Runs on Starbucks

Day six- Three Miles

Still sick, so I’m taking another day off. I feel a lot better than yesterday, but still 100%. I’d rather play it safe than sorry. I should be back at it on Monday.

Thank you guys for your good wishes!! :hug:

57CE0E7A-2D61-4A18-8EBC-F94FD61671B1.jpeg Day Seven- Three Miles

Alright, so it is very wet outside and it’s still coming down. And while running in the rain can be fun, it’s probably ill advised if you’re getting over the flu. So I opted for a treadmill run instead, and set the pace to 13:38, which is 1 second faster than my goal pace, and I ended up running at a 14:47. Gotta love machines. Treadmill says I ran 3.4 miles.

At any rate, I’m happy to be running again, and happier to start my week off no longer sick.

Day Eight- Three Miles

F15EFFB9-297F-4833-A492-F01EC7D18992.jpeg

What should have been a 13:39 pace. It was freezing. Actually, it’s real feel was 31, so below freezing. But, it felt great being outside again. I’m listening to Ready Player One and it captivated me, made the time fly by. Highly recommend. Excited for the day off work tomorrow and to add another mile in. I know I’m easing myself back into it, but I miss my long runs.
On a non running note, I had a really great day today. Remember how last week I said I was having a good week? Well, today confirmed all the rumors. I have an interview next week (Tuesday) for a promotion and I am VERY EXCITED ABOUT IT!! It’s definitely put a skip in my step, so maybe once the excitement wears off, I’ll run a bit slower.

DB22CDB8-4D42-402E-AB45-976525007D19.jpeg Day Ten - Four Miles
Okay. So today I was a little more than excited that it was warm enough to wear a tank top and sparkle skirt. It was also my first time listening to the Not Real Runners podcast. So I wasn’t paying attention to my watch at all like I should have. My pace should have been 13:39. And I did 12:11, 12:09, 12:06 and 11:47. So at least I was consistent?? I still suck at running slow. Finished up my run and then did a short kettlebell workout because I’m also trying to build some muscle. I’m excited to see where I’ll be at the end of this training cycle.

Tell me more about this... I love a good podcast!
Basically "back of the pack" runner/walkers who like to make extravagant costumes for their races. They usually do the runDisney events and they are also part of Rock N Blog for the Rock N Roll series. But they will chat about the races after they run them, rate them, and the medals. It's just entertaining and easy to listen to. I've legit laughed out loud on runs before listening to them.

Day Eleven & Twelve

I’ve been plagued with the flu...again. And I hear it hasn’t even peaked yet. The joys of working with the public and dirty, dirty money and middle schoolers.

Joining in with your journal!! So sorry you've had the flu. It's really horrible this year. I work in a hospital and we have been slammed with flu patients for 2 months. It's crazy.

I'm on my first DB plan and have also had trouble running slower, but I'm getting there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!