Running on Fort Wilderness Trails

mousedroid

Mouseketeer
Hope this is the right place to post this. My fiancée and I are finally travelling to Disney in 10 days (after three years of planning, and two years of postponements). While we're there we would like to get in at least one run equal to a 5k. It looks like the easiest place to do that without having to double back on ourselves is the running trails at Fort Wilderness. My questions are:
  1. If we are not guests at Fort Wilderness (we're staying at AKL), would we be able to use the running trails there?
  2. If the answer to #1 is yes, what's the best way to get to Ft. Wilderness to have a morning run (we'd like to start by 7:00 or 7:30)?
Thank you in advance!

You could bus to MK and boat to Ft. Wilderness. You probably cannot drive and get through the gate though unless the resort hopping restrictions have been lifted. Warning though, it’s roads and sidewalks rather than “trails.”

You could bus to MK and boat to Ft. Wilderness. You probably cannot drive and get through the gate though unless the resort hopping restrictions have been lifted. Warning though, it’s roads and sidewalks rather than “trails.”
OK, thanks. I wasn't sure if there was a boat to FW or not.

Our other option seems to be to drive or take a bus to the TTC and do a run from there through the Polynesian, through the Grand Floridian around Seven Seas Lagoon to at least the ferry dock, and then turn around and run back. Other folks have mentioned that's doable, but it seems weird that non-guests could just run through the grounds of those resorts.

Keep in mind that Park transportation usually starts around 90 minutes before park open (if you don't have your own transport). So you would not likely to be able to run quite that early unless the park was opening on the early side. MK generally opens at 9, so you'd have to factor that in.

Epcot and Studios open earlier (Studios at 8 even) so an alternative is to run the Boardwalk area between Studios and Epcot international gate . There are sections of Epcot Resorts Blvd that have sidewalk, so you could plot a run that didn't have a lot of out and back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter