-1-post-1.3563694/page-116#post-57806094

It's not rain, its lightning. Just like everything outdoors stops when there is lightning within a certain distance from the parks, this does as well. The typical short storms daily in Florida don't go all day and do not always involve lightning in any one area. So this isn't something that happens every day.

Download one of the really good weather apps. I think there's one called dark skies that's good for FL?

As long as you're ending each park in the area of the pickup spots it would save you steps.

Cars and Uber will be more steps than the normal buses for the most part.

Agree with Bumbershoot, except I would say that thunderstorms do occur every day -- although they may not affect the area where you are. Typically, storms last 30-60 minutes, but when they are over, they are over. Lightning is the real problem. Nobody has ever melted from rain at WDW, but lightning will fuse the change in your pocket into a blob.

I'm a big fan of (and driver for) Uber/Lyft, but in your situation I would use the Express Buses. It will be a LOT fewer steps, and that is more important to you than time or money.

My wife also has planar faciitis in one foot, and we just returned from SFO/Yosemite. So I understand. That is one painful, slow-healing, easily-aggravated injury. Take it easy, and remember RICE: Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!