So, I was at the Disneyland Half Marathon and was told there was a major shake up within RunDisney itself after Tinkerbell. I was also told that Disney and Anaheim are not on good terms right now. Several of the new city council members are wanting to demonstrate their power while Disney is busy saying we can and we will get what we want. I was also told there is Disney is working to buy several properties in an around Anaheim including Angels Stadium which the Angels do not own (I was told this by a long time cast member). There were several theories about the races including taking a year off from the races due to construction in and around Disneyland.
I believe it's been noted the issue is not with the council.

West Coast races on hiatus beginning in 2018:

https://www.rundisney.com/blog/articles/run-disney/

We have heard from many of you over the past few months regarding registration for runDisney race weekends at Disneyland Resort. We greatly appreciate your loyalty and dedication to our runDisney race events and want to share the following update with you.

Given the level of construction to support the ongoing Disneyland Resort expansion, we have been working hard to determine how we can continue providing our West Coast participants with the best possible runDisney experience, which is designed around the ability to run throughout our resorts while enjoying entertainment offerings and characters.

After careful consideration and weighing all possibilities, we have made the very difficult decision to place all runDisney race weekends at Disneyland Resort on hiatus beginning in 2018. This includes the associated Coast to Coast Race Challenges.

Anyone who has registered for one of these races will be contacted directly by runDisney today by email and will receive a full refund for registration fees and for any commemorative items they may have purchased.

While news of this hiatus is sad to share, we are so thankful for the magic and memories you have helped create at our race weekends through the years. We look forward to hosting the upcoming Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend at Disneyland Resort November 9-12, and we hope to see many of you there.

We encourage runners to continue to visit runDisney.com for other race opportunities. A full schedule of races at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Paris are currently still being offered, in addition to our virtual race series. Guests with questions can contact rundisney@disneysports.com.

Runner Tracking is available for runners in the 10K, Half, and Full marathons. Updates can be sent during text or email.
I signed up for runner tracking so my family can receive emails or texts. At which points on the course will the get them? Start, Finish, every mile markers, some unknown control points?

Last edited:
I signed up for runner tracking so my family can receive emails or texts. At which points on the course will the get them? Start, Finish, every mile markers, some unknown control points?
Start finish and there are usually a few mid point. For a 10K you would get one at the half way point. For a half you'll get updates at 5K, 10K, and 15K points.

I see this for the WDW Marathon but where do you sign up? At the Expo??
Runner Tracking

Family and friends will be able to track participants with live online runner tracking for the marathon, half marathon, and 10K.

Runner Tracking

Family and friends will be able to track participants with live online runner tracking for the marathon, half marathon, and 10K.
Runner tracking won't open up until people know their bib numbers because that is how you track a runner. You can sign up at the expo or online.

Runner Tracking

Runner tracking doesn't work until pretty late in the game...probably not until December at the earliest. I remember it occasionally not working until a week before the race. :confused3

Runner tracking doesn't work until pretty late in the game...probably not until December at the earliest. I remember it occasionally not working until a week before the race. :confused3
It worked when I tried for next week Wine and Dine and I was about 10 days before the run.

Travel Agencies and Charity registration

If you are unable to get in during registration there are two more options for runners.

The first is booking with a travel agency. Certain travel agencies have a deal with Disney where they sell vacation packages for race weekends. These packages often have to include race registration, hotel and park tickets. Sometimes that will vary between travel agencies though.

The second option is running for a charity. This usually means you have to raise a certain amount of money in order to run in the event. runDisney likes to partner with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society as a charity.

Here is a list of runDisney Travel agency partners

List of Charities participating in runDisney events

Special Note: Travel Agencies and Charities may vary for each event. Check the runDisney website for specific race weekends that you are interested in.

Hello, I am new to DIS boards and Run Disney, so if this comment doesn't belong here then feel free to let me know! :)

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way that I could support a specific hospice charity group for RunDisney? I was hoping to participate in the 2019 half marathon and raise money for the hospice organization (Hospice of Davidson County) that took care of my grandmother. Long story short, my grandmother passed away from lung cancer about a month ago. She was my world during my childhood, and the hospice organization made her passing easier to cope with for both her and my family. They helped her through her own grieving process, they helped my family financially afford her care, and offered my family free grief counseling services. They went above and beyond with her care as she came upon her final days, making sure she wasn't in any pain. The women directly in charge of her care were there as she passed away, and shed their own tears as well, and I can't express the amount of compassion these individuals showed to her and my family.

Again any ideas as to how I could use rundisney to support this hospice group, or in the least a national hospice group, would be greatly appreciated! Thank you and Merry Christmas everyone :)

Hello, I am new to DIS boards and Run Disney, so if this comment doesn't belong here then feel free to let me know! :)

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way that I could support a specific hospice charity group for RunDisney? I was hoping to participate in the 2019 half marathon and raise money for the hospice organization (Hospice of Davidson County) that took care of my grandmother. Long story short, my grandmother passed away from lung cancer about a month ago. She was my world during my childhood, and the hospice organization made her passing easier to cope with for both her and my family. They helped her through her own grieving process, they helped my family financially afford her care, and offered my family free grief counseling services. They went above and beyond with her care as she came upon her final days, making sure she wasn't in any pain. The women directly in charge of her care were there as she passed away, and shed their own tears as well, and I can't express the amount of compassion these individuals showed to her and my family.

Again any ideas as to how I could use rundisney to support this hospice group, or in the least a national hospice group, would be greatly appreciated! Thank you and Merry Christmas everyone :)
I’m sure you could raise money on your own. Disney only uses select charities for races and I don’t believe you can pick your own through runDisney.

Hi! I'm considering signing up for my first marathon ever--the 2019 Princess Half Marathon. After reading this thread, I'm starting to think it might sell out quickly. :)

I need help deciding on a strategy. Should I...

... Perch on my computer waiting to pounce at the stroke of noon? My question is, is it like trying to get concert tickets and the system keeps crashing? Or do you just get in if you're ready right at noon, and it's a smooth process?

... Use an approved TA? I've never booked a Disney trip with an agent, but I'm not against it if it means a guaranteed spot for the race. And if it doesn't cost extra.

If you recommend using the agent, can you tell me when they start selling packages? I believe the sign-up for 2019 Princess is June 12; would agents have their blocks before then, and for about how long after?

Sorry for the long post, but I tend to over-think everything!

Hi! I'm considering signing up for my first marathon ever--the 2019 Princess Half Marathon. After reading this thread, I'm starting to think it might sell out quickly. :)

I need help deciding on a strategy. Should I...

... Perch on my computer waiting to pounce at the stroke of noon? My question is, is it like trying to get concert tickets and the system keeps crashing? Or do you just get in if you're ready right at noon, and it's a smooth process?

... Use an approved TA? I've never booked a Disney trip with an agent, but I'm not against it if it means a guaranteed spot for the race. And if it doesn't cost extra.

If you recommend using the agent, can you tell me when they start selling packages? I believe the sign-up for 2019 Princess is June 12; would agents have their blocks before then, and for about how long after?

Sorry for the long post, but I tend to over-think everything!
Registration has gotten much better over the last year or two. As long as you are on at noon you should be fine.

@ChimCher-ee it’ll save you some time if you make yourself an account with Active.com before registration opens. That way your personal info is already saved.

I’d suggest being logged into Active on registration day and ready to go maybe 5-10 minutes before noon. Then just refresh until the link goes live. It’ll put you in a “line” where you “virtually wait” to log in. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!