RunDisney Best Running Experience

PapaNonni

Earning My Ears
DVC Gold
Hello,

I ran the Disneyland Avengers 1/2 marathon a few years ago. Nothing better than starting and ending the at Disneyland with Mickey and friends cheering you on. Also, very memorable was entering Angel Stadium and hearing your name called out in the stadium as you run through the arena....and of course, the most important is the bling medal for finishing the run.

I absolutely loved my first marathon in 2022 (except for catching Covid!), but my best runDisney experience has to be the Princess Half Marathon with my daughter in 2023. We ran the half the previous month for MW from Corral C and had the unrealistic goal of getting every picture on the course. Thus, we ended up in the logjam at the castle so my daughter didn't get her run through Cinderella's Castle.

Our plan for the Princess HM was to not get any pictures until after the castle unless we saw Merida because my daughter was dressed up as Merida replete with her toy Merida bow. Of course, we saw Merida so we just had to stop and got some adorable pictures with her. At this point, we now felt the stress of trying to make up time. Nevertheless, we pushed our pace as hard as she could handle and we were successful at making it to the castle and she got to have her Castle Run.

My first race of any distance...Goofy in 2010 (aka Disney on Ice).

The entire experience, the ability to sign up for Goofy starting the very next week or so, the freezing rain and sleet on Saturday, followed by sunny but literally freezing on Sunday, proving that I could do the distances.

It was perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter