RV site sizes

cat lady

Earning My Ears
First time to the Fort. I see where the sizes for each site is listed in each loop. Are the sizes listed in the preferred sites (RV and tent pad) for the size of the RV site only OR does it include the tent pad in the size also? Thank you.

There is an app you can download to your phone and the sizes listed are of the concrete pad only. The gravel beyond the pad is not included in the measurements.

And don't get too hung up about specific sites and sizes.

The Fort stays "very full" except for the summer season (June-Sept) when it's only "kinda full" so most times you don't have a lot of choice when checking in and getting a site.

I like Preferred sites (like you) and there are only 3 loops (about 100 sites). During busy times, there are maybe a dozen+ sites coming open (100 sites / 7 days a week). Depending on what day you arrive, some of those (half) have already been claimed (checked in and set up on). Now we're down to seven. Some folks plan moves and take some of the remainders out of inventory (been hit by that). Some will be claimed by folks who use the Early Online Checkin option in MDE (they usually list an early checkin time) and get pot luck assignments but that takes half of the remainder maybe.

So you go from seven minus move folks (people in Preferred sites already who want to move to a "better" site) so subtract two and then subtract two for the Early folks. That leaves three sites available (hypothetically) in the Preferred category for you to choose from when you arrive.

You can only take what it available. That's why I say, out of 100 sites if your choice is among 3 sites, don't get too hung up on specific sites, measurements, locations, etc. If this is a concern for you, list the size of your trailer on your reservation as a note and the Fort CM assigning/reviewing will generally make sure your rig will fit on the site assigned.

It is what it is. Good luck!

Bama Ed

Thanks Ed. We have a 40 ft MH and are towing and noticed many sites are sort of short. I did let then know when I reserved, but thought I would request a few sites just to see what happens. Thanks for the feedback.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter