Running belts for plus size woman?

CarolynFH

DIS Veteran
I'd like to get a running belt to hold my phone and ID but want one that will adjust to fit a roughly 22W or 2X woman's waist - and then adjust smaller as time goes by! :cutie: I'd also like to be able to take my phone out during my walk/run. Any recommendations?

Amphipod has a running belt that would work. My wife is similarly sized and uses it with no problem. I can't remember the exact model but it was available in black, teal and pink and REIcarried it in store.

I have the SpiBelt. My waist is only 31 inches, but I have it adjusted down to almost its smallest size. It would easily accommodate your size needs. That said, I would not use it if you wish to take your smartphone in and out throughout the run. It really isn't made for that and you would struggle to do this without taking the belt off.

Do you need the other features of a running belt (water, gels?) If not, look into a kangaroo pouch. It's basically a pocket that magnetically attaches to your waist band.

I have recently purchased a new Sport2People running belt for storing my iPhone and other items while running and workout in the gym.

Wow, talk about a blast from the past!

Actually, I found two. My DS gave me one made by sport2people; the belt is about 1 1/2" wide and has two pockets, one of which is long enough to hold my iPhone XS in its Otterbox case and the other is shorter but easily holds ID, etc. The second one is a Spibelt I picked up at the 2017 Marathon Weekend Expo; it's about 1" wide and has just one pocket, but that's big enough to hold my iPhone in its case as well as ID.

Wow, talk about a blast from the past!

Actually, I found two. My DS gave me one made by sport2people; the belt is about 1 1/2" wide and has two pockets, one of which is long enough to hold my iPhone XS in its Otterbox case and the other is shorter but easily holds ID, etc. The second one is a Spibelt I picked up at the 2017 Marathon Weekend Expo; it's about 1" wide and has just one pocket, but that's big enough to hold my iPhone in its case as well as ID.
Thank you! I signed up for Wine&Dine and I am trying to prepare!

I'm nervous and excited too! my first runDisney race. I've done other 5ks, but nothing with time limits!
Get there early so you can be near the front of your corral and in front of that crowd, at least. The time limit doesn’t start counting until the very last participant has crossed the start line (i.e. the last person out of the last corral), so it’s actually much longer than you might think. In 2017 DH and I were at the front of our corral and actually walked the entire 5K. I don’t remember our time, but it was much longer than 16 minutes/mile. Many people passed us, but we were not the last across the finish line, and we got our medals! Have fun - I wish we could do another rD 5K, but our “racing” days are over.

Get there early so you can be near the front of your corral and in front of that crowd, at least. The time limit doesn’t start counting until the very last participant has crossed the start line (i.e. the last person out of the last corral), so it’s actually much longer than you might think. In 2017 DH and I were at the front of our corral and actually walked the entire 5K. I don’t remember our time, but it was much longer than 16 minutes/mile. Many people passed us, but we were not the last across the finish line, and we got our medals! Have fun - I wish we could do another rD 5K, but our “racing” days are over.
Thanks for the info, Carolyn! I'm no spring chicken - but i'm doing this to bond with my new DIL and even if we walk/run (our plan) we hope to be fine! Great new tradition to start with her - she's new to Disney, took her for her first visit last Christmas and I cried watching her cry at her first view of the castle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter