I always forget how much it has to be but I'm thrilled it's 10 miles since my 10 miler times are better than my 1/2 times.
Here's the official info from runDisney (in case anyone else is looking for it):
  • Half Marathon/10K & Half Marathon Challenges – 10K, 12K, 15K, 10 Mile, Half Marathon or Marathon
  • Full Marathon/Goofy/Dopey – 10 Mile, Half Marathon or Marathon
My 10-miler times are also better than my half times!! :)

I wonder how common 12K races are? Never seen one in my area (that I know of, anyway).

Here's the official info from runDisney (in case anyone else is looking for it):
  • Half Marathon/10K & Half Marathon Challenges – 10K, 12K, 15K, 10 Mile, Half Marathon or Marathon

I wonder how common 12K races are? Never seen one in my area (that I know of, anyway).

Thanks everyone for the info. I did find a local 1/2 marathon that will work out I think. I'll be sure to try to do that one.

I was bummed when they changed it from any distance to 12K and 15K. In Australia some of the most popular races are 14K - so I suddenly lost my fav POT races!

I was bummed when they changed it from any distance to 12K and 15K. In Australia some of the most popular races are 14K - so I suddenly lost my fav POT races!
Interesting, we don't have 14K here either. Sorry they did that to you!! :(

I added pricing info for remaining races that didn't have it, and added info on the Lightside Lounge.

This will be my first time running at Disney. I'm doing the 1/2 at WDW. My wife, daughter and my daughters friend want to meet me at the finish. Is there any special requirement for them to get into the family reunion area to meet me after the race?

This will be my first time running at Disney. I'm doing the 1/2 at WDW. My wife, daughter and my daughters friend want to meet me at the finish. Is there any special requirement for them to get into the family reunion area to meet me after the race?
No the family reunion area anyone can get into.

No the family reunion area anyone can get into.
Great! Thanks for the quick reply! Any other tips for places on the course they could get to easily to see me and then get back to the finish? We are staying at Pop Century.

Great! Thanks for the quick reply! Any other tips for places on the course they could get to easily to see me and then get back to the finish? We are staying at Pop Century.
For the half they could view you at MK if they've get up early enough or at the TTC. That would be my only suggestion for on course.

If my family gets up early and heads to MK to watch we run through MK, during the 1/2, will they have time after I run through to get back to Epcot for the finish?

If my family gets up early and heads to MK to watch we run through MK, during the 1/2, will they have time after I run through to get back to Epcot for the finish?
They should have enough time. Maybe they could watch you at the TTC near MK and then get in the monorail to head to Epcot.

Over in the Marathon Weekend 2017 thread we're putting together a list of DIS runners and timing for spectators. So go to this link and fill out the information and I'll put you on the list. Then it will tell your family based on your pace when to expect to see you at these locations.

Other FAQs

How does RunDisney do on course photos?
RunDisney just this year moved to their own photo service Photopass. In the past they had used a service called Marathonfoto. Now with photopass if you buy a photopass package for your vacation you get your race photos included. There are usually instructions in your race weekend guide with how to add race photos to your photopass account.

Codes are usually in the post race section of the event guide. Unfortunately there is no search option in the digital guides.

Here is a great explanation of photopass and RunDisney from @Ariel484

"When you log into PhotoPass on your MDE account, you see all of your pictures there as usual. In the parks they use your Magic Band or the photographer will scan a card to give it to you - you then input the number on the back of the card into your account and your pics show up.

runDisney photopass is a lot like using one of those cards - your Magic Band is NOT used, it's all about your bib number. When we get the event guide, there will be a 16-digit code printed that corresponds to each race and x where our bib number will need to be added in. For the Disneyland Half, for example, it was 2016-LAND-HLFx-xxxx. So if my bib number was 15607, I'd go into my PhotoPass area of My Disney Experience and put in 2016-LAND-HLF1-5607. If you have a bib number less than 5 digits, you add a zero/zeroes in front (so bib number 4567 would be 2016-LAND-HLF0-4567, bibs number 1 would be 2016-LAND-HLF0-0001). There are no special codes for the challenges, so if you're doing a challenge you'd input the code for each separate race (i.e. a Goofy runner will have a code for both the half marathon and marathon - there's no Goofy code).

It did take a bit for the pictures to actually pop up after Tink this year...it wasn't instantaneous, but I was happy with the number and quality of pictures I got from runDisney. Light years better than MarathonFoto. Just make sure your bib number is very visible, because if it's not, there's no way to link up your pictures."

Great thread. Lots of helpful info.

Do they have a race day/weekend only Photopass? I am not going with family and don't plan on going into the parks so paying the $150 for the Memory Maker is not worth it and $14.95/picture would get steep fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter