RV Site over Christmas break

sheriann1271

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have any tips for snagging a site between Christmas Eve and January 8th? I didn't realize how long my kids' Christmas Break is this year!! With that much time, we could drive from Michigan with our camper and still have lots of vacation time. I called for reservations and they said they book pretty far in advance and they do not have a waiting list. Was curious if anyone had luck finding a site by continuously checking for openings, or if there are any other options for getting one. Thanks!!!

Keep calling and check the WDW site. Someone may cancel and you get lucky.

Some people have gotten lucky and checking daily got their reservations as people cancel. But yes they do fill up quick, Christmas for next year is almost completely booked up, as is Halloween.

Yup.... We are already booked for Dec 26th 2018 through Jan 4th 2019. Of course we knew it would book up quickly.

Also, while "Frustrating" the daily check (and even CALL as painful as that is too) will usually prove fruitful in the end.

Same here. Booked for Dec 18 2018 thru Jan 8. 2019. Took several calls 499 days out. You are pretty much going to have to call at least once every day between now and then. If you can take the stress the most likely bet is within 2 weeks of your date when it's almost time to pay.

Although we have never done it, I've frequently seen the recommendation that you try to reserve whatever portion of the dates you are able. You can add days as they become available. (Given that this is one of the most sought after periods, it is unlikely you are going to be able to reserve the dates you want in one attempt.) So you could call and ask if there is availability for any portion of that period. Also, you will inclrease your odds by being flexible on the type of site you'd like.
Perhaps others that have had success with this can chime in. Good luck!

#1) Put the resi number on speed dial
#1A) bookmark the web page

You are now in FW game mode........ It's worth it if you can get it

#2) remember no matter how many no's you get, you only need one yes for magic!!!
#3) be flexible on on our dates. All or nothing now is not an option at this point. Back side of new years should come up. Front side may be more difficult. But not impossible.
#4) this is a multiple times a day search.
#5) may want to look off site, sure not 100% WDW but you are still there in FL. BTW visit gator land and bring our own hotdogs!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter