Wow, that's kind of crazy. Thanks for the update. Looks like showing up the morning of is still the best bet.

Paris dates confirmed on the runDisney Facebook today as September 21-24, 2017.

@rteetz, maybe I missed it, but I think we should add a section on POT (probably as a subsection in the Registration post). The key things I can think of are requirements, race-specific dates, location of data, how to change, what link to provide, time to provide, and best practices.

Requirements: required for rD half marathons if you expect to finish in less than 2:45 or the marathon if you expect to finish in less than 5:30 (not required for 5k or 10k's). Typically, the POT must be within two years of the rD race date you are registered for.
Race-specific dates: do we want to add the POT deadline dates under the race-specific details on page 1?
Location of data: Active.com registration page (myevents.active.com)
How to change: can view by going to "View my registration" or change by going to "Edit registration information"
Results website link: I'm still confused on this one, but describe whether you should enter the POT race's main website link or a link to the results website. It is my understanding from a while ago that, when asked, rD stated they wanted the race's main website link, but I think several folks put in the results link. I assume both are probably fine, but I would shy away from using a link to Athlinks or some other race results aggregator.
Time to provide: provide your actual 10k, 12k, 15k, 10 mile, half marathon or marathon race time (chip time, if applicable) of a certified race (USATF certification for U.S. races). Use your actual race time listed on the results website - DO NOT try to translate your time to the distance you will be running at Disney.
Best practices: enter your best proof of time AT TIME OF REGISTRATION, then update afterwards if you improve it (this way you don't forget if you are unable to improve your POT before the deadline).

@rteetz, maybe I missed it, but I think we should add a section on POT (probably as a subsection in the Registration post). The key things I can think of are requirements, race-specific dates, location of data, how to change, what link to provide, time to provide, and best practices.

Requirements: required for rD half marathons if you expect to finish in less than 2:45 or the marathon if you expect to finish in less than 5:30 (not required for 5k or 10k's). Typically, the POT must be within two years of the rD race date you are registered for.
Race-specific dates: do we want to add the POT deadline dates under the race-specific details on page 1?
Location of data: Active.com registration page (myevents.active.com)
How to change: can view by going to "View my registration" or change by going to "Edit registration information"
Results website link: I'm still confused on this one, but describe whether you should enter the POT race's main website link or a link to the results website. It is my understanding from a while ago that, when asked, rD stated they wanted the race's main website link, but I think several folks put in the results link. I assume both are probably fine, but I would shy away from using a link to Athlinks or some other race results aggregator.
Time to provide: provide your actual 10k, 12k, 15k, 10 mile, half marathon or marathon race time (chip time, if applicable) of a certified race (USATF certification for U.S. races). Use your actual race time listed on the results website - DO NOT try to translate your time to the distance you will be running at Disney.
Best practices: enter your best proof of time AT TIME OF REGISTRATION, then update afterwards if you improve it (this way you don't forget if you are unable to improve your POT before the deadline).
Yes I will add that right away!

How far in advance do they put out schedules? As in, when will 2018 events start showing up? Thank you!

How far in advance do they put out schedules? As in, when will 2018 events start showing up? Thank you!
For the first half of 2018 dates should be finalized any time now. The second half of 2018 won't come out until next year.

For the first half of 2018 dates should be finalized any time now. The second half of 2018 won't come out until next year.

Thanks! I thought the early race weekends of 2018 would have been out this weekend. Maybe at the Avengers Weekend coming up!

Thank you! I'm looking for an early 2018 race. :)

Thanks! I thought the early race weekends of 2018 would have been out this weekend. Maybe at the Avengers Weekend coming up!

I am beginning to think that the rD schedule release process has changed. In the past, the full year schedule was posted in early October, but so far, they have only been releasing the schedule piecemeal. As far as I can tell, only the following 2017-2018 race weekends have been released so far: DL Half, Paris DL, Wine & Dine, and Super Heros. Maybe they will eventually release the entire 2017-2018 year like they have in the past, but so far, it's been one or two races at a time.

I am beginning to think that the rD schedule release process has changed. In the past, the full year schedule was posted in early October, but so far, they have only been releasing the schedule piecemeal. As far as I can tell, only the following 2017-2018 race weekends have been released so far: DL Half, Paris DL, Wine & Dine, and Super Heros. Maybe they will eventually release the entire 2017-2018 year like they have in the past, but so far, it's been one or two races at a time.
Yes I agree. It will be interesting to see going forward.

m

You're probably right. I would guess the next group of release dates will include the Marathon Weekend, Light Side, & Princess. Would it be wrong to expect them before the year is out? Otherwise I fully expect them to be released (officially) no later than the 2017 Marathon weekend.

I just know I want them sooner than normal simply because my family and I are taking a year break from Disney and will return in 2018. We usually do the Marathon Weekend races, but because my boys are growing older, we might hit WDW in February during princess Weekend. Still awaiting the kids vacation schedule too.

I agree. Maybe they want to leave some wiggle room for possible changes (not that I have heard anything).

Are the wine and dine and super heros for 2017 released? I don't see those dates any where, any chance you can point me to these dates?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter