Rumor? Seas and The Land closing?

While that is something to take note of I would imagine those operating that Twitter are not in major discussions with WDI.
Didn't WDWToday also reply back on Twitter that DHS wasn't changing its name anytime soon?

While that is something to take note of I would imagine those operating that Twitter are not in major discussions with WDI.

definitely - also, not like they said "this are definitely not going away" just that they are "planned to be with us into the future" - that is pretty vague, especially with a 2024-2026 timeframe

To be fair, I don't think they would say it in a tweet to a random person if they did have plans for it, and like mentioned earlier, the plans might be in such an early stage that it's practically nothing. If they did have concrete plans for something this big, I'm sure it'd be announce somewhere like D23

I wouldn’t miss the seas so much, but losing the land would be devastating for me. I love that ride and the idea of all the work in the greenhouses. If they’re doing all this to build some kind of bs marvel thing I will not be a happy camper.

Hey Disney. How about adding instead of taking away? The parks are already way too crowded. Star Wars will just make things worse. Stop with all the tear down nonsense and give us a 5th gate already. The land and seas are fine and just need some minor tic.

I really hope this rumor doesn't happen. I love those pavillions. The Land is so beautiful with that amazing tile design. I love all the pavillions but the Land is one of my favorites.

The Land has the only good places to eat in Future World. We love Garden Grill for the character breakfast or Sunshine Seasons for a quick breakfast.

I would love to see the pavilions refreshed. Losing them entirely would be like just throwing in the towel on everything Epcot was supposed to be and just turning into "just another theme park."

I'd love to see them go back to their roots of "science+imagination=wondrous things now and in future."

(i mean, while I'm at it, I'd love to see the Imagination Pavilion just go straight back to its roots. Complete with rainbow corridor.)

Edutainment isn't dead, there are plenty of people going to museums, aquariums, zoos, historical sites etc. Epcot as edutainment is dead because it's mostly about current and future technology and in today's age that moves fast making it difficult (expensive) to stay current. So it's better to shift it over to cultural learning or historical lessons.

I can see the seas pavilion. Close or change. The land. I don’t see going anywhere. Soarin and the land ride is relevant at any era. They are attractions that have major re ride numbers. Unlike mission to Mars that many folks do once and no more. The land is by far Epcot’s gem of pavilions. Living with the land is like SSE. Very original Epcot Center.

So it's better to shift it over to cultural learning or historical lessons.

Bingo!

To me, a History of Transportation-style ride would be a lot more fun than Test Track (shoot, you could still keep the "let's go really fast for three seconds!" bit at the end once you get to modern automobiles) and its whole "let's test your car on wet roads now..."

I could even see something like Horizons coming back, where instead of focusing on what the Amazing Technology of The Future will be, it's more about retrofuturism and the history of what we *thought* future technology would look like (and maybe some of "and here's what it's like today.")

I would love to see Epcot be more edutainment

The plan to be with us the future...

... in a different form.
Exactly! :rotfl: I wouldn't be surprised if, once they finish with the entrance area & the GOTG stuff they're doing by Mission Space, that they turn their focus towards the Land and the Seas. I don't want them to go away, but I would really love an improvement/expansion/reinvention. I love Living With The Land! I'd be surprised if they bulldozed the greenhouses but didn't replace them, since they do use some of the stuff grown there in the parks. The Seas are just okay to me, since I live in Atlanta and we have an amazing aquarium here. But I still think they could dramatically change it. Think about the coral reef die-offs happening; Disney could do like GAQ and other organizations are doing and start a massive coral "garden" to help rebuild reefs.

Bingo!

To me, a History of Transportation-style ride would be a lot more fun than Test Track (shoot, you could still keep the "let's go really fast for three seconds!" bit at the end once you get to modern automobiles) and its whole "let's test your car on wet roads now..."

So basically World of Motion, which was a walk on most it's life span.

Yeah, basically that, but revamped and also not a walk.

But...yes. That's my point. I'd really like to see Epcot go back to its roots. I think it's something really special that's getting sort of mellowed out into IP stuff, and that's a shame.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter