Running/Fitness Tracking Apps

xjillianpaige

adventure is out there
Hi everyone!

I'm wondering if you guys have any thoughts or preferences for training or fitness apps? My mom uses endomondo for her walks and I have the iPhone's health app, but I'm wondering what you guys think works best?

I'm thinking something I can track meals on, but also workouts including running and yoga. Anything, really! I'm just curious to see what people use!

Thanks!

I use a Polar HRM, it tracks heart rate, time, calories burned. It's strictly for fitness so doesn't track food but you could certainly do my fitness pal and plug in your numbers, I used to do that.

I liked mapmyrun a lot - and linked it with MyFitnessPal for tracking food intake.

I use Strava (there's a runDisney group on there!) and I use RunKeeper. My doctor suggested that I use Strava to follow my progress and it works great, he can also follow my cycling on there as well.

I use strava for the group here.. Other than that I use garmin connect mostly. Every so often will pop up runkeeper lol.. So it's like running shoes.. You can never have too many choices :D

I would suggest getting a VivoactiveHR or one of the new hybrid running and fitness watches like the Fenix serices and using it with the Garmin Connect app. You can sync MyFitnesspal with the app to get a combined energy in/energy out picture.

I'm not a fan of using my phone as my fitness tracker, I don't even take it on runs. I prefer to use the best tool for the job and the best tool for the job is a dedicated tracker, not a phone IMO.

Hi everyone!

I'm wondering if you guys have any thoughts or preferences for training or fitness apps? My mom uses endomondo for her walks and I have the iPhone's health app, but I'm wondering what you guys think works best?

I'm thinking something I can track meals on, but also workouts including running and yoga. Anything, really! I'm just curious to see what people use!

Thanks!
I use Strava and Zombies Run for runs and My Fitness Pal for tracking food. I used to use the Fitbit app, switched to Strava- only really used them because ZR doesn't tell me my split pace. Only downside is Strava insists on starting the week on Monday, so my weekly mileage is always off.

And totally did the 'didnt read the whole thing' thing :) For food tracking, LOVE my fitness pal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!