runDisney Virtual Shorts - An *Incredible* Year 3

WOW. I seriously love The Incredibles and I'm fan-girl excited for the 2nd movie this summer. I think I'll show this to DS so we can run together :)

It occurs to me that since we just had the W&D registration this week, and Marathon Weekend registration is April 17, we may not see the virtual series go up until May :(

And a few hours later, details go up :p

But I can still say I was right, as registration opens May 1st. :p

edit: and runDisney took down the May 1st date. Must have been a placeholder. Now it just says 'check back for dates'

Hi everyone! I have been watching this thread for a while waiting for the 2018 details and I saw them up yesterday and wondered if this has been updated here and- YES! IT HAS!

I am NOT a runner and I have only ever tried one run (a Color Vibe 5K) in which I nearly died a short and grisly death. HOWEVER... the last year has been rough on me physically by taking a desk job that has culminated in 10 extra unwanted pounds! I am attracted to the virtual runs because I can do them on my own time and can also get the reward at the end! It's just the motivation I need to get moving this summer! I'M SO EXCITED!
That would be ok with my wallet! LOL we can still run the June one on the 1st if we choose, no worries there. I would just like to see a teaser of what the theme is going to be! popcorn::

Same! I am a bit broke at the moment and welcome the extra time to register for the whole series! :yay:

I've never been tempted by the virtual shorts.... until I saw those medals today! UGH! I LOVE the Incredibles!!!!
:love::love::love:

I do toooo and was so happy to see the designs!

Thanks Disney. You found another way to suck money out of my bank account. I love those medals.

These will be my first running medals and they are so cute! I confess I did not like last years so I'm not sorry I missed it.
Woohoo, love the new medals!! Last year I just did August (my first year doing a virtual run) but these medals might motivate me to do the entire series :worship:

Totally agree! :D:-)

WOW. I seriously love The Incredibles and I'm fan-girl excited for the 2nd movie this summer. I think I'll show this to DS so we can run together :)

I am also fan-girl excited for the 2nd one... this is perfect for me. :flower1:

Just found this. I'm new to the Disney running scene. Planning on my first Disney Marathon weekend in 2019. Seeing these virtual runs and the medals just got me really excited. I'm going to easily be running a 5K every month this summer with training for the half. Why not get some "Incredible" bling for it!?!

I just showed them to ODS and he now he wants one. If I can get him to complete just one with me (even if it's walking) I think I'll give him one. He's not shown any interest in running/walking with me until now.

I really want to do this but dh thinks it’s a waste of money. He obviously isnt as obsessed with the medals as I am.

Is there no early registration for the Virtual Shorts for Annual Passholders?

So registration is now this Thursday, April 12, at 12 noon ET "UPDATE REGARDING REGISTRATION DATES. We are working to create a more streamlined race registration experience for runDisney participants. As a result, registration for the 2018-19 Walt Disney World race event weekends will be temporarily delayed; however, all races are still scheduled for this season as planned. Registration for this summer's Virtual Running Shorts Series and the June 5K will open on Thursday, April 12, 2018 at noon ET. We apologize for the delay and will have more information to share on June 1 regarding registration for all remaining races."

It said May 1st in the parks blog article and now it doesn’t. They must have removed it.
You posted this back on March 21st, which meeeeaaaannnnssss they knew something was up with registrations but didn't want to announce anything then. I just wonder why they moved up the Virtual Shorts registration from what they originally posted. Unless of course that was a flub.
:confused3

You posted this back on March 21st, which meeeeaaaannnnssss they knew something was up with registrations but didn't want to announce anything then. I just wonder why they moved up the Virtual Shorts registration from what they originally posted. Unless of course that was a flub.
:confused3
Yeah thats weird. Someone speculated on FB that the Virtual Shorts might be the test race for their new registration system since it won't have a major sign up rush like other races.

Yeah thats weird. Someone speculated on FB that the Virtual Shorts might be the test race for their new registration system since it won't have a major sign up rush like other races.

Interesting...
This kind of pushes me towards wanting to sign up just to possibly check out the new system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!