RunDisney photos

zanzibar138

DIS Veteran
I was just wondering what the deal is with photos from the RunDisney events. I've read enough to understand that it is done by a third party and not covered by my photospass +. So how does it work? Do you pay per photo, or can you order a 'set' of your group from the whole weekend? I'm guessing you order them through a website after the event, so hoping that they will be digital copies. How long does it take for them to be put up? And how long do you have to order? The DL half marathon weekend is the start of a month long trip to the US for me, and not sure I'll get a chance to order photos until I get home. Any information would be much appreciated :goodvibes

I'm no expert on the process but I'll try to help the best I can ...

The service is provided by MarathonFoto (http://www.marathonfoto.com). Their photographers take pictures of you as you run through the course and are aggregated by a computer primarily using your bib number.

They sell a number of print and digital download packages. I bought a single 5x7 print at around $15. It looks like on the purchase page they only have addresses for U.S. and Canada so I'm not sure how participants from other countries order images. It appears if you are going the download route that there are three options -- a "Premium" package, which is your photos and special race highlights for $74.95; a "Download All Images" package, which are all the photos in your My Photos page for $69.95; and a "Single Image" download, which as its name suggests is one picture for $29.95 each.

Their FAQs say that they keep images available for up to two years to allow you time to order, though I'm not seeing my images from the 2013 Disneyland Half right now. They start appearing pretty soon after the race with more being added for up to a week or so, if I remember correctly.

I'm not sure if when you say "your group" you mean can you order a set from more than one person but according to the FAQs, orders are on a per person basis -- no aggregating multiple person's photos on one account. And since I only did the half, I'm not sure how they handle aggregating pictures from multiple races, though I'm guessing they get lumped together based on a common bib number.

Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter