Rumored Changes to G+

Just sharing the article. Obviously, this is just rumor until Disney makes an announcement.

When Will Pre-Arrival Lightning Lanes Start at Disney World?

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/advance-lightning-lane-before-trip-disney-world-predictions/?

I disagree with the part that says you announce it mid May for a Mid to late June start date.

If you are going to do it, just do it. Don't annoy and upset all the people who are planning on going for the Memorial Day Holiday and after that. If they are going to enact it, make sure it starts before then. And you definitely don't announce it and say its after the summer, disappointing everyone in the summer.

Now if this entire thread is leading to them CHARGING to be able to book it early, then I couldn't care less about these changes and it will be just another negative greedy thing Disney does.

If they are going to do something. Simply just say " Starting tomorrow, or starting one week from today, we can prebook things. If the window itself most likely would be 7 days, or even less, that is the way to go.

This isn't a new ride. Its an app service that they have been talking about since May 2023 adding. You don't need to give a months notice. Just enact it and let people book what's available.

Honestly, I just want to stop getting up so damn early every day of my vacation to book something. I'd be happy if I can make them the day before at midnight.

Hopefully we get something.. soon

Last edited:

I disagree with the part that says you announce it mid May for a Mid to late June start date.

If you are going to do it, just do it. Don't annoy and upset all the people who are planning on going for the Memorial Day Holiday and after that. If they are going to enact it, make sure it starts before then. And you definitely don't announce it and say its after the summer, disappointing everyone in the summer.

Now if this entire thread is leading to them CHARGING to be able to book it early, then I couldn't care less about these changes and it will be just another negative greedy thing Disney does.

If they are going to do something. Simply just say " Starting tomorrow, or starting one week from today, we can prebook things. If the window itself most likely would be 7 days, or even less, that is the way to go.

This isn't a new ride. Its an app service that they have been talking about since May 2023 adding. You don't need to give a months notice. Just enact it and let people book what's available.

Honestly, I just want to stop getting up so damn early every day of my vacation to book something. I'd be happy if I can make them the day before at midnight.

Hopefully we get something.. soon
It most likely have to do with the changes to DAS system. Once it's in place they will have a better idea of how much Genie+ availability they have to work with.

Seems like a bad idea to charge for early booking when they can just bake it into the inevitable price increase that’ll happen when the holidays roll in. So I think the latter is more likely, but who knows.

Since Disney has been crushing it in the PR department, I'm expecting a tiered system...Deluxe guests can pre-book at 10 days in advance, Moderates at 7 and Values at 3. Off-site stays unchanged. Really make peoples heads explode with a class system model, and fire up the Walt would be rolling over in his grave!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter