S/O: Have you ever approached a “suspected DISer?”

I have been on the DIS for a very long, long time and remember the "lime green Mickey heads" that you could get in the paint section of a home improvement store that DIS people used to quietly identify themselves.

I have been on the DIS for a very long, long time and remember the "lime green Mickey heads" that you could get in the paint section of a home improvement store that DIS people used to quietly identify themselves.

Yes!!

I used to attach one to my bag when we went to the parks, but never met anyone that way. :( - I think I forget sometimes how small a fraction of Disney-goers this site really is.

We ended up being randomly seated with a DISer on one of our first Disney cruises. We had talked to each other in the thread on the cruise but didn't know until dinner and we started talking and certain things got brought up in conversation. I finally looked at her and said - Are you on the DIS?

Not in person and not directly but one day my SIL - who is not on DIS asked me if I was China Mom because her hairdresser figured out who I was based on the stories they shared (I guess) Hi Tonia's hairdresser :yay:

Of course, now I wonder just how much SIL talked about me for her hairdresser to recognize me. :chat:

Having already said no in my earlier post I might have gone up to someone at WDW wearing tons of lime green, esp in ribbons back in the day.

Nope. But I know that there are a few Disers here in the Memphis, TN area. Last year when at Costco (on Germantown Rd...for those of you locals, lol) I spotted a lady wearing a lime green shirt that had theDis written on it. Didn't approach her as I was too shy.

Because of my unique situation, over the past 8 years I have been able to meet hundreds of current and former Dissers. I have remained close friends with many of them and we meet up whenever they return to WDW. Currently I meet one or two a week.

I met a unique DISer a couple times at WDW when staying at the Swan/Dolphin. Maybe you and I have met. :wave:

Pandy Paws (Donna) And yes, she did pass away. :(

Flowerchild
Figured you would beat me to the punch Dan! I can't do the Safari or the train without thinking of Donna...what a sweet person she was!
I've seen others in the parks with the LGMHs that we used to carry to identify us as DISers. I approached a few....after the one time I got my head handed to me, I stopped approaching people. I figured that if had the LGMH attached to your bag, you wanted to be approached by other DISers...evidently not. But others were thrilled to stop and chat.
Around home, not really. But I have made some incredible friends on the DIS....people I vacation with, both in WDW and other places.

A couple of years ago I saw a person with a Dis t-shirt on at Universal and they had their “name” on the back!!! I thought that was such a great idea. I didn’t recognize the name but........... I would have said “hello” if I did:flower1:

Never have asked anyone if they are on DISboards.com

I have asked people we were talking to if they were DVC members though.

I saw Tom Bricker once at Animal Kingdom at a DVC event. He was taking some photos of the Tree.

s
Yes!!

I used to attach one to my bag when we went to the parks, but never met anyone that way. :( - I think I forget sometimes how small a fraction of Disney-goers this site really is.

I never had anyone ask about mine either but a couple of times, I saw it on someone's bag but wasn't close enough to talk to them. Even though the Dis people are a small percentage of the park goers, those lime-green mickey heads disappeared from the paint sample section in record time.

Nope. I do know of one that lives in the same city, and another few in the same province.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter