RunDisney Minutes per mile policy

TeaNaP

Earning My Ears
The 16 minutes per mile. Does that timer only start once the last wave has left the last corral?
I want to have enough time to enjoy taking photos, meeting the characters etc.
Obviously I'll try and get to a corral leaving earlier than the last one if that's the case. I'm currently walking briskly at 12 mins a mile.

The official line is 16min/mi from when the “balloon ladies” start, which is after/at the end of the last wave.

Things to keep in mind: you will always travel further than the posted race distance because it’s very very difficult to run the tangents that the course is certified on. As an example, I ran 27.07mi during the marathon.

The clock doesn’t pause for your character/bathroom/shenanigans stops.

You will always be given warnings and usually a “you need to be in front of the balloon ladies by X location if you do fall behind them. (The balloon ladies are NOT the sweepers, they are just a visual representation of the 16min pace line.)

If you’re training at 12min/mi you will be absolutely fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter