Rules for Florida Resident discount??

TinkerbellMama

DIS Veteran
I have heard that those with APs can have up to 3 rooms booked in their names...how about Florida residents? :confused3 Can they also have 3? If so, must they all be at the same resort? Do they need to pay for everything on their card and get reimbursed from others in their party (if not a gift)? Thanks!

Oops! Just realized this should probably be on the Codes and Rates subboard...feel free to move it if necessary! :guilty:

I have booked more than one room under my name but I've always been told that another member of my family has to stay in the 2nd room in order for it to qualify. Of course, they don't check, they just want this for booking purposes! In January I had 2 rooms, one for my family and one for our good friends over a the Yacht Club. They did make me show my drivers license for our room and wanted to then see my husband's for the other room.

I'm sure my opinion won't be a popular one, but I personally think they should start limiting how many rooms you can book under one AP. It really should be one room per passholder in order to leave some rooms for all passholders. There are those who buy a child's AP and then will book a room for themselves and their 2 friends who are coming and it's really a loophole. You see a lot of posts on these boards from those AP holders who would love to visit but can't get an AP rate for the time period that they want and it would sure make it easier if there was a higher inventory for those who actually purchased the AP only.

I know I just pissed off a whole bunch of people with this thought!! :rolleyes1

I've booked as many as three rooms both with FL resident and with AP codes, no problem whatsoever. We've never been asked to show that the other rooms were for family, nor was it ever even mentioned.

BuckNaked said:
I've booked as many as three rooms both with FL resident and with AP codes, no problem whatsoever. We've never been asked to show that the other rooms were for family, nor was it ever even mentioned.

Well, in our case the Florida residents are my parents, sister, brother, etc...my whole dang family still lives there except for one brother and me! :rotfl: So if necessary we could actually arrange it so at least one resident is sleeping in each room! I'm definitely not trying to cheat the system, but it would be nice to get a good rate without having to buy an AP, which doesn't make sense for the way we visit unless we can't get the FL rate with the rest of our family (who, incidentally, live so close to WDW that they don't really need to stay onsite at all). Thanks for the info!

No doubt!! If your relatives are staying too, and can you a discounted room, go for it! :sunny:

TinkerbellMama said:
Well, in our case the Florida residents are my parents, sister, brother, etc...my whole dang family still lives there except for one brother and me! :rotfl: So if necessary we could actually arrange it so at least one resident is sleeping in each room! I'm definitely not trying to cheat the system, but it would be nice to get a good rate without having to buy an AP, which doesn't make sense for the way we visit unless we can't get the FL rate with the rest of our family (who, incidentally, live so close to WDW that they don't really need to stay onsite at all). Thanks for the info!

You'll have no problems then. They did check both my ID and my husband's ID when we checked in on 1/2/05. When I made the reservations, CRO did tell me that one of us would have to stay with them, wink, wink, but that there are no "pillow police" to actually check on it. This is the same story I get when we book our 2 cabins on DCL and are actually putting our teens across the hall from us, my husband has to be on one of the reservations.

cjsmith said:
I have booked more than one room under my name but I've always been told that another member of my family has to stay in the 2nd room in order for it to qualify. Of course, they don't check, they just want this for booking purposes! In January I had 2 rooms, one for my family and one for our good friends over a the Yacht Club. They did make me show my drivers license for our room and wanted to then see my husband's for the other room.

I'm sure my opinion won't be a popular one, but I personally think they should start limiting how many rooms you can book under one AP. It really should be one room per passholder in order to leave some rooms for all passholders. There are those who buy a child's AP and then will book a room for themselves and their 2 friends who are coming and it's really a loophole. You see a lot of posts on these boards from those AP holders who would love to visit but can't get an AP rate for the time period that they want and it would sure make it easier if there was a higher inventory for those who actually purchased the AP only.

I know I just pissed off a whole bunch of people with this thought!! :rolleyes1
I totally agree with you. I personally have the best of both worlds as we are FL residents and passholders. But it irks me to think that there might be a family of 4, all have APs and they can't get a room because someone is using 1 childs AP for 3 rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter