Are the wine and dine and super heros for 2017 released? I don't see those dates any where, any chance you can point me to these dates?

I also would like to know. Was it in the program for wine and dine? I don't see it on the main run disney page.

Yes, in the W&D event guide (last page)...

Wine & Dine Weekend Nov 2-5, 2017
Super Heros Weekend Nov 9-12, 2017

Added 2017 Super Heroes and Wine and Dine dates to first page as well as info on the 2017 New Balance runDisney shoes and the virtual queue.

Do you think they moved it up to try and take advantage of the fever surrounding Dopey 2018? Hook as many people as possible as early as possible?

Interesting that the marathon weekend registration has moved up by 2 months from April to February. I wonder if that added with the no deferrals will cause even more caution in signing up?
Super Heroes registration is moved up almost 4 months. There's no way we can even think about signing up for it in January. We have to plan around school schedules as much as possible,and the 2017-2018 calendar won't be released yet.

Interesting also that they even moved Disneyland half forward from Feb to December. I guess that could either help them significantly (people asking for registration as a Christmas gift) or harm them (people being short on cash during the holidays). Same goes for those that they brought forward to January.

My 2017/18 Plans are Dumbo and Dopey - must admit though I am a little nervous about putting out such a large amount of cash for Dopey that far in advance without the safety net of a deferral if my circumstances were to change...

I'm a little peeved by the early sign up for Marathon Weekend. Mostly because I'll be away when sign up occurs and to drop everything to sign up while on vacation is a pain. I'm curious to see how this affects sales. For me, I'm concerned but mostly with regards to whether or not they will have finished introducing alternatives now that there's no deferral such as bib insurance.

Wow! I cannot believe the moved up registration dates! Marathon weekend a month after the event?! Princess in May?! I cannot see races selling out so quickly with registration almost a year in advance.

Registration

Proof of Time

Requirements: required for runDisney half marathons if you expect to finish in less than 2:45 or the marathon if you expect to finish in less than 5:30 (not required for 5k or 10k's). Typically, the Proof of Time must be within two years of the runDisney race date you are registered for.

Race-specific dates: Each race has a specific proof of time deadline. These dates are listed below.

Location of data: Active.com registration page (myevents.active.com)

How to change: Can view by going to "View my registration" or change by going to "Edit registration information". You cannot edit the Proof of Time after the deadline has past.

Results website link: Link to the page where your results can be found online. runDisney has stated they want the race's main website link, but I think several folks put in the results link. I assume both are probably fine, but I would shy away from using a link to Athlinks or some other race results aggregator. I know in my experience the link to the results page works for the proof of time.

Time to provide: provide your actual 10k, 12k, 15k, 10 mile, half marathon or marathon race time (chip time, if applicable) of a certified race (USATF certification for U.S. races). Use your actual race time listed on the results website - DO NOT try to translate your time to the distance you will be running at Disney.

Best practices: enter your best proof of time AT TIME OF REGISTRATION, then update afterwards if you improve it (this way you don't forget if you are unable to improve your POT before the deadline). Also take a picture or screenshot of your proof time page incase things go wrong.

Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend deadline- October 4th, 2016
Star Wars Light Side Half Marathon Weekend deadline- October 11th, 2016
Princess Half Marathon Weekend deadline- November 15th, 2016
Star Wars Dark Side Half Marathon Weekend deadline- January 19th, 2016
Tinkerbell Half Marathon Weekend deadline- February 14th, 2016
Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend deadline- May 30th, 2017

Thanks to @opusone and @Ariel484 for help on this!

I am planning to do the WDW marathon in 2018. I have not done a half marathon or marathon within 2 years of then. For the proof of time, can I just put that my expected finish is 5:30 when I register and then change it if I do a marathon this year? If I don't provide proof of time and start in the last corral, will I be able to eventually pass people and run at the pace I like to run (around 10 min/mile)? I don't mind going slow for a few miles, but don't want to run slower than 10 min miles forever.

I am planning to do the WDW marathon in 2018. I have not done a half marathon or marathon within 2 years of then. For the proof of time, can I just put that my expected finish is 5:30 when I register and then change it if I do a marathon this year? If I don't provide proof of time and start in the last corral, will I be able to eventually pass people and run at the pace I like to run (around 10 min/mile)? I don't mind going slow for a few miles, but don't want to run slower than 10 min miles forever.
Yes you will be able to pass people. The last corral is a group of mixed paces because its mainly people who didn't submit a proof of time. If you can maybe find a local half to do before the proof of time deadline to get yourself out of the last corral.

You can change it up until the cut-off date, which is listed at registration. I highly recommend finding a local race to use for PoT - has to be 10 miles or more for the marathon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!