Run Like It's Midnight (Comments Welcome)

The next few posts are just so the historical data is complete. Someday I'll get back up to date with my training journal!

October 2016 Training

10/17/16 - 10/23/16

10/19 - 3 miles @ 11:39 (EB)
10/21 - 3 miles @ 11:39 (EB)

We got back from Disney really late Monday night and I had to take the kids to a class 1.5 hours away on Tuesday, so no runs until Wednesday. Just a couple easy runs this week to get back into it.

10/24/16 - 10/30/16

10/24 - Mon - 3 miles @ 11:39 (EB)
10/26 - Wed - 1 mile @ WU + 3 mile @ Tempo + 1 mile @ CD
10/28 - Fri - 4 miles @ 12:28 (EA)
10/29 - Sat - 6 miles @ 11:16 (long run)

Almost back to a normal week. I figured I'd go back toward the start of my half training plan while I figured out what I was doing with the rest of the year. Missed a day to laziness I'm sure.

November 2016 Training

10/31/16 - 11/6/16

11/2 - Wed - 4 miles @ 11:39 (EB)
11/4 - Fri - 1 mile @ WU + 3 mile @ Tempo + 1 mile @ CD
11/6 - Sun - Race to Fill the Pantry 2 miler

A bit of a hectic week with Halloween on Monday and my daughter's Confirmation on Friday. More excuses and only a couple of runs during the week.

The race I was going to be running Thanksgiving Day race gets 15,000 runners and in the past they have seeded to 45 minutes finish, which means I don't have to get there quite so early to not end up at the back of the pack. I qualified for the last seed group with my July 5k, but since then they announced the town is requiring them to shrink the size of the seed area for security reasons. They are now only seeding to 42 minutes and my time is too slow. So I searched around and found this 2 mile race that was my crazy attempt at getting a seed card for Thanksgiving. I hadn't done any speed work and you can see how sporadic my training was in the month since my last half.

Race morning ended up being windier than expected and I was just in my short sleeves and skirt, really cold waiting, but was okay once the race started. I finished with a time of 16:04! Super happy since I needed a 16:47 to get my seed card. I do think the course may have been short - my Garmin gave me 1.93 miles, but no complaints from me since the other race accepted the results.

11/7/16 - 11/13/16

11/8 - Tues - 4 miles @ 11:39 (EB)
11/9 - Wed - 1 mile WU + 3 x 1 mile @ 9:55 (strength) w/ RI of .5 mile @ WU + 1 mile CD
11/11 - Fri - 1 mile @ WU + 3 mile @ Tempo + 1 mile @ CD
11/12 - Sat - 6 miles @ 11:16 (long run)

Not too bad, just one run missed. Paces since last half have been pretty much spot on, just a couple of intervals that were a second or two too fast.

11/14/16 - 11/20/16

11/14 - Mon - 4 miles @ 11:39 (EB)
11/17 - Thurs - 1 mile WU + 2 x 1.5 mile @ 9:55 (strength) w/ RI of .5 mile @ WU + 1 mile CD
11/18 - Fri - 4 miles @ 12:28 (EA)

Long drive to class on Tuesday that lasts all day and sends us straight to gymnastics in the evening. I'm not good about getting up early to get the run in when my schedule is off normal.

My Dad ended up in the hospital from his nursing home this week, and on Thursday I got the call they weren't sure if he would last hours. We visited that day and I went again on Friday after getting my run in. The run gave me alone time to cry without stressing the kids out more than necessary. The doctors were surprised he had started improving because it was very tough and go on Thursday. Saturday my oldest daughter requested an extra visit, so I skipped my run so we could fit it in before a family birthday party. Dad actually continued to improve and went back to the nursing home the following Monday. What an emotional roller coaster!

11/21/16 - 11/27/16

11/23 - Wed - 3 miles @ 12:28 (EA)
11/24 - Thurs - Manchester Road Race 4.748 miler
11/26 - Sat - 3 miles @ 11:39 (EB)

Another early class on Monday and must have been lazy on Tuesday. Decided I better get something in on Wednesday before the Thanksgiving race.

Thanksgiving race went well. Chilly but not so cold as to be unbearable waiting. We had to take a shuttle in from the community college because there isn't nearly enough local parking. I was happy to be with my SIL in the last seeded corral which put us before most of the 15,000 other runners. I guess this was good practice for my first Disney race, though I didn't have to be up nearly as early since the race didn't start until 10am. I finished in 45:29 which was a PR by 38 seconds, so I was happy!

December 2016 Training

11/28/16 - 12/4/16

11/28 - Mon - 4 miles @ 11:39 (EB)
11/29 - Tues - 1 mile WU + 3 x 1 mile @ 9:55 (strength) w/ RI of .5 mile @ WU + 1 mile CD
12/3 - Sat - Tinsel Fun Run 2 Miler

Lazy Thursday then Friday morning we went to cut our Christmas tree meant 2 days of no running. I threw in a last-minute 2 mile race on Saturday. I went into it thinking I might not push as hard as my earlier 2 mile, but didn't have any clear goal set.

It was chillier than I expected. Was supposed to be feels like 40F which means short sleeves and skirt usually, but the winds gusting to 24mph made it feel worse to me. I didn't being extra to run in, so was just cold while waiting to start. It wasn't too bad after we got started.

So I didn't go all out on this race. There was a bit of a hill, I kept moving at what felt like a decent pace, but didn't really push it. I finished in 17:37. When DH asked about the race later I was "meh." The race itself was fine, but I think not having any goal left me feeling, I don't know, unfinished? unsettled? I didn't do horribly, but wasn't close to my recent 2 mile (16:04 - flat and possibly a little short). I wasn't running with someone else at their pace for fun. So just saying "I may not push as hard as I can" without some specific goal attached to it left me feeling unsatisfied. Something to keep in mind when I throw random races into the calendar at the last minute.

12/5/16 - 12/11/16

12/6 - Tues - 4 miles @ 11:39 (EB)
12/9 - Fri - 3 miles @ 11:39 (EB)
12/10 - Sat - 5 miles @ 11:16 (long run)

Monday class means missed run. I need to plan ahead for these. Lazy Wednesday? No real training plan leads to missed runs.

12/12/16 - 12/18/16

12/13 - Tues - 4 miles @ 11:39 (EB)
12/14 - Wed - 1 mile @ WU + 4 mile @ Tempo + 1 mile @ CD
12/16 - Fri - 4 miles @ 12:28 (EA)

Two missed runs. Looking at the forecast Thursday night, Friday was supposed to be feels like -1F. I realized we had been having relatively mild temperatures so far, and I was totally unprepared to run outside in those temperatures. I hit the treadmill Friday, but planned some clothing purchases. Saturday heavy snow throughout the day, so I missed that run too.

12/19/16 - 12/25/16

12/20 - Tues - 4 miles @ 11:39 (EB) GOATS!

Missed Monday and woke up Tuesday with a bit of a scratchy throat. Headed out for my run just as the school bus was dropping kids at the corner. When the children crossed the street, 3 goats followed them across just where I was about to start my run. One came up to me and nudged at my knees. Hmm. A boy and I shooed the goats back across the street to their house. I started walking away as the boy went back across the street, then began my run. I didn't make it 100 feet before I heard the boy shout, "Hey lady! They're following you!" Looked over my shoulder, sure enough, 3 goats trotting along behind me! Shooed them back to their house and the boy distracted them when I ran away.

Wednesday woke up with a horrible sore throat and cough. No running for the rest of the week.

12/16/16 - 1/1/17

12/28 - Wed - 4 miles @ 11:39 (EB)

Still sick. The cough was killing me - abs so sore from all the coughing - worse than an abs workout! Wednesday I was feeling a bit better and sick of being copped up so I went out for a short run. Just as I was heading out - GOATS! - again. I was actually a couple of houses past them when I heard them bleating - turned around and they were running to catch up! I was saved by an oil truck this time. I was trying to shoo them away and the truck stopped since they were in the road. When he realized I was trying to get rid of them he slowly started driving which scared the goats back home. Thank you Mr. Oil Man!

Definitely not top performance, but I was glad I got out there. Between still being sick, traveling at the end of the week, and predicted snow during that time I didn't do any more runs.

The year is over. In 2016 I ran a total of 774.8 miles. I was hoping to hit 800 miles, but I couldn't even manage to squeak in .2 to get up to 775 with my end-of-year sickness.

Compared to 2015 (429.8 miles) it was a huge increase in mileage, and I'm pleased with my progress for the year. I ran 5 additional half marathons in the 12 months following my first, and dropped almost 6 minutes off my time with one 10 week training program from @DopeyBadger. I'd say I'm hooked on running now.

So now it was time to be thinking about training for the Glass Slipper Challenge - my first Disney races! Well, actually, it was way past time to be thinking about it. I was intending to think about it sooner, make a plan, check in with Billy to see if he'd help me with a plan, but the holidays and sickness - me and the kids, just got it the way of that happening.

And then it was a New Year! and Disney Marathon time for Billy, and I felt guilty for not keeping up my training journal and never writing up my Hartford Half after we came back from our Disney trip. So I'll be asking for help again with my training after Princess weekend, but for Glass Slipper training I looked at the calendar, saw 8 weeks until race, and took my old training plan from Billy and picked up at 8 weeks until race day.

January 2017 Training

1/2/17 - 1/8/17

1/2 - Mon - 4 miles @ 11:39 (EB)
1/5 - Thurs - 1 mile @ WU + 3 mile @ 10:05 (tempo) + 1 mile @ CD
1/6 - Fri - 4 miles @ 12:28 (EA)
1/7 - Sat - 7 miles @ 11:16 (long run)

Okay, still have a lingering cough, but I'm mostly better so back to running!

Overall a good week - 14/18 intervals within +/-10 seconds of goal pace. Definitely felt more difficult than pre-sickness, but bearable.

1/9/17 - 1/15/17

1/9 - Mon - 4 miles @ 11:39 (EB) **BLIND
1/10 - Tues - 1 mile WU + 2 x 1.5 mile @ 9:55 (strength) w/ RI of 0.5 mile @ WU + 1 mile CD
1/12 - Thurs - 1.5 mile @ WU + 4 mile @ 10:05 (tempo) + 1.5 mile @ CD
1/13 - Fri - 4 miles @ 12:28 (EA)
1/14 - Sat - 9 miles @ 11:16 (long run)

Monday was a blind run with an 11:39 goal pace - actual splits were 11:35, 11:39, 11:31, 11:54 - not bad!

Overall hit 20/23 intervals this week. No issues with my 9 mile long run, so I'm feeling more confident that my time off didn't hurt me too much and I'll be ready for Princess.

1/16/17 - 1/22/17

1/16 - Mon - 3 miles @ 11:39 (EB)
1/18 - Wed - 1.5 mile WU + 2 x 1.5 mile @ 9:55 (strength) w/ RI of 0.5 mile @ WU + 1.5 mile CD
1/19 - Thurs - 3 miles @ 12:28 (EA)
1/20 - Fri - 1.5 mile @ WU + 4 mile @ 10:05 (tempo) + 1.5 mile @ CD **BLIND
1/21 - Sat - 6 miles @ 11:16 (long run)

We had sleet and freezing rain on Tuesday and I wasn't running in that, so I pushed my strength run to Wednesday then swapped Thursday and Friday to try to keep and easy/hard pattern.

Blind tempo run this week with a goal pace of 10:05. My splits were 9:47, 10:16 (hill), 9:37, 9:42! So why this feel easier than my strength run last week (goal 9:55) when I could see my watch?

11/18 within goal pace this week. All but one of the missed intervals were too fast.

1/23/17 - 1/29/17

1/23 - Mon - 4 miles @ 11:39 (EB)
1/25 - Wed - 1 mile WU + 2 x 2 mile @ 9:55 (strength) w/ RI of 1 mile @ WU + 1 mile CD
1/26 - Thurs - 4 miles @ 12:28 (EA)
1/27 - Fri - 1.5 mile @ WU + 5 mile @ 10:05 (tempo) + 1.5 mile @ CD
1/28 - Sat - 11 miles @ 11:16 (long run)

Another miserable Tuesday! This week was sustained winds of 45mph - nope. Rearranged schedule as last week.

Good week - 22/28 intervals within goal pace. A good 11 mile long run - Princess is getting closer! I had an inadvertent Glass Slipper practice with my swapping of runs this week, doing 8 miles Friday and 11 on Sunday.

First Half of February 2017 Training

1/30/17 - 2/5/17

1/30 - Mon - 4 miles @ 11:39 (EB)
1/31 - Tues - 1.5 mile WU + 2 x 1.5 mile @ 9:55 (strength) w/ RI of 0.5 mile @ WU + 1.5 mile CD - missed run
2/2 - Thurs - 4 miles @ 12:28 (EA)
2/3 - Fri - 1 mile @ WU + 5 mile @ 10:05 (tempo) + 1 mile @ CD
2/4 -Sat - 6 miles @ 11:16 (long run) **BLIND

Started with a runny nose on Sunday. No! No more sickness! Upped the vitamin C, ordered Airborne and Sambucol. Drinking lots of water too.

What is with Tuesdays this winter? Heavy snow and woke up to the sounds of the plow. No sidewalks or safe space to run so I missed one run this week.

Blind long run with a goal pace of 11:16 on Saturday. Actual times - 10:46, 9:56, 10:10, 9:47, 9:45, 10:17. Whoops! It felt good though.

2/6/17 - 2/12/17

2/6 - Mon - 5 miles @ 11:39 (EB)
2/8 - Wed - 1 mile WU + 2 x 1.5 mile @ 9:55 (strength) w/ RI of 0.5 mile @ WU + 1 mile CD
2/10 - Fri - 1 mile @ WU + 6 mile @ 10:05 (tempo) + 1 mile @ CD
x/x - Fri - 5 miles @ 12:28 (EA) - missed run
2/11 - Sat - 12 miles @ 11:16 (long run)

Another Tuesday with no running. No snow this time, just heavy rain. I hate rain.

Wednesday was unseasonably beautiful - 49F! I ran in a tank and skirt - so nice!

Did I mention I live in New England? Thursday we got 14" of snow. So I wasn't able to fit in 5 runs this week. I went out for my tempo run on Friday and it was tough. We haven't had a whole lot of snow this winter, so I haven't done much running on it. The streets were mostly cleared, but the sides still had some loose snow or slushy mess. I cut my 6 mile tempo to 5 miles. My legs were struggling. Splits - 10:28, 10:37, 10:24, 9:50, 10:12. You can see where I hit the clearer roads at the end. Though the first 3 were pretty slow I have no doubt that the effort was at least what I was scheduled to do.

I had a good 12 mile run on Saturday - last long run before Princess! It ended up being another Glass Slipper trial with 7 miles Friday and 12 Saturday. Now I just need to get my costumes done!

Exciting! Looks like everything has gone really well the last few weeks! If that 2/4 long run is a true Blind matched it means you've made a ton of progress. Keep up the great work!

Exciting! Looks like everything has gone really well the last few weeks! If that 2/4 long run is a true Blind matched it means you've made a ton of progress. Keep up the great work!

Thanks! I'm happy with the way training has gone. I'm guessing the 2/4 run was probably at least a bit more effort than true long run. I tried, but everything felt different with the lingering cough, so it's been hard to judge. I'm healthy now though, thank goodness!

It almost makes me wish I was running the Princess Half for a time goal. But I've decided I'll stop for characters that I really like and enjoy it, since I'm not sure when I'll get to run Disney again.

Any tips for my last week before Princess?

I layered up on clothes today to try to start acclimating to the FL temps. I wore what I normally wear for 8F and it was 38F today. I'm not sure what I'll do tomorrow though, since it's only supposed to be 16F when I'll run. I'm not sure I can put on enough layers to make up the difference! (8F is as cold as I've run so far, so it will be hard to judge)

I'd say at this point the hay is in the barn so no need for any drastic changes in the last week. As for heat Acclimation I would just try and wear as much clothes as comfortably possible with the temp at 16F. It might make the run a bit uncomfortable but as long as you stay safe then it'll pay off come race day. Just be wary of being outside too much once you stop running or if it's a tempo run limit the amount of cool down you do to about 6 minutes and then get inside to avoid hyperthermia conditions.

I'd say at this point the hay is in the barn so no need for any drastic changes in the last week. As for heat Acclimation I would just try and wear as much clothes as comfortably possible with the temp at 16F. It might make the run a bit uncomfortable but as long as you stay safe then it'll pay off come race day. Just be wary of being outside too much once you stop running or if it's a tempo run limit the amount of cool down you do to about 6 minutes and then get inside to avoid hyperthermia conditions.

Yesterday and today were both feels like 18F and I wore my usual 8F clothes plus managed to put on 2 more sweatshirts. My daughter asked why I didn't have my "safety shirt" (neon orange race shirt that I've been layering on top of everything this winter so I can be more visible) on. It wouldn't fit over everything else! I was definitely toasty, so hopefully I'll see some benefit. Tomorrow's expected run time is supposed to be feels like 40F, so I won't have to layer quite so much then, thankfully.

2/13/17 - 2/19/17

2/14 - Tues - 1 mile WU + 3 x 1 mile @ 9:55 (strength) w/ RI of 0.5 mile @ WU + 1 mile CD
2/15 - Wed - 4 miles @ 11:39 (EB) **BLIND
2/16 - Thurs - 1 mile @ WU + 6 mile @ 10:05 (tempo) + 1 mile @ CD
2/17 - Fri - 4 miles @ 12:28 (EA)
2/18 - Sat - 6 miles @ 11:39 (EB)

Wed - Blind run at goal pace of 11:39. Actual - 11:42, 12:01, 10:58, 11:33 Second mile was uphill and third downhill, so not too bad. This was the first day of my Heat Acclimation Training to prepare for the warmer temperatures in Florida. I layered up for 30 degrees colder than it actually was here (8F vs 38F).

Thurs - This was supposed to be a 6 mile tempo that I cut short to 4.5 miles. 10:02, 10:38, 10:41, 10:36, 11:56

Mile 1 was fine, mile 2 a hill so good effort. There was a strong headwind at beginning of mile 3 and lots of black ice for the rest of that mile. Most of that was on the downhill and I had to slow way down so I didn't slip. Mile 4 my legs started really dragging. As I approached 4.5 I really had nothing left to give, so I started my cool down. This was heat training #2.

Fri & Sat - Good runs 4/4 and 5/6 intervals within goal. Heat training days #3&4.

2/20/17 - 2/26/17

2/20 - Mon - 4 miles @ 12:28 (EA)
2/21 - Tues - 6 miles @ 11:39 (EB)
2/23 - Thurs - 4 miles @ 12:28 (EA)
2/25 - Sat - Disney Princess 10k
2/26 - Sun - Disney Princess Half Marathon

Taper time before the Glass Slipper Challenge!

Mon & Tues were fine - Heat training #5&6. I'll do one more run Thursday before heading to the airport to Disney.

Working on the finishing touches for my costumes. For the 10k I'll be Elsa and DH will be Olaf, and for the Half I'll be Maleficent.

I'm very excited for my first Disney races but am lamenting the fact that it's such a short trip. DH & I are going alone since we just did a long family trip in October. We'll arrive Thursday night and leave Monday morning. We have to get back for dinnertime since Monday is our oldest child's 16th birthday! (She was not overjoyed with the timing of this trip.)

Glass Slipper Challenge Trip Report - Part 1 - Pre-Trip & Travel

I can't believe it's already been two weeks since the races! Here's my second attempt at starting my trip report - I'll make sure I save it before my computer crashes this time.

This was a short race trip for me and my husband since we just did a family trip this past October. The kids were being tag-team shuttled to their activities by my sister and mother-in-law. We were arriving in Orlando Thursday evening and leaving at noon on Monday, so only 3 days for races and touring the parks.

Wednesday I was still sewing my costumes for the races. I had decided to add an accent to one of the skirts at the last minute, and was up until 2am hand sewing it. I saved the final construction - attaching skirt, shorts, and waistband together - for Thursday morning. I missed my last training run Thursday trying to finish up the sewing and packing.

Because I lost my mind long ago, we were still hosting our homeschool co-op from 11:30-2 on Thursday. The plan was to leave for the airport at 2pm when our guests left. For our 4:05 flight. At the airport 45 minutes from our house. Yeah, this was just the first example of my extremely optimistic scheduling. :o

After final hugs and goodbyes we were on the road at 2:07, a bit nervous. We were doing okay until about halfway to the airport when traffic on the highway started backing up. What?! It wad too early for rush hour! :worried: We finally got past the delay - people were rubbernecking the accident on the other side of the highway - and dropped off the car. Fortunately we got a quick shuttle to the airport, had no line to check our bag, and just a few people ahead of us to get through security. We made it to our gate and even had time to use the restroom and grab a sandwich for the flight just before they began boarding. Promises were made that we would not cut it this close again!

The rest of the trip down was uneventful. We had just a short wait to board the Magical Express before we left for Port Orleans Riverside, which was the fourth stop. We had received our room ready text before we got on the plane, so we were able to head right to our room, which was nice. We had a royal room - I loved the detailing. Too bad my girls won't get to stay in one since we're a family of 6.

741185ee-574b-4a80-96cc-fec4464e0b7a.jpg
60aa0343-4b8c-451a-b93e-f9b045b39ba4.jpg

b1a53be2-c463-40b4-a7c0-a0bdac8863b6.jpg
3e23d1f0-1550-4c76-8d68-a88c42f9543d.jpg
438cc13c-7495-4456-99f7-bb4df50dec3a.jpg
79634954-148f-442b-b703-5a58108a33d1.jpg
8b35426d-06c3-4079-b927-9e2df09ae842.jpg
ff7c2ee8-fbec-4c13-9b85-52bd01e8c970.jpg

We just dropped our bags then headed to our Boatwright's 9pm dinner reservation. I had the jambalaya and dh had the catfish. Both were good, the jambalaya wasn't amazing, but it was a decent dinner right at the resort so we could get settled and ready for the next few days.

07331a47-3c41-47a5-a51e-7b891fc8711e.jpg
542dbac9-c4fc-492e-aa4e-2561b659f7f0.jpg

Back at the room we unpacked and made our plan for Friday - the expo for packet pick-up and shopping, Epcot, and Hollywood Studios. We finally made it to bed around 12:30am with the alarm set for 6:30 - the most sleep we would get for this trip.

Last edited:
Sorry for dropping the ball here everyone! Photobucket was giving me fits not wanting to upload, and what's a trip report without photos?!

I loved the room - the little details were great!

I'm going to try to recap my recent 3 races, then get back to my Disney report.

Shamrock 5 Miler - March 18, 2017

The Tuesday before race day we were hit by a blizzard - white out conditions through most of the day and about 16 inches of snow. As of Wednesday before they were predicting another 5-8 inches of snow on race day :crazy2: with snow showers starting early and during race time, then ramping up in the afternoon. By Thursday the forecast was looking a bit better - down to an inch during the day with snow showers starting partway through the race. By race morning the snow was thankfully gone from the forecast. :-)

I ran this race in both 2015 and 2016 with most of my winter training having been on the treadmill. With a steady climb for two miles in the middle of the race I was hoping that this year's outdoor training throughout the winter would have a positive effect on my time. I was looking for a PR which would be under 47:48.

The weather ended up being great - no snow and about 29 degrees. I would have preferred a bit warmer, but was happy with no precipitation. Fortunately the race has use of the school where the race started/finished, so we didn't have to freeze waiting for the start. The parking situation was bad - usually there's parking along some nearby streets after the lot is full, but with Tuesday's blizzard that wasn't possible. DH dropped me and the girls off to pick up our bibs while he parked.
bristol01a.jpg

Getting everything ready before the race

First up was the kids' fun run. DD11 and DD6 were both participating. My younger daughter wanted someone to run along with her, but at 2 minutes to start DH still wasn't back from parking. I was trying to figure out where I was going to dump our winter coats and race goodie bag (which contained a liter of soda! among other things) so I could do it, but DH showed up just in the nick of time!

bristol07.jpg

She was really working hard at the end!

SAM_1608.jpg

Happy girls with medals

I didn't end up doing a warm-up for this race. They have a two mile race right before the five mile that uses the drive and parking area for the finish. With all the snow on the ground there really wasn't any place to warm up and not interfere with the 2 miler.

The first mile was a little congested, but then it spread out since it wasn't a big race. Not too far in I felt my right shoe loosening despite adjusting it right before the start. So annoying! I think my fingers were so cold I just didn't get it tight enough. I finally had to stop and retie it just after mile two.

The first mile was warming up - the second mile I bumped the pace a bit faster, but was remembering there was a long hill to come. Miles three and four were a steady uphill. I felt pretty good throughout them, trying to keep a steady-feeling pace without burning out before the top. Last year I really struggled on the hill and I was focused on keeping a steady pace throughout the hill (though it may have been slower than the previous miles) and not slowing down as the hill went on.

About the first 3/4 of the last mile was a significant downhill. I used that to my advantage and went with it, keeping my feet moving as quickly as possible, knowing there was just 1/4 mile flat with a little blip left after that. My split for the race - 9:46, 9:32, 9:58, 9;29, 7:52. I felt like I was flying for the last mile - mid-7 minute mile for the downhill portion and then slowed some on the flat to the finish. During that I was thinking - some people run whole marathons at a pace faster than this - wow!

bristol16.jpg

I ended up finishing in 47:06 - a PR by 42 seconds! :D Very happy with this race - next up, a quarter marathon in 2 weeks!

SAM_1610a.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!