Saana and Yak and Yeti-dont know what to order

Calee

DIS Veteran
I would LOVE to try these places. I like various foods, but both DH and I grew up in very unadventurous homes and I'm embarrassed to say I dont know what a lot of things on the menu are.
So what do you get at these 2 places? Pictures are a plus! I feel like if there was pictures on the menus i could just point to what looks good! Ha! I am allergic to beef. DH likes burgers but isnt really a steak guy so those "safe" options arent really an option.
We are on the dining plan so looking mostly at entrees and dessert.

Based on your regular eating habits I would try the butter chicken, tandoori dishes (either quick roasted shrimp or chicken) or the burger at Saana.

Should you like Chinese food give the dim sum basket a try or maybe one of the lo mein (noodles) dishes at Yak and Yeti. Also has the frequently loved sweet and sour chicken.

No idea about the desserts at either restaurants as we normally eat at those restaurants for lunch and rarely have dessert at that time of the day.

Last edited:
I would recommend the bread service at Sanaa. I would also recommend getting traditional naan, it comes with a sampler of different types of bread unless you specify. I think the traditional naan is best by far and that's why we just get 5 pieces of butter naan. For entrees, I've tried their curry dishes on several occasions, but I quite like their biryani, which is a rice dish (choose your protein, you can get chicken or shrimp added or just leave it vegetarian).

At Yak and Yeti, I usually order their chicken and kale salad - boring I know. We usually get their wok fried green beans or sushi as an appetizer. I've had their chocolate cake, and their wonton dessert, both really good.

A lot of times I have a hard time picking what to order at new places, I like to go to TripAdvisor and look at photos there.

I’d echo either the biryani or the potties at Sanaa (selecting the butter chicken and the cilantro-coconut vegetables).

The teriyaki chicken at Yak & Yeti is a safe bet.

Firecracker Shrimp at Yak is pretty good as an app. Lobster noodles or the Honey Ckn is a good choice...and the pineapple upside down cake for dessert, all at Yak.

The Kobe beef burger at Y&Y was outstanding. Super delicious with the mushroom topping. You can’t go wrong with the fried wonton dessert there either.

DW and I are not very adventurous either. At Yak & Yeti we shared, and really enjoyed, their house fried rice and lettuce wraps. Plenty of food. Those are considered "shareables" or sides, so I do not know if that they would work with the dining plan.

Mr. Spuds and I took my parents to Sanaa a couple of years ago. They are not adventurous eaters at all, but they loved the food. The servers were fantastic! We explained that we were not familiar with the flavors and weren't sure what to order. (Well....I knew exactly what I wanted 6 months ahead of time. But I digress....) The CM's did an AMAZING job of explaining the proteins and spice flavors in a "midwestern friendly" way.

It was perfect. There was some back and forth with my parents "does spicy mean hot? I don't like hot food." In the end they were both very happy with what they ordered.

For Sanaa I would strongly encourage you to tell the CM's what you typically enjoy and follow their guidance. They are pretty passionate about sharing new foods and flavors with everyone and finding something you will truly enjoy!

At Y&Y the ribs are delicious. The bread service at Sanaa is a must. I also agree with PP about the service at Sanaa. The servers ask a lot of the right questions to help figure out what to get.

We haven't eaten at Sanaa but we ate at Yak & Yeti last month and we both LOVED it.
We shared the dim sum basket and it was very good.
My husband is definitely not an adventurous eater and got his go-to orange chicken. He really like it.
I got the firecracker shrimp and a side of garlic noodles. They were both delicious and I'm going to order the exact same thing in December.
Just an fyi, my husband doesn't like spicy food. Not even pepper and he ate half my shrimp. They weren't spicy at all.
I also got the kiwi flavored mixed drink and loved it.
Here's the pictures I have. My husband had already started to dig into his so it doesn't look as pretty as it did.
20190516_123725.jpg
20190516_123728.jpg
20190516_123736.jpg

I really love the burger at Sanaa, but I think it's only on the lunch menu. I haven't been since 2017, so I'm not sure, but it used to be served open faced on naan bread, which is so soft and delicious. The bread service is also outstanding.

I posted pics from my January 2018 trip here:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-food-pictures-part-v.3261913/page-148
My sister and I love Indian food but my mother and son don’t. We went to both Sanaa and Yak and Yeti. At Sanaa, my son was able to get the tandoori chicken “sandwich” with just the chicken and naan and he really liked that. My mom got some salad with shrimp.

At Yak and Yeti, I got the chicken tikka masala but the rest of the family went with other options. There are plenty of choices there and they will modify if needed!

We really enjoy both and always go to Yak and Yeti when visiting Animal Kingdom! The AC is a welcome relief as is sitting down! 😂

The potstickers, honey chicken, and wonton dessert at Yak and Yeti were excellent when we went. I'm not an adventurous eater, either.

Looking forward to our first visit to Sanaa in the fall, but have been to Yak and Yeti twice, had very good experience both times! Could I suggest the restaurant reviews on Disney Tourist blog, they reviewed both restaurants and I found them helpful. I loved the won ton desert at Yak and Yeti! Have fun!

I had an amazingly delicious burger at Yak & Yeti, so I bet your husband would really enjoy that.

The bread service at Sanaa is probably my favorite food item at WDW. And we always spring for the extra dipping sauces.

Because I fill my belly with the naan bread, I tend to order of the lounge's appetizer menu (they will let you if you ask). I like the Lamb Kefta Skewers.

Another vote for the bread service at Sanaa with all nine of the dipping sauces. Also, the butter chicken is excellent.

Yak and Yeti. The honey chicken, Korean BBQ Ribs, and Teriyaki chicken are all good. :) Vegetable or chicken lo mein is good.

In addition to the Disney Tourist Blog mentioned above the Disney Food Blog has done reviews of the restaurant and usually includes pictures of many of the dishes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!