Rumor: CSR Pool Closure September-October 2018

nkereina

Last chance to lose your keys.
A reliable CSR web site is reporting a rumor that the Dig Site pool at CSR (the main feature pool) will be closing for refurbishments starting in September for as long as a month to a month and a half. This is being discussed in the CSR thread on the Resorts forum as well, but thought I'd post it here too since its still a rumor at this point with nothing confirmed yet.

I’m following this thread with bated breath. As I said in the main CSR thread, the pool was the main reason for us booking CSR, so I will not be pleased if the rumour is true.

It would make since for them to take it down for refurb. They are after all making that resort into its own special little catergory at Disney, a bigger better pool to support the Tower makes since. Maybe they will make it a Sand Bottom Pool

It would make since for them to take it down for refurb. They are after all making that resort into its own special little catergory at Disney, a bigger better pool to support the Tower makes since. Maybe they will make it a Sand Bottom Pool

The rumor is that it will be closed for a month to a month and a half, so I suspect its just a regularly scheduled refurbishment - minor repairs, etc. Not enough time to make a larger or sand bottom pool. And the new tower being constructed there will likely have its own pool from my understanding.

You can easily put in a pool of any size in a month and half, if you already have the crews permits and materials ready. Since CSR is already a giant construction zone, wouldnt be hard to do, even if they can only work limited hours due to noise restrictions. I also agree the tower will prob have its own pool but much like DVC members have there own special pool at some resorts it doesn't mean that you cant upgrade the Main resort pool to accommodate a larger guest volume.

You can easily put in a pool of any size in a month and half, if you already have the crews permits and materials ready. Since CSR is already a giant construction zone, wouldnt be hard to do, even if they can only work limited hours due to noise restrictions. I also agree the tower will prob have its own pool but much like DVC members have there own special pool at some resorts it doesn't mean that you cant upgrade the Main resort pool to accommodate a larger guest volume.

There is no way to do a major renovation to a pool in 4-6 weeks.

When Port Orleans main pool was closed for 2 months, all they did was replace border tile and coating ... and they worked on that the whole time. The rest of the maintenance involved deck work, lighting, fencing, some slide repairs, work to the bar and bathrooms. I would imagine that the entire Dig site will get a good maintenance & refreshing with no true structural changes in that short period of time.

I respectfully disagree. Have you seen the pace at which Disney works? Besides, the pool has never been (and still isn't) apart of any of the announcements regarding the overall changes at CSR. So this means minor repairs/refurbishments. Just a refresher.

Im not saying that Disney doesnt do things slowly when it comes to pool constructions I am saying it is just possible to do it all. As with anything at Disney it comes down to money and how much do they want to spend vs time. You are more than right that its more than likely something as minor as a normal rehab, but my point is in that amount of time it is quite feasible to add a better pool and a better pool doesnt necessarily mean different themeing.

Im not saying that Disney doesnt do things slowly when it comes to pool constructions I am saying it is just possible to do it all. As with anything at Disney it comes down to money and how much do they want to spend vs time. You are more than right that its more than likely something as minor as a normal rehab, but my point is in that amount of time it is quite feasible to add a better pool and a better pool doesnt necessarily mean different themeing.

Fair enough. My personal opinion is that 4-6 weeks isn't enough time for them to de-construct the current pool and re-construct a new one. But either way, the pool is still rumored to be closed which is a drag no matter what the final product is!

Update: CSR main pool closure has been confirmed for 9/4/18 - 12/12/18. No source, but the confirmation comes from a reliable CSR webmaster/FB group Admin.

Update: CSR main pool closure has been confirmed for 9/4/18 - 12/12/18. No source, but the confirmation comes from a reliable CSR webmaster/FB group Admin.

A bit longer than originally predicted.

Someone followed up that they have spoken to Disney directly who confirmed those dates ...

One report was it involved the bathrooms as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if it included the quick serve/bar etc area as it did with POR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter