Rumor: DinoLand, USA to become Indiana Jones Land?

Man, after seeing the state of Dinosaur it makes me believe they're just letting it fall apart because they are going to replace it with Indy. Lots of the dinosaurs weren't working, the vehicle sound was too quiet (on multiple vehicles) to hear over the rest of the ride, and the lighting seemed off too.

Man, after seeing the state of Dinosaur it makes me believe they're just letting it fall apart because they are going to replace it with Indy. Lots of the dinosaurs weren't working, the vehicle sound was too quiet (on multiple vehicles) to hear over the rest of the ride, and the lighting seemed off too.

Sad to hear considering it had a super long refurb just 15-16 months ago.

Sad to hear considering it had a super long refurb just 15-16 months ago.

They did put a good amount of work into the refurb, but it looks like that was it. They refurbed the one time and kinda said heck with it because it won’t really be there much longer. I agree, it’s pretty sad.

Last edited:
Having just gone on Indy at DLR and Dinosaur at AK within a month---I'd be happy to see Indy replace Dinosaur. Especially since the ride is separated enough from the rest of Dinoland to make the change without much disturbance.

Am I in the minority thinking that Indiana Jones isn't really all that relevant to kids these days? I'd be surprised if they created an entire land for it. I will say I LOVE dinosaur but the Indy ride in CA is great as well. I would be sad to see it go but at least it would be replaced with something good.

Like Star Wars, Disney are about to relaunch and milk Indiana Jones for everything they’ve got so it will be an important iP for them going forward

Am I in the minority thinking that Indiana Jones isn't really all that relevant to kids these days? I'd be surprised if they created an entire land for it. I will say I LOVE dinosaur but the Indy ride in CA is great as well. I would be sad to see it go but at least it would be replaced with something good.
They will be making another movie.

Like Star Wars, Disney are about to relaunch and milk Indiana Jones for everything they’ve got so it will be an important iP for them going forward

only difference is Harrison Ford wants to make another Indy movie ... they had to beg and plead with him to reprise Han Solo

I think I'd like this a lot.

Animal Kingdom always gives me that Raiders of The Lost Ark/Tomb Raider vibe anyways, that's part of why I love it there so much!

Although I have to admit I'd miss Primeval Whirl, it's one of our favorites, seriously. :)

Indy in Florida is a great idea. "You throw me the idol - I throw you the whip."

I think the Indy attraction was a much better fit in Hollywood Studios than it will be in Animal Kingdom :confused3

I think the Indy attraction was a much better fit in Hollywood Studios than it will be in Animal Kingdom :confused3

With this rumor, I feel like Animal Kingdom might be slowly becoming another Hollywood Studios, with huge lands dedicated to movies that don't particularly fit the theme of the park. I know Avatar has a respect-nature message, but it still just doesn't feel like the right fit for Animal Kingdom, and Indiana Jones only seems to be related because there's a jungle? The rumors of a Zootopia land in Animal Kingdom at least makes sense for the animal theme, but aesthetically it's so wildly different from everything else in that park. I just feel like we're losing Animal Kingdom, and in a few years it will be rebranded to something like "Disney's Movie Jungle" or something like that.

With this rumor, I feel like Animal Kingdom might be slowly becoming another Hollywood Studios, with huge lands dedicated to movies that don't particularly fit the theme of the park. I know Avatar has a respect-nature message, but it still just doesn't feel like the right fit for Animal Kingdom, and Indiana Jones only seems to be related because there's a jungle? The rumors of a Zootopia land in Animal Kingdom at least makes sense for the animal theme, but aesthetically it's so wildly different from everything else in that park. I just feel like we're losing Animal Kingdom, and in a few years it will be rebranded to something like "Disney's Movie Jungle" or something like that.

I think my preference would be for DinoLand to become South America - and you can have some Indy stuff there connected to a archeological dig site (as there are a lot of those in South America) and then can keep the bone yard, etc. - but you still then are built around a geographic area (like Africa and Asia) and can have animals that fit that area. Big thing would be a rain forest section that would have a lot of birds and other animals you find in the rain forest - I think this could word as being in the front of the park you are more limited with what animals you can have as won't be direct access to the animal care building.

Obviously if Indy is touched on at all you need an exhibit featuring snakes :D

But this way you get some "bump" from having Indy involved, but is more of a complement rather than the focu

Seems like dinoland has always been a bit divisive among us Disney folk, so maybe it’s time for a change. It’d take some work but i think it’s possble to keep this area focused on extinct animals keeping true to the original mission of AK and include an Indy ride being as is an Archaeologist.

Seems like dinoland has always been a bit divisive among us Disney folk, so maybe it’s time for a change. It’d take some work but i think it’s possble to keep this area focused on extinct animals keeping true to the original mission of AK and include an Indy ride being as is an Archaeologist.
Maybe they could create an incredible dark ride filled with dozens of animatronic dinosaurs that tell their story and how important they are to our modern world? Oh wait...

I think a merging of the two ideas would work best at AK. I'm not so sure current management cares all that much about anything working within a theme but if I were to design the area it would become an archeological site where Indiana Jones is digging up a dinosaur skeleton. Something would go wrong and yada yada but there is a way to do it right and a way to do it wrong. The less shoehorning the better.

Not sure how all of you are missing how IJ would fit into AK. It's blazingly obvious. There's already a dig site in Dinoland, and you all can't understand how Indy fits??? The dudes an archaeologist. What do Archaeologists do? They dig up DINOSAURS. Sure he's scared of snakes and stuff but the dudes job is to dig up old stuff, including dinosaurs. Keep the old dig site, retheme dinosaur, rip out that awful dinorama and put in an E ticket Indy coaster where you ride the mine carts from TOD. Easy. Not Sure how you all missed that.

Not sure how all of you are missing how IJ would fit into AK. It's blazingly obvious. There's already a dig site in Dinoland, and you all can't understand how Indy fits??? The dudes an archaeologist. What do Archaeologists do? They dig up DINOSAURS. Sure he's scared of snakes and stuff but the dudes job is to dig up old stuff, including dinosaurs. Keep the old dig site, retheme dinosaur, rip out that awful dinorama and put in an E ticket Indy coaster where you ride the mine carts from TOD. Easy. Not Sure how you all missed that.
Indy doesn’t need to be on AK. AK is about animals and nature and conservation. Indy is not about that.

yeah, this idea has been brought up in the thread before - and perhaps also adding to make it's location South America to fit in with the other lands being location based (then could have a rain forest area and, of course, a snake are to also tie into Indy)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!