Rumor: Disney Vacation Club Raising Sold-Out Resort Prices

Are there any rumors of another increase? We will be in Disney in February and thinking of buying then...

They just did sold out resorts in October so those won’t be changed for a while,

As already noticed, RiV and AUL are slated to jump to $195 from $188 around the 29th of January when current incentives expire. What we don’t know is what the new incentives will be

If you are considering one of these resorts, you can always agree to buying right before the increase, If the new price and incentives are better, you just call and get them. If not, you’ve locked yourself in to continue with your initial purchase.

I am actually looking into the monorail resorts so I am happy to know I still have time to think about it!

Honestly, we don’t know if sold out properties will go up. They did a moderate fall price increase in 2018 followed by the large January 2019 price increase. I hate when people tell me things like this, but there really are no guarantees that they won’t increase the other resorts as well on January 29th. None of us know for sure. :(

Honestly, we don’t know if sold out properties will go up. They did a moderate fall price increase in 2018 followed by the large January 2019 price increase. I hate when people tell me things like this, but there really are no guarantees that they won’t increase the other resorts as well on January 29th. None of us know for sure. :(

Yes, no guarantees, but OP is visiting in February and DVC typically does not increase prices within such a short time. I think it is safe to assume sold out resorts aren't going to see another increase before then.

If DVC wants to really sell AUL. They need to lower the price to about $155-160. Then more people will buy. Resale points are cheap for an active resort.

Aulani could arguably be the nicest DVC resort of all, but since it's not within walking distance to a park, interest in purchasing there will be limited. For those looking for direct sleep around points, it's one of the best deals going though.

Last edited:
Aulani could arguably be the nicest DVC resort of all, but since it's not within walking distance to a park, interest in purchasing there will be limited. For those looking for direct sleep around points, it's one of the best deals going though.
How so? We thought about buying 100 direct for SSR or AKL to go with our resale SSR not because if perks but because it’s hell to find another April contract that isn’t priced crazy for resale. We could realistically buy 75 and be good for 1 bd 6 nights in October. But I’d like to have a little wiggle room

Small Aulani direct contracts probably aren't that economical, but for 175 points and up the price gets discounted quite a bit. At 7 months, you'll still be able to get into SSR or AKL so there's no real need to own at either of those unless those are the resorts you really want to stay at. Aulani dues are a bit on the high side but not unreasonable in comparison to some of the WDW resorts.

But there is no denying that you will still pay more than buying a resale contract. And to be honest, when I wrote the post I was more interested in working in the "not within walking distance to a park" nonsense so I apologize if I was misleading. Still, even though it's not the cheapest alternative, if I were looking for direct points, I would be tempted to give Aulani a look.

Received a call from DVC today, the sales rep. Was encouraging me to buy now because rates will go up on January 29th.

Received a call from DVC today, the sales rep. Was encouraging me to buy now because rates will go up on January 29th.

Was this for RIV, AUL, or one of the older resorts? We know there is an increase for RIV and AUL, but there doesn’t seem to be any info about the other resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!