RoyalUp - worth it?

ascardino

DIS Veteran
Hi.... we are a party of six booked in adjoining ocean view balcony staterooms on the Anthem. First time on RCC, we cruise annually on Disney.

Got an email on “bidding” to upgrade one of our staterooms to a “spacious” OV balcony, Jr suite, or Grand suite.

Has anyone done this and would you recommend doing so? At what price is your bid likely to be accepted??

RCC is a whole new thing for us - so many things to think about what to add or “upgrade” .....

Hi.... we are a party of six booked in adjoining ocean view balcony staterooms on the Anthem. First time on RCC, we cruise annually on Disney.

Got an email on “bidding” to upgrade one of our staterooms to a “spacious” OV balcony, Jr suite, or Grand suite.

Has anyone done this and would you recommend doing so? At what price is your bid likely to be accepted??

RCC is a whole new thing for us - so many things to think about what to add or “upgrade” .....

DW and I had verandah on Oasis. Week before cruise she got a call about upgrade to Jr. Suite. She took it and it was a bit nicer than regular and had the Coastal Kitchen perk that we used. Booked while on board for a Grand Suite, nicer + more perks, but eventually upped to Crown Loft that was much-MUCH nicer.

Guess only you can say if its worth it...and what it's worth (as you pick your bid). Keep in mind that if you go from interior/ocean/balcony to a JS or more, that you do not get double points. Also, the rooms are like a guarantee in a way as you don't pick your room location (unless someone who has won can let me know if you can change). So you have to be ok with what you 'win').

We had it offered on two of our cruises so far.

On Independence, we bid on a room that had no availability (and there were only a couple of these rooms) so we knew we wouldn't win. But no harm trying. We got the "i'm sorry" email the day before.

On Symphony, we wanted our boardwalk balcony so didn't put in any bids.

DW and I had verandah on Oasis. Week before cruise she got a call about upgrade to Jr. Suite. She took it and it was a bit nicer than regular and had the Coastal Kitchen perk that we used. Booked while on board for a Grand Suite, nicer + more perks, but eventually upped to Crown Loft that was much-MUCH nicer.

This doesn't sound like Royal Up. Royal Up is an email where you bid an amount of your choice on room types. Your sounds like a straight upgrade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter