Rumor? Seas and The Land closing?

Living with the Land is not an omnimover, it's a boat ride, but it does have a high throughput of people. The Land is great, and it's getting a new movie for the Harvest Theater space.

Living withe Land is one of our "must do" attractions - one of the few we make sure to do multiple times a trip. It could use some updates, for sure, but it is a great ride, something a bit different, something the entire family can do - and they use the greenhouse for food for the restaurants, etc.

I do wish they brought back the "Listen to the Land" song though

Does Journey Into Imagination still have that catchy tune? Imaaaagination, imaaaagination... :-)

Sort of, but they rewrote the lyrics and they are...not good?

"You mind sees more
Than what your eyes see."

is a line that just haunts me for how awkward and clunky it is.

It doesn't help that Eric Idle is incapable of not sounding sarcastic, so a lot of the whimsy is just...not present.

I would love for them to redo it and to bring back the Dreamfinder. And the concept of imagination being a product of observing your surroundings, letting experiences percolate, and then coming up with new ideas.

Jumping in late on a conversation a few pages back - we LOVE Coco and would love to see a Coco ride but absolutely do not want to lose Three Caballeros. The FEA ride is fine, but inferior to Malestrom in our view (and we like "Frozen"). Is it a space issue or a cost issue or both when the choice is made to replace one ride with another rather than simply build the new ride? I hope they build a Coco ride near/next to Three Caballeros but I think TC will just get shut down instead.

Jumping in late on a conversation a few pages back - we LOVE Coco and would love to see a Coco ride but absolutely do not want to lose Three Caballeros. The FEA ride is fine, but inferior to Malestrom in our view (and we like "Frozen"). Is it a space issue or a cost issue or both when the choice is made to replace one ride with another rather than simply build the new ride? I hope they build a Coco ride near/next to Three Caballeros but I think TC will just get shut down instead.
9/10 times it's a cost thing. Easier to repurpose an existing system than to start from scratch

I agree with basically every word of this. Love Frozen, but Malestrom was the better ride. Adore Coco, but would be crushed to see the Three Caballeros leave the pavilion. When we went in January, my buddy and I Disney Bounded as Jose and Panchito and the folks at the ride recognized us right away and started asking us where Donald was. Well, we're going to find him!

My distant hope is that they build the Brazil pavilion and eventually put a Three Caballeros attraction there (because look, I'll be honest, the 3C are some of my favorite Disney characters, but I do feel like the boat ride itself is just sort of...ok?), and change the Mexico attraction to Coco.

I was against the Maelstrom to Frozen conversion, but I actually like Frozen better. They did a really great job with it!

I feel like portions of Maelstrom were better, primarily the troll section, but agree that overall Frozen is better but it still feels like a weak attraction to what could have been if it wasn't an overlay.
Would love to see Coco go into Mexico. I like the TC as well but the ride overall is pretty meh. Was made better with their inclusion but most of it is jsut floating past pictures the first half and the second half feels like a crappy IASW knockoff. Coco would really liven up the area. And as stated above if they built Brazil they could put the Three Caballeros there.

I feel like portions of Maelstrom were better, primarily the troll section, but agree that overall Frozen is better but it still feels like a weak attraction to what could have been if it wasn't an overlay.
Would love to see Coco go into Mexico. I like the TC as well but the ride overall is pretty meh. Was made better with their inclusion but most of it is jsut floating past pictures the first half and the second half feels like a crappy IASW knockoff. Coco would really liven up the area. And as stated above if they built Brazil they could put the Three Caballeros there.

I think the worry is that they wouldn't put a Three Caballeros attraction in the Brazil Pavilion. Then we'd just lose it.

I still miss the song from El Rio Del Tiempo. I wouldn't really miss the Three Caballeros if we got Coco instead.

Three Caballeros is terrible. It’s vhs quality in a digital world. My family rode last year for first time in about a decade and we all thought it was the worst attraction in all of wdw. I still can’t think of anything worse still standing.

Gut it and replace with a Coco themed dia de los muertos ride. Overlay if you must but do it well por favor.

It’s vhs quality in a digital world. Gut it and replace with a Coco themed dia de los muertos ride. Overlay if you must but do it well por favor.

The attraction does feel extremely dated.

Dia de los muertos is timeless so it wouldn't really age. I can see the same technology used for the characters for FEA in terms of the faces and use projection mapping for the "flower" bridge, etc. Now whether this could/would offend or devalue the actual festival, I'm not sure. Maybe this is why Disney hasn't gone full-bore on this?

Three Caballeros is terrible. It’s vhs quality in a digital world. My family rode last year for first time in about a decade and we all thought it was the worst attraction in all of wdw. I still can’t think of anything worse still standing.

Gut it and replace with a Coco themed dia de los muertos ride. Overlay if you must but do it well por favor.
To each their own but I enjoy it. My favorite part is the animatronics. They have a fun history.

To each their own but I enjoy it. My favorite part is the animatronics. They have a fun history.

I always felt it needed a little something extra, but the addition of the animatronics at the end really make this a great ride. I would hate to see it go.

I think "vhs quality in a digital world" is a fair assessment. I love that Jose and Panchito have such an actual presence in the parks--their own ride! But I wish the ride were...better.

If they do Coco, I hope they don't go the Frozen route and make it just about the IP. Probably easier with Coco, since it was so firmly tied into Mexican culture. I hate to say it, but it would probably make for a better ride--both visually (Coco is one of the most gorgeous movies I've ever seen) and in terms of actually informing tourists about Mexico as a place, as opposed to the "slide show" aspect of the current ride.

But it would also really require a lot of doing--you won't want to half-do something like that.

I nearly fell out when my son told me this "rumor" be it true or not. The Land needs the kitchen cabaret returned, but it should not be torn down. The Living Seas has so much potential. Wonders of Life has been closed for 12 years. Imagination has been dying since they decided to change the original. Ellen and Entergy is dying. Revive the dead and dying before destroying the still fun!

I nearly fell out when my son told me this "rumor" be it true or not. The Land needs the kitchen cabaret returned, but it should not be torn down. The Living Seas has so much potential. Wonders of Life has been closed for 12 years. Imagination has been dying since they decided to change the original. Ellen and Entergy is dying. Revive the dead and dying before destroying the still fun!

Well, Energy is becomming Guardians of the Galaxy and Wonders of Life will become the new "Play Pavilion" so those are already underway. They are also refurbishing The Oddessy into a new preview center and adding the Space Restaurant. Future World East will be in great shape. I don't think any of these rumors about FW West will come about until that is all done.

Thanks Brian! Disney has fallen completly off of my radar. Life changes. In the 80s and 90s we went every other year...then kids grew up, they were busy and we started cruising some cool places like Hawaii, Alaska, US Virgin Islands and Caribbean. Now life is swinging back, grandkids and WDW comes back into play. But it will never be every other year again...Disney has all but priced us out! Sad really. I refuse to believe this is what Walt had in mind.

They need the Land building for soaring. I don’t see it’s costing them that much money to run The Land ride. So can not see them closing it. The food court does tremendously amounts of food. Good air condition place to get a bite to eat

I don’t see it’s costing them that much money to run The Land ride. So can not see them closing it.

I've said the same thing about character meet and greets and cost and yet they've still shut them down. Nothing is ever fully safe I'd say.

Went through the Land today with the family. Soarin is great. Living is below par of the dark ride Hershey Park has about making chocolate. My mother who has never been there said the whole pavilion looks like an 80s mall that should have been demo'd 15 years ago.

The seas should probably be completely redone since they can't demo in fully. What a waste. The place is trash tier.

Anyone that enjoys anything but soarin on that side of the park is engulfed in a nostalgia high.

Can't wait to see the full refurbishing in the entrance. The whole place looks dark and dirty and like an abandoned mall that hasn't seen functionality in 20 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!