[rumor] The Next Disney Theme (Thrill) Park

I'm not in that demographic but I'd LOVE an all thrill ride Disney park!:banana: The description of Disney's Night Kingdom does zilch for me!:sad2: but I'd certainly give it a try.

jon

ITA! I'm in the 40-something demographic and DH is in his 60's...we'd both jump at an all thrill ride park at Disney...then again, maybe we're just weird because we refuse to grow up! :rotfl2:

Isn't Stan Lee the creator of Spiderman???? I mean you can't just call the spiderman ride something different that ride would have to be completly overhauled.... Wait isn't he the mastermind behind marvel???? that whole area is marvel themed????

I don't see how universal would be willing to let possibly there most popular two rides go down the drain like that...

Also a fifth park would be great... and villians and night sound like good themes..... HOWEVER... the current description for the "Night Kingdom" with the night vision goggles and hippos and stuff sounds pretty awful... I really hope they don't go in that direction...

I looked for a rumor board....I'm new here. But i didn't see it.

Keep on scrolling down on the list of boards. It's there. Don't worry though. I'm sure a mod will move this thread there eventually.

Personally I would be very dissapointed to see a thrill park based on non-original Disney characters...Harry Potter would have been cool, but it's not Disney. Let's bring it back to the classics and stop themeing EVERYTHING Pixar.

According to what I've read, it doesn't sound like Disney would be buying the rights to Stan Lee's existing characters and using them to theme areas of their parks. Instead, they are working with Stan Lee to develop new Disney characters. The same is true as Pixar. Pixar characters are Disney characters.

RE: Hulk, Spiderman etc

This deal is for these POW characters.. NOT for his classic characters. Disney didn't buy those. or anything really they optioned first right of refusal on movie properties based on these POW characters along with options on ancillary marketing rights (naming a coaster in a themepark)

This rumor has been around and around the block for the last 10 years.

That's true.. Kinda like that park that they rumored with actual real live animals.. what was that called. ;)

That rumor (a Disney Villians-themed thrill park) is several years old-- I've heard it ever since IoA opened. I believe if it were going to happen it would have by now.

Normally this is thinking that I can get behind.. but then when Disney turns around and actually *tears down* the Treehouse Villas and rebuilds them, on the same ground with a smaller flood plain footprint...

And all that at this point presumed for guest use, your reality and expectations get shifted.

Because I have to tell you, if there was ever a case of ".. if it was going to happen" the THV were it in my book.

All that said, this thread belongs on Rumors and I'll be moving it there.

Knox

Never gonna happen - Disney will not build an "all-thrill" park...their prime demographic is families w/ kids, moms, dads, grandma...they were worried when Universal opened, the Uni peaked and waned, opened IOA, peaked and waned, now with Harry Potter it will be the same thing. (Harry Potter is not a theme park - just an "island" in IOA, it may be cool, but it's two/three rides and some shops - people will go once and most will not rush to return.)

Anyways, a theme park with all thrill rides would have a limited audience, parents with little kids won't want to go there, Grandma won't want to go there. Forget it.

I think Jim Hill's idea is more likely - a "high-end" park like Discovery Cove with limited admittance but high prices. There are tons of people going to Disney with a lot of money - explain why there are 12 deluxe hotels and only 4 each value and moderate. If it means keeping the other parks somewhat reasonable in cost, than I am all for it.

Though I personally think Disney has no interest in additional parks - the "Master Plan" was to build enough to keep people there for a week without leaving - they did it and it worked. More parks will just feed off itself unless they have so many people coming to WDW that the existing parks can't handle them all, and they are not there yet.

SkierPete

I don't think Disney would go for an all-thrill theme park either. Six Flags has done that and it hasn't got them the success Disney has. And having a theme park based on comic book characters will not go down, because traditionally, Disney has focused on their own characters for their theme parks.

I like the idea for the placement of the new theme park between the TTC and Western Way. How about knocking down the old speedway and combining the TTC/MK parking lot and the 5th gate park?

I'm still waiting for an American History Themed park.

And having a theme park based on comic book characters will not go down, because traditionally, Disney has focused on their own characters for their theme parks.

Where are people getting this? Nowhere does it say they are in talks with Stan Lee to create comic book characters?? :confused3

I wouldn't like that.

It sounds too much like the forbidden name.

S** F****

too terrible to say.

Personally, I'd love a Villains park (being a Villains fan).

However this appears to just be a new spin on a very old rumor.

From everything that's around, rumors and otherwise, I do not believe that Disney is ready to build a new park. With the economy being what it is right now, it may be some time before they would consider that type of an investment.

I heard on a podcast on another website about WDW that the Villian park is supposed to be right by Wide World of Sports. I think it would be a great idea for a new park.

wdw5copyjz6.jpg

I believe if you check the Reedy Creek 10 year land plan bla bla I forget what it's called, you'll find a goodly stretch of that land is marked as protected floodplain and/or preserved and therefore Disney has voluntarily ceded any chance at developing on that property.

Of course... my memory may be faulty.

Nope it's not.. See this document:

http://www.rcid.org/uploads/rcid-comp-plan_cons.pdf

Objective 7 - Page 6A-4

For a definition of the protected zones.. and then see this map on a later page 6A-9 showing those zones.. Light green is a Class I zone already included in an existing Wildlife Management Conservation Area

wetlands.jpg

Now Disney COULD file a use impact permit etc.. but they've kinda-sorta-maybe said they wouldn't for those areas already included.. And since it's almost 100% swamp ... (as opposed to some other areas of their land that is at least a 'hint' more solid.. it would require much more land preparation etc.

Summary: Even if true, most likely NOT in that location.

I haven't heard about the POW franchise. This is interesting stuff. I can't imagine them incorporating all of these new characters into a Disney park though.

The old, classic characters already have a home so now worries there. :)

Alright. First, it doesn't say that Disney is asking Stan Lee to create characters for them. Instead they are getting the first look at some movie characters he has already developed.

Lee has co-created a number of iconic comicbook characters that have spawned feature films including Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk and Daredevil. But "Nick Ratchet," "Blaze" and "Tigress" will feature new characters that have never appeared in Lee's comicbooks and are being created to debut on the bigscreen first rather than in print.

Second, they aren't comic book characters so Disney does not appear to be getting into the comic book business as I said earlier.

Third, there is absolutely nothing mentioned about a new theme park.

So, again, I ask, other than Disney part of some movies Stan Lee might be releasing, where is all this other stuff coming from?

Also, their neighbors at IOA already have a Marvel SuperHero island based on Stan Lee's creations...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter