RPR Avis Car Rental

Mabel67

Mouseketeer
Hi, all!
We are thinking of renting a car for one day from the RPR Avis desk. My question is about after-hours return. We would like to rent it as soon as the desk opens on Saturday morning, but may not return it before the desk closes. Is there an after-hours drop off access or would we be forced into paying resort parking for one night?

TIA!
:)

@Mabel67 -We rented a car for the day at HRH. Upon return, we pulled up to the valet area and left the car with them. The valet said they would take care of submitting the information of our return to the Avis employee. I made sure to get a receipt that had the time we returned it. Worked out great!!

Thank you both for your replies! Did you have to set it up with rental desk beforehand or did the valets just know what to do?

Just one thing to be aware of, we had previously hired cars at RPR when it was run by Hertz and the agent always came out with us when we picked up and car and went through the check for scratches/dents etc. with us. However the Avis guy didn't and just gave us the keys so I just took a picture of a couple of things I didn't want to get pulled up on when we returned the car.

As it turned out there were no issues but for peace of mind, it's always nice to mark scratches on the sheet with the agent with you.

Even though we had prepaid, the agent also charged my credit card again. I didn't;t notice until I got back to Ireland and it took a few calls/emails to get reimbursed so again, just check your bill before you leave.

Last edited:

Thank you everyone for the replies! I really appreciate the information. It makes planning a day-trip away from the park a lot easier when you know you don't have to be back before the rental desk closes. :yay::car:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!