Running some numbers and have questions.

Just chiming in bc we did buy BCV recently (resale, no way we could make direct prices for it work) and I agree with all the other posters. We didn’t get a great deal, but we chose it for the security of having first dibbs at booking there, after I found that cash availability was spotty (and expensive!) for the 2br and the dates we wanted, and renting always seems to have more people wanting to rent vs owners renting out their points.

As for the monorail resorts, I think BLT would get you a better deal, but Disney’s been taking a lot of those in ROFR too lately so just watch that. And PVB would be great except it doesn’t have any 1br and only the bungalows as 2br - but if we’d only wanted studios, we would’ve bought there. Both of those resorts seem to be going for around the same price as BCV these days, but with the longer contracts it’s a better deal.

Hey all, with all the DVC talk and the DVC shows and things I wanted to look into some things. I am looking at Beach club in particular and was looking at the points chart and it looks like a 1 bedroom is 255 points a week during the Dream season which is when we typically travel.

I have been running some numbers and its not adding up for me. I am wondering what I am missing. This is what I have
the contract expires in January of 2042 so 2041 is the last use year. This leaves approx 21 years left for most contracts with 2020 points only I have been looking at. The average cost is $135 per point. This breaks down to a point cost per year of $1639.29. The Maintenance fee looks like its just under $7.00 for this year at 6.9415. so for the first year if the maintenance fee didn't increase the week would cost $3409.37

This is where I am puzzled and for this year I found the weeks we would go and with tax it was hovering right around $3700 on disneyworld.com. This is with the promo we have noticed last year and this year. Is the one bedroom the worst value when buying or am I missing something. We usually always travel in a 1 bedroom as we have a 3 year old and studious do not work and a 2 bedroom seems to much for 3 people.
The 1 BRs are the worst "value" for use of DVC points when compared to cash rates. Cash rates for disney usually has 1BRs at about 1.5x studio costs -- whereas DVC has 1BRs as 2x studio points. So when using DVC points, studios are a good deal, 1 BRs not as good a deal, and 2 BRs are a good deal.

keep in mind though, hotel discounts are likely going to get smaller after August 29th. disney has invested a ton in the parks and attendance is not likely to be lagging anytime soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter