S/O of whine thread/positive thread

My 2-year-old took a nap! (Naps are VERY rare around here!)

While you can possibly still remember try to write down things that may have contributed to that nap ie: Activities/Food/Drink? My boys napped better if a banana or ginger cookies were involved. Mother on!

Last edited:

It's finally a decent temp and I get to babysit my darling and much beloved nephew tonight!

ETA: Kinda weird to think I look forward to dates with a 2.5 year old more than any others:)

It's finally a decent temp and I get to babysit my darling and much beloved nephew tonight!

ETA: Kinda weird to think I look forward to dates with a 2.5 year old more than any others:)

They are kind of predisposed to have a unique perspective on things; won't require pretense in food, music or conversation; and won't bat an eye at comfy wardrobe or minimal hair and makeup choices.

They are kind of predisposed to have a unique perspective on things; won't require pretense in food, music or conversation; and won't bat an eye at comfy wardrobe or minimal hair and makeup choices.

Kids in our family still have to eat what we're having for dinner so it's a fresh dill chicken dish with roasted veggies for that little guy tonight. He doesn't get a choice, and yes, he'll even eat the onions. I've gone on dates who had a more limited (I'm doing the hardest eyeroll right now...lol) palette. However, the kid has pretty firm views on music, so I expect to be listening to the Beatles "Yellow Submarine" on repeat. Being able to wear warm, comfy clothes is just a plus. Time with him is a definite blessing though, so if we have to boogie to "Yellow Submarine" I consider it a win; its an absolute positive in my life.

Actually it happened yesterday, but I'm still enjoying the free time I have as a result of it: I finished the final proofread of the first five chapters of the book I've been editing since August! It's 35 chapters long, so I still have quite a way to go, but I'm dependent on when the author gets the chapters with the approved edits back to me.

Queen Colleen

I got to have lunch with two of my best girlfriends. The place we met for lunch was closed so we had to pick another place at the last minute. But it was ok because we got to catch up on all kinds of things. It's been a very, very difficult holiday season and I just needed that!

I forgot another good thing, and it's lasting all month. I got an email from Panera telling me that I had a free bagel waiting for me EVERY DAY THIS MONTH! I was a little skeptical, but when I went to pick up my first freebie, I was assured that it was a legitimate offer; all I had to do was show ID. And to frost the cake, they were running a special (available to anyone) of a bakers' dozen (13) of my selection of bagels for $6.99! Needless to say, I bought them and popped them into the freezer.

Queen Colleen

My cat that broke his leg about a month ago is totally back to normal. Bugging all of us and trying to get outside. He is SO bored in the house :)
And my youngest dd just started dating a young man she has know since 3rd grade. The kind of young man you want your dd to date :):) She is incredibly happy which make me incredibly happy

I married mine 47+years ago. We did not see each other for almost a decade in between because his family moved 20 miles away from our hometown but, a blind date (a mutual friend didn't know we knew each other) in our teens brought us back together.

May all her/your dreams come true too!

Last edited:
Our eldest son called he had a Drs appointment, took the rest of the day off work, wanted to come by for a visit, take his father and I out for lunch! We chose a restaurant with a more extensive menu; that turned lunch into lupper so... no cooking supper!! :sunny:

And the hits just keep on comin'! I just got a message from another first-time author who is interested in hiring me to edit her first book. She wants to check out the two published books that I've edited (samples on Amazon), and if it looks like we're a good fit, we'll talk about a contract. The surprising thing (to me) is that I bid my fee higher that what she said she was willing to pay, but she's interested anyway.

Note: My family has the superstition that if the first words out of your mouth on the first day of a new month are "rabbit rabbit," you'll have good luck all that month. Everyone in the family was extremely careful to say "rabbit rabbit" just after midnight (even before we said "Happy New Year!") in the hope that the superstition has super powers to cover a whole year if it's said on January 1. Are we crazy or what? This is my only superstition, and I'm sticking with it!

Queen Colleen

I am thankful I get to stay home today. We had freezing rain and then snow on top of that and it is a mess out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter