• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rumors about Pixar and Disney

airlarry!

Did you know some ferns date back to Prehistoric t
Some of us have worried about the current deal between Pixar and Disney, set to expire after five movies -- yes, I know AV that the number may be in litigation ;)

This is some fodder for the boilerroom talk, from Pixar Animation's supervising technical director Tom Porter:

"I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we renegotiated the deal with Disney. They have the power to get people like Billy Crystal to do voice-overs," he said.

See this article, courtesy of the folks at www.laughingplace.com

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/020219/101/csizn.html

That's not just good for Disney, it's good for fans of quality movies put out by the Disney company (something that has been lacking).

airlarry,

what do you mean by, "the number may be in litigation"? I don't believe that is the case. The number is set, however Eisner and Jobs disagree on the sequels issue and if they are covered by the current contract.

Some time ago (around the release of TS2?), there was some discussion about whether or not Pixar would sue Disney over the fact that Disney didn't consider TS2 as part of the 5 picture deal. The original plan was that it wouldn't be counted, since it was (again) originally planned as a DTV story. Pixar's contention (as I remember it) was that since it was a theatrical release it should count as one of the 5 theatracal releases & Disney's contention was that it was a sequal & didn't count.

I seem to remember that the matter was finally dropped, but that it created some pretty ugly feelings about the mouse over at Pixar & made people wonder if Pixar would renew with Disney when the contract ended (and enquiring minds still wonder).

Sarangel

I saw a news article on video yesterday where an analyst who covers Disney says the brouhaha going on in the media over Pixar & Disney & Disney & Pixar is blown out of proportion. The deal isn't actually up for quite some time and is really a non-issue at this point in time. Further he feels that Disney & Pixar will magically resolve their differences as Pixar actually does need Disney at least as much as Disney needs Pixar. He was quite confident that this relationship will go on.

Of course he was the same analyst who had a 'buy' on enron last month...Just kidding!!!
:cool: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :cool:

Those questions are what I was talking about. Whether or not TS3 will be considered a sequel or a new movie, if it is ever even done, might throw a little fuel on the fire.

I hope both parties work this thing out. Or that John & Co finally get rich enough to buy the Parks and Feature Animation out from under The Big E.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter