Rumor: DinoLand, USA to become Indiana Jones Land?

Not sure how all of you are missing how IJ would fit into AK. It's blazingly obvious. There's already a dig site in Dinoland, and you all can't understand how Indy fits??? The dudes an archaeologist. What do Archaeologists do? They dig up DINOSAURS. Sure he's scared of snakes and stuff but the dudes job is to dig up old stuff, including dinosaurs. Keep the old dig site, retheme dinosaur, rip out that awful dinorama and put in an E ticket Indy coaster where you ride the mine carts from TOD. Easy. Not Sure how you all missed that.

Paleontologists dig up dinosaurs. Archaeologists dig up human history.

Not sure how all of you are missing how IJ would fit into AK. It's blazingly obvious. There's already a dig site in Dinoland, and you all can't understand how Indy fits??? The dudes an archaeologist. What do Archaeologists do? They dig up DINOSAURS. Sure he's scared of snakes and stuff but the dudes job is to dig up old stuff, including dinosaurs. Keep the old dig site, retheme dinosaur, rip out that awful dinorama and put in an E ticket Indy coaster where you ride the mine carts from TOD. Easy. Not Sure how you all missed that.

I'm not sure I should rain on your parade but an archeologist digs up and studies artifacts of past human civilizations. A paleontologist studies and digs up dinosaur and ancient animal bones. They are very different careers.

*Edit
Darn... beat to the punch by a minute!

Has there been any more substance to rumors of any type that would involve any re-imagining in dinoland?
While Indy can fit in there, and the ride exists in Disneyland already it seems less than inspired to change a unique ride to a copy of one in another park. I'm not saying they should avoid re-imagining it. Heck Indy as subject could work, just avoid a direct copy of California.
I just have a hard time believing any sort of re-work is desired, when it already functions fine, and there is room to expand with new content. I'm not saying it's the worlds best place on property, but it does function fine.

I don't think IJ fits in but I didn't thing Pandora did either. I kind of always thought they would expand to other continents and just accepted Dino Land as a kiddie area. If it is true that IJ becomes a land, AK will have lost what I thought was its vision. To me, saying Pandora fits into AK because it conservation is like putting toy story land next to the Japanese pavilion in WS and saying it fits because Japan is manufactures a lot of toys

Has there been any more substance to rumors of any type that would involve any re-imagining in dinoland?
While Indy can fit in there, and the ride exists in Disneyland already it seems less than inspired to change a unique ride to a copy of one in another park. I'm not saying they should avoid re-imagining it. Heck Indy as subject could work, just avoid a direct copy of California.
I just have a hard time believing any sort of re-work is desired, when it already functions fine, and there is room to expand with new content. I'm not saying it's the worlds best place on property, but it does function fine.
Several sources say it’s certainly an option being discussed but nothing set in stone yet.

Although this isn't Dinosaur related, I think a ride similar to Indy but instead Tarzan.
Not my favourite movie but I feel it would fit in Animal Kingdom at least.

Although this isn't Dinosaur related, I think a ride similar to Indy but instead Tarzan.
Not my favourite movie but I feel it would fit in Animal Kingdom at least.

I have to admit, I would think if IP were involved, some type of ride with Tarzan, and how he protected the Jungles and wild life of Africa would be a great tie in for AK

If I recall correctly, there was the patent for the "swinging ride" system that people were speculating would be for a Spiderman ride but I think the filing also mentioned "Tarzan swinging like motion"

With this rumor, I feel like Animal Kingdom might be slowly becoming another Hollywood Studios, with huge lands dedicated to movies that don't particularly fit the theme of the park. I know Avatar has a respect-nature message, but it still just doesn't feel like the right fit for Animal Kingdom, and Indiana Jones only seems to be related because there's a jungle? The rumors of a Zootopia land in Animal Kingdom at least makes sense for the animal theme, but aesthetically it's so wildly different from everything else in that park. I just feel like we're losing Animal Kingdom, and in a few years it will be rebranded to something like "Disney's Movie Jungle" or something like that.

Well put, and very sad if true.

They have to be careful they don't play too close to the Jurassic Park theme at Universal though. Then it just looks like they're copying again -- which they've been accused of a lot in the last decade (remember the stunt show?) :confused3

If I recall correctly, there was the patent for the "swinging ride" system that people were speculating would be for a Spiderman ride but I think the filing also mentioned "Tarzan swinging like motion"

Don't they have a Spiderman ride at Universal?

I would think that they IJ land would fit better at Hollywood Studios. But it would be the only chance of me getting my sister back into Animal Kingdom. She Loves Indiana Jones

I would think that they IJ land would fit better at Hollywood Studios. But it would be the only chance of me getting my sister back into Animal Kingdom. She Loves Indiana Jones

Glad they finished reinventing MK and aren't touching Epcot right now -- at least we have two parks to visit that aren't being deconstructed!

Glad they finished reinventing MK and aren't touching Epcot right now -- at least we have two parks to visit that aren't being deconstructed!

well, the Guardians ride and Rat ride are fully under construction, but the work is mostly backstage so doesn't impact the guest too much at EPCOT now

well, the Guardians ride and Rat ride are fully under construction, but the work is mostly backstage so doesn't impact the guest too much at EPCOT now

Where are they putting the Guardians ride? And what is the Rat ride? I know in Disneyland they made Tower of Terror into the Guardian ride.

Where are they putting the Guardians ride? And what is the Rat ride? I know in Disneyland they made Tower of Terror into the Guardian ride.

Guardians of the Galaxy took over the Universe of Energy Building - which will be the queue/pre-show building for the ride and the actual ride (which will be a rollercoaster) will be in a new 11 story building to be build behind it

Rat is short for Ratatouille and is the same ride that is in Disneyland Paris and will be in the France pavilion (behind and next to it a bit)

Also potentially will have a new attraction in the UK Pavilion to come and may be doing a Coco overlay to the ride in the Mexico Pavilion

Guardians of the Galaxy took over the Universe of Energy Building - which will be the queue/pre-show building for the ride and the actual ride (which will be a rollercoaster) will be in a new 11 story building to be build behind it

Rat is short for Ratatouille and is the same ride that is in Disneyland Paris and will be in the France pavilion (behind and next to it a bit)

Also potentially will have a new attraction in the UK Pavilion to come and may be doing a Coco overlay to the ride in the Mexico Pavilion

I wish they had the ability to just add more countries in Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts