Rude members in the DVC Lounge

Rude yes, but you should have just taken the empty chairs and been done with it. Always better to ask for forgiveness.

To be honest, the lounge is not my scene. Lot's of people camping out on cell phones staking couches for far too long, it was too warm in the middle of the summer, and at the end of the day the only real perk is a small cup of Soda. Have not been there this year, but the last year is started to look shabby with the stained carpets and dirty paint.

I probably will pass this year unless we ride Imagination and the kids are thirsty afterwards.

Ditto the too hot in the summer and the shabby stained carpet

Just wanted to also point out that there are many very polite and friendly guests at the lounge. Just today we found a spot with seating for 2...there are 3 of us so I was just going to stand against the wall. A couple of gentlemen spoke up to offer their extra seats for us to move over to our table.

If it was that crowded they should have allowed you to grab one chair. Some people are too self absorbed and inconsiderate. The kids were gone and sitting elsewhere. If they came back then if they really needed to sit after a strenuous video game then the parents could have stood for a few minutes.

I don't really see it as a hang out. My kids (who are very into video games) wouldn't dare think they would play games when we are at the park. We'v paid for park tickets to see the park why sit in a lounge for free soda and chips. I have gone a couple times. Once we sat for a couple minutes, grabbed a soda and were gone. The next time was with the whole family - we sat, had drinks grabbed a snack and were probably only up there for 20 minutes. It is a nice place for a break but certainly not a place to hang out for an hour.

Last edited:
Those people were rude.

We have been here a handful of times and have never had to wait for a seat. We usually spend about 20 minutes here, usually as we are finishing up Future World and transitioning to World Showcase, it gives us a chance to decide if we want to start with margaritas or a Guinness and fish and chips.

I really enjoy the lounge, after a few twirls around Epcot, I like going there to recharge my phone, cool off from the brutal mid-day heat and have a Kurig coffee. And, yes it was incredibly rude, if the parents have no manners, there's little hope for the kids. When sitting with my group, I will offer extra seats to people who appear to need them. I've never had to wait for a seat either.

It is also placed poorly, .
I really enjoyed the Chase Lounge during Food & Wine, it was across from the amphitheater where the bands perform, great location. But that's gone by the way side.

Yeah that's no way to treat people. If my kids are playing games and might want to come sit with us at some point that's really more my problem. I'd relinquish the chairs and figure out something else for my group if necessary.

As for the lounge itself, it's ok. We were just there and had some time but no one wanted to bother going up for a beverage.:confused3

They were rude. Maybe we have been lucky, but we have never run into people like that in the lounge. I do like it for a break in the middle of the day. A chance to get a drink and a snack.
I did prefer the Chase lounge, it was located in such a great space. And a great place to head to for a break during Food and Wine. Too bad they cannot find space back in World Showcase to move the lounge.

I suppose I’m in the minority here but we love the lounge! Those gummy bears on the snack cart are delicious! And I don’t mind the “shabby” carpet, it smells better, quieter, better view and less stained than the room people relax in where they give out the magnets! I’ve been known to pop in there for an hour or so to cool off in the summer and cocoa in the winter. We’re probably in there a couple times a month!

I’m really sorry that happened, they definitely need more seating up there. There are always seats being taken up needlessly (bags on chairs, phones charging on chairs, etc). Maybe the check in counter could say something, similar to the feet on the furniture.

My family enthusiastically totally loves the Member Lounge at Epcot...I can't fathom why (altho I also love it)...it seems pretty "meh" when I describe it. But we just love it, down to and including our ADHD 10-year old boy...in fact, it's the first thing he asks to do (and he asks to go there about 100 times/trip--he REALLY loves it)...I know it's "temporary," and I'll be VERY sad when it closes down...we do sometimes have to circle a bit to find sitting space together for all of us, but have never had to wait for seats...and I actually do understand the family who said "no" to giving up the chairs they had for their family members who weren't there at the moment...our kids (tweens) "rove"...they go get drinks, come back, play a game or two, come back...by me, those chairs really are occupied...having said that, we've never been asked to give up a chair that wasn't currently occupied...we've never stayed in the lounge for more than 1/2 hour or so...I suppose it might be different if we were there for a longer stretch of time.

Sure did like printing out my boarding pass there, before I figured out cell phone boarding passes; and the chance to at least partially charge up an almost-dead phone is a great perk too...so I guess I'm in a minority, at least among those posting here....

DH is addicted to the gummie bears. Does seem as though seating has been a premium last few visits. Perhaps the DVC intake as to guests should be restricted to the number of seats?

DH is addicted to the gummie bears. Does seem as though seating has been a premium last few visits. Perhaps the DVC intake as to guests should be restricted to the number of seats?
Well, I've seen many kids sitting on the floor, even when there are seats.

On Sunday the 6th, we were told it was standing room only before we went up. As I mentioned, we were lucky to find a couple who shared the empty seats near them. On another occasion, we had to wait until Members left, then we were messaged. There must be a limit of people allowed up.

On Sunday the 6th, we were told it was standing room only before we went up. As I mentioned, we were lucky to find a couple who shared the empty seats near them. On another occasion, we had to wait until Members left, then we were messaged. There must be a limit of people allowed up.
We were told that as well on the 6th and then again on the 11th, but both times after just a couple of minutes we were able to get seats for everyone.

Never told SRO. We had to wait one time to go upstairs. The (very nice) CM @ the podium apologized and said there was a capacity #. it was explained as a firecode sort of thing, which is likely far above the # of seats available.

Upon reflection, I vaguely seem to remember seeing the number be posted on a small plaque somewhere in the area, but could be wrong about that

Beaslyboo - never have seen any kids on the floor there but would surely commend the parents that suggest their kids do so in order that (especially older) adults might sit

OP, they were rude. I’m sorry that was your experience.

DD and I were in the lounge on May 5th to escape the rain for a few minutes. We were warmly greeted, but I never saw a snack cart or any charging cords for my phone. Not a big deal. It was nice to have a place to sit down and regroup for a few minutes. But then again, I could have done that in Pixar Shorts

I've stopped in quite a few times for a free cup of soda or two. Never did visit when snacks were being passed out.

OP, they were rude. I’m sorry that was your experience.

DD and I were in the lounge on May 5th to escape the rain for a few minutes. We were warmly greeted, but I never saw a snack cart or any charging cords for my phone. Not a big deal. It was nice to have a place to sit down and regroup for a few minutes. But then again, I could have done that in Pixar Shorts
I believe you sign out the charging cords at the desk.

Free Coke is always worth the bother.

If their kids weren't using the chairs they should have given them up.

I bring my own charging cord.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter