Rumor: DinoLand, USA to become Indiana Jones Land?

not fully confirmed but very likely a new one is coming - leading rumor is Brazil

Also rumors of at least one more ride coming to another pavilion in World Showcase

Where would they put it -- on the other side of Canada I'm guessing? That would be awesome though. I know there were rumors for years they would add Africa, but then they build AK.

Where would they put it -- on the other side of Canada I'm guessing? That would be awesome though. I know there were rumors for years they would add Africa, but then they build AK.
images.jpg

Space number 1 is now the Frozen meet and greet. Number 6 is being used for ratatouille.

True, if that space becomes something maybe another miniature railroad display but not a full-fledged country
Come to think about it, if that train removal rumor is true, they have a good place to move it!!! If it weren’t for me associating model railroads with Germany, they have the biggest one in the world there if I recall

Oh, they do -- but I'm wishing they would take that ability and act on it! :thumbsup2

They undoubtedly will in the near future. There has been rumours relating to the building of Brazil in between Italy and German pavilions. It is not necessarily an easy process with the countries approval needed and various other implementations etc.

Come to think about it, if that train removal rumor is true, they have a good place to move it!!! If it weren’t for me associating model railroads with Germany, they have the biggest one in the world there if I recall

Oh, I hope if they do take it from Germany they do place it somewhere else and not just take it away -- we love that train display!

It would really bother me if they added "Africa" since that is not a country, it's a continent. It already annoys my wife that they have that small section of "Africa" and it's not a specific country. She grew up in Africa and it's one of her pet peeves.

It would really bother me if they added "Africa" since that is not a country, it's a continent. It already annoys my wife that they have that small section of "Africa" and it's not a specific country. She grew up in Africa and it's one of her pet peeves.
Which country/countries in Africa did she grow up in?

If she were to choose an African country, which would she choose?

She lived in Mali, Mozambique and South Africa. Not sure which she would choose and she isn't around to ask. :)
Interesting. I only ask because I know very little about African culture. If someone were to ask me to suggest an African country for World Showcase the first one that always comes to mind is Egypt. Having said that, I can’t imagine any one country would do justice to the many cultures that exist on the continent. I feel, to be represented properly, there would need to be multiple locations in World Showcase dedicated to the continent of Africa.

View attachment 288356

Space number 1 is now the Frozen meet and greet. Number 6 is being used for ratatouille.

Several of these plots are used up with large scale storage, small cast buildings, and small scale storage (food kiosks, etc.). 7 and 8 (I think) are mostly used up with the Millennium Village thing that is now an occasionally used pavilion for special events. In addition, with the current approach to build pavilions next to the country instead of behind it (there is a road there to deal with and a small stream to maintain drainage and swamp flow), these space will evaporate quickly if rides are added to these pavilions.

That being said, I would love to see many of these evolve into something like the old Norway with a ride and a movie about the country (they could be combined like that or two separate activities). For many of us, getting to these places isn't really possible, but getting a nice overview along with a mix of simple and big rides (to keep the kids engaged) would be great. But don't think that all of those plots are available for expansion the way things have been done for 10+ years.

Several of these plots are used up with large scale storage, small cast buildings, and small scale storage (food kiosks, etc.). 7 and 8 (I think) are mostly used up with the Millennium Village thing that is now an occasionally used pavilion for special events. In addition, with the current approach to build pavilions next to the country instead of behind it (there is a road there to deal with and a small stream to maintain drainage and swamp flow), these space will evaporate quickly if rides are added to these pavilions.

That being said, I would love to see many of these evolve into something like the old Norway with a ride and a movie about the country (they could be combined like that or two separate activities). For many of us, getting to these places isn't really possible, but getting a nice overview along with a mix of simple and big rides (to keep the kids engaged) would be great. But don't think that all of those plots are available for expansion the way things have been done for 10+ years.
Storage can be easily moved. Behind France was one of those storage area for kiosks and they are now building a ride back there.

I don't understand why they don't do more small theaters with films about the country. They could easily show the Norway film on a continuous loop in a corner of a gift shop, with space for perhaps a dozen people to sit and watch it.

Storage can be easily moved. Behind France was one of those storage area for kiosks and they are now building a ride back there.

And all of that storage was just moved behind Germany. It can be moved, but the way things are configured back there, there is a limit without a total rethinking of how to operate - at least seasonally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!