• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Run for a Cause

SweetPeasMom2

DIS Veteran
Please forgive me if this seems like a stupid question. I am looking at this for the first time. Looking at the website and the info on partnering with a cause, it appears that each cause have different requirements and stuff that is included.

If you decide to partner with a cause and you fundraise, does any of that cover your park tickets and hotel room? Do you have to register for the event separately (paying the $150 registration fee)? I know you get a guarantee entry, even if it sells out. But not sure how it all works.

Thanks.

It all differs, but I've yet to see a charity partner that also covers hotel and park entrance with fundraising requirements. Most of them just guarantee you an entry into your race of choice. Some of the larger charities (particularly the host charities or others that support all RD events) may offer "extras" for charity runners - like special shirts or even a hospitality tent pre and post-race.

But I haven't seen any that offer more than that. The money you fundraise goes directly towards the charity, and you're still required to pay your race entry fee on top of the fundraising commitment.

Different charities offer different perks. I've seen a lot that offer discounted hotels and tickets. There are some where the charity covers the bib price, and some that don't. Read the details for each charity you're interested to see what they will help with.

We just partnered with AACR for DS15 to run the 5K in January (it's his 16th birthday gift). We are obligated to raise money for them, and it we don't raise it from outside donors, we are personally required to give at least the minimum. I can't remember if our race registration is included, but certainly nothing else. They sent me a link for discounted park tickets and rooms. The rooms offered to us were at All Star Sports. We're DVC members, so we've already booked at Boardwalk.

Good luck!

Thanks. I did read more re: specific groups and see there are different perks.

As for the discounted rooms/tickets, how much of a discount is there normally?

Thanks. I did read more re: specific groups and see there are different perks.

As for the discounted rooms/tickets, how much of a discount is there normally?

I glanced at the room at All Star Sports and I think it was $84/night, but I don't know if that includes tax. I didn't pay too much attention to details because we're at BWV. I looked at a 4 day park hopper ticket, and it was about $50 less than a regular ticket, but I don't know if it included tax.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter